Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Dynasource said:

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

we do but it doesn't do much good,  sit there for hours waiting for your server to come back online because there's no one maintaining the servers.

I also had to open a ticket, I lost my level 132 survivor yesterday after transferring my character on the server Island43 because it crashed a few seconds after the transfer.

A survivor who had completed all the alpha ascensions. I guess they will just replace my character with a level 100, unascended and without my imprints ID. Happy Easter event...

I'm playing PVE. I have not noticed any issues so far on the maps I've transferred to except for Rag maps.

I normally reside on The Center, but I frequently travel to specific Rag servers (and have been doing so since before the event). Since the event started I've seen a dramatic increase in servers going offline, but it has only been Rag. Happened on different server numbers for 15 minutes to an hour at a time on average. 4 times within 2 days but it happened every time I made a trip to Rag. I have NEVER seen this happen in the months I've been playing before the Easter event, and now all of a sudden its a problem.

I have not tried other maps, I will probably try going to Valg, but something isn't right at least on Rag maps. It would really suck if this was a constant problem the entire event.

1 hour ago, Cyclops said:

Like most people on this post, I'm a long time player and extremely frustrated.

Server stability and reduction of lag should be the #1 priority of the developers at this point.

No new content, no new DLC or events.  Just fix current bugs, optimize current maps and focus on giving us adequate gameplay.    This is what your customers and player base want most.  Most of the tickets made for lost items or dinos are directly related to server stability.  If you wish to retain a player base, then focus on the issues that are causing people to leave the game.

100% agree 

Also pretty sure some people comments on here are being deleted aswell lol 

The fact everyone is talking about it thread after thread being merged so it's not flooding the forums and making it look worse.

Wildcard failing and not caring at all to comment on it just shows what you should expect from them it's been this way for years nothing is going to change. With a few games around the corner wont mention any names but I do see ark losing alot of console players very soon to them.

Look at the switch version of the game and how they milked a entire audience says it all. 

EU-PVE-Official-TheIsland78 - (v310.19)

Rank
Player count
0/70
Address
Status
Distance
1095 km
Country
Germany
Uptime
7 Days: 71%,

I think the above says it all really. 71% uptime over the past 7 days is pretty poor by anyone's standards 

I don't mean to abuse the courtesy you have always shown,  however given the increasing page count on this I think it's a topic you really need to be aware of.

Something for after the Easter weekend.

Kind regards

Another edit, for this 

Offline Since
04/12/2020 7:21 PM
16 hours ago

Well update 4, after showing as dead this server was resurrected early today on a new IP. shame it was down for so long and the timing was bad, holiday weekend and all that.

My thanks to @lilpanda and the server team 

Edited by Hemplethwaite

Genesis Official Server 602 Needs specific help

It's always down, crashes every hour, and has been like this for 2 weeks.

Can we please get some server side statistics posted here please so you can see what is going wrong!

We need your help.

See:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2058603859

Edited by ShadowRune2019

21 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

I totally dont agree it’s all the Dino’s out,  it’s also the structures themselves.  The more built up a server is the more problems they have versus fresher servers.  

expecially when people build massive structures that are comprised mostly of greenhouse pieces.  omg the lag inducement from that is insane.

20 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

expecially when people build massive structures that are comprised mostly of greenhouse pieces.  omg the lag inducement from that is insane.

Completely agree.  Since they don't have a large wall variant, and I've seen people use those to the point , my computer goes down to 1-2 fps if i even look in their direction.  I have a hard time imagining how the owners even load their own bases.

Need to keep bumping this topic. Will also help to give this game negative ratings on steam, as it does not seem Wildcard has any interest in taking their supplier chain seriously. It's a shame because this a beautiful game that should be fun, but if the servers don't stay up you're not getting what you paid for.

Server instability is becoming a horrible issue. Game is unplayable, too many crashes and roll backs. Wildcard needs to publicly acknowledge and address the issue. I do IT for a living, and people would lose their jobs in any other data center with this kind of instability. Wildcards focus seems to be on cute colors and event themes instead of the underlying quality of their game. It's very disturbing, and is very quickly making me regret the time and money I have spent here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic