Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

I don't believe your theory. Even if unpodding of 100 dinos would cause lag this would not explain the frequent server freezes. It would require dozens of megatribes on each server unpodding hundreds of dinos every 15 mins. Your theory does not fit with facts.

I think one of the main reasons is that Wildcard is running multiple maps on one server to save server hardware.

• Like 1

wow 22 instability threads got merged into this one in the last 15h alone!

makes one wonder what more it will take to get an "OFFICIAL & HONEST" statement from Wildcard about what is really going on with their servers!

i mean ANY information would be REALLY APPRECIATED!  this complete silence is what makes us mad!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zapha said:

I don't believe your theory. Even if unpodding of 100 dinos would cause lag this would not explain the frequent server freezes. It would require dozens of megatribes on each server unpodding hundreds of dinos every 15 mins. Your theory does not fit with facts.

I think one of the main reasons is that Wildcard is running multiple maps on one server to save server hardware.

You're neglecting that these servers are held on "nodes" that contain multiple "servers" on one physical machine. It only takes one "arm" of that node to cause instability for any connected servers. Not only that, but it is cloud based, so many nodes are interconnected, meaning if one node experiences trouble, the other interconnected nodes take strain away from it, in turn causing strain on their own node.

Seriously, this is ballsed up. The most success Im getting after today's patch is "unable to query server info for invite." That's IF it gets passed Steam saying the server is unavailable.  I thought for sure they had fixed the transferring issue last night, but it turns out they made it impossible to connect in the first place. Guess you can't worry about play being broken if you can't even play at all...

Transferred servers, server crashed, now im tribeless?

Went to another server to do a trade, came back to my main one, server went down within a min, and after 40 mins when it comes back up, Im no longer in my own tribe? Character is there but I am gone from the tribe. How the hell does this happen and get fixed?

11 minutes ago, captyarrr said:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODmorning everyone and happy easter!!

Now let's find some eggs. 

Erm, no, nevermind. Not a single server we play on is online.

RIP imprints!! WE LOVE ARK!! WOOOOOOOOT!!

Same here. Server is down this early is a baaad sign.

Usually I hatch eggs, get baby to 10% and FO for the rest of the day since I can't do anything meaningful anyways - server can drop me at any time and crash is matter of time.

You'll need to ban me if you want me to stop posting when NA39 goes down

It's been down for 8 hours.  This company is a joke.  You should give every single player on this server their money back, except for the duping jerkoff who keeps crashing it (you'd know that someone was duping if you'd done any research or investigating whatsoever).

4 minutes ago, Dave192 said:

Im guessing something with the latest patch went very wrong as there are lots of servers offline, two of which i was looking to play on.

guess i may as well watch FF VII twitch streams to pass the time.

it's got more to do with it being a x4 breeding event, Half the servers are dino capped right now because people are dropping huge piles of eggs. 

3 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Same here. Server is down this early is a baaad sign.

Usually I hatch eggs, get baby to 10% and FO for the rest of the day since I can't do anything meaningful anyways - server can drop me at any time and crash is matter of time.

It's us. The players. 

Can't ever be the company.

Altho, it must been said, that update was very welcome.

Edited by captyarrr

717 PVE The Island is down... again, for the 7th+ time in the last 24 hours.. and multiple, sometimes double digit times a day, every day, for the past week, not to mention the insufferable lag every 7 or 8 seconds that never lets up.

Someone needs to get to the bottom of this, and stop ignoring the issue.

side note edit:: Several [][][][]_[][] tribes happily and openly bragged that it happens when they are duping eggs, but they seem to go unnoticed, and unpunished.

Edited by Sausagedog85

Still, the number of dinos alone would not freeze the servers, without what i like to call a "Breeding Explosion".

At a rate of 4x this is very unlikely to happen though. It would take some coincidence of a large amount of dinos being left on breeding at ideal temperatures or air conditioning/incubators, to result in all eggs hatching, and even then, offspring would not survive long enough to start breeding themselves.

Those "Breeding Explosions" used to happen on boosted servers when events with breeding multipliers still affected unofficials resulting in absurd 40x or more...

I would dare to theorize, that WC has just been cramping way too many maps/servers on each (virtual) machine, strangulating CPU/RAM ending up compromising the stability of the physical server itself.

• Like 1

that might have to do with auto backup, if the server is allready running on it's edge performance wise, it could very well be that the little bit extra for backing up server files gives it the rest...

Then again, we are not talking about my cluster, i do not know what configuration WC are using... I like to keep my server in a position it can still breathe :D

5 hours ago, Negligence said:

Immediately Cancel Eggcellent Event

Wonder why the servers* are down or lagged out?

Kids always jump to "ddos." It's not ddos. It's because of the 4x taming and breeding event. Large tribes pull out their cryopods and throw out a combined hundreds of tames to let them breed. This overwhelms the servers, rendering the game unplayable not only for those tribes but also for the vast majority of players.

Of course Wildcard knows this issue, and it is in their interest to not address official server issues now that Genesis sales have flattened out. They make more money when people rent unofficial servers.

I am collaborating with 2 gaming news journals to elaborate on this story. However, they wanted me to notify the developers of the issue first, even though the devs are well aware. Here is your notification. I welcome an urgent response from a developer (LinkedIn profile seal) and not a "community manager".

*refers to official; please do not contribute to thread if you did not realize it without this footnote

Saying "kids" always jump to ddos is exactly why people like you don't help. You offer no real solution, only incoherent rambling.

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic