Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

• Ghuty changed the title to 466 off 18hours

Small tribes server 85 is not letting anyone connect, wc raptoring fix it

Official small tribes 85 extinction 0n PS4 is not letting anyone join for no reason so wc raptoring fix ya poop  cause now no one can get on nd play there days of progress, tbh fed up of ark presenting loads of poop problems and the devs doing nothing 

obelisk upload bug

I play on official PVE where players block all the artifacts because, y'know, players.

So I transfer to other servers to get them, and I always lose around 1-in-5 items I upload to the obelisk. I upload them, they disappear from my inventory, and they *don't* appear in the Ark data (and yes, I wait a long time). I always just have to hope it's something replaceable... I lost 4 ascendent pump-action shotguns and 3 cryopod dinos last week.

I'm not going over any limits, I'm not putting them in the wrong place; again, 80% of the stuff transfers. I just wondered if there were any tips or tricks to NOT lose stuff, and it seems like other people don't have these problems.

The item transfer confused me too but afaik you don't have to upload items for the transfer. I let the stuff in my inventory and wait until the timers on the items are gone, then I transfer.

Same with dino uploads for transfer, it just don't work for me if I try to upload a dino. But if I carry them in my inventory in a pod, then no problem.

4 hours ago, nworlds said:

that might have to do with auto backup, if the server is allready running on it's edge performance wise, it could very well be that the little bit extra for backing up server files gives it the rest...

I think some of the freezes are from halting the servers for the backup. To get a consistent backup, the server just halts everything, makes the backup and then continues. And we experience that as freeze. Could also be that they decreased the backup intervall from 30 min to 15 min.

Over 5 hours now (almost 6) and 717 NA PVE is still offline.. 

When the server went down I was in the snow biome in rex/carno territory with a inventory of good podded dinos.
If it comes online at a stupid time and I can't get access to my character before it gets attacked or drowned by a thieving [][][] tribe member (they love to do it), I stand to lose weeks worth of breeding and a damn good line.

I hate to be a 'Karen' about it, but at the end of the day we all paid for this game and frankly this isn't even close to good enough, Server performance is pathetic at best, but just straight up going offline for hours is poor form.

The very least you guys could do was acknowledge a problem even exists.

Edited by Sausagedog85
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Negligence said:

Immediately Cancel Eggcellent Event

Wonder why the servers* are down or lagged out?

Kids always jump to "ddos." It's not ddos. It's because of the 4x taming and breeding event. Large tribes pull out their cryopods and throw out a combined hundreds of tames to let them breed. This overwhelms the servers, rendering the game unplayable not only for those tribes but also for the vast majority of players.

Of course Wildcard knows this issue, and it is in their interest to not address official server issues now that Genesis sales have flattened out. They make more money when people rent unofficial servers.

I am collaborating with 2 gaming news journals to elaborate on this story. However, they wanted me to notify the developers of the issue first, even though the devs are well aware. Here is your notification. I welcome an urgent response from a developer (LinkedIn profile seal) and not a "community manager".

*refers to official; please do not contribute to thread if you did not realize it without this footnote

well being the devs don't read the forum you failed on notifying the devs first off.

secondly its a combination of things making the servers unplayable, not just what your mentioning.

VPN connections bog the network and slow down communication on the servers, causing more lag,  reguardless of the current event, this is going to continue to be a issue right now and cause higher pings for everyone on the servers.

Antiquated Servers - been a issue for a long while, rather then swapping out the old servers and leasing new ones wildcard just recycles the current servers for newer maps,  old hardware on outdated servers compounds the issues making it even more of a issue when high numbers of players get on the servers or events are running.

Duping - This has been a issue with the servers for a long while, and is usually fairly easy to spot,  the server will start lagging horribly then start dropping all players from it, not actually crashing the server but causing such a high ping, everyone gets dumped.  During events it will even cause server crashing.

thos are just a few reasons that the servers are crashing, known reasons.  Granted the events do add more lag to the servers do to the number of people playing,  the mass amounts of materials being farmed, dino's being killed, and the respawns for all those items but are not the root cause for the server crashes, it just magnifies other existing problems.

I think you need to do more homework before running around saying "its all the events fault".

• Like 2

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic