Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Probitas said:

WC rarely says a peep about hacks, other than to announce a patch and fix for something, IF they feel necessary to state the reason. In some cases the guilty party won't even be punished per se, just have their ill gotten gains nuked. If you happened to have been victimized during this process you will remain so. WC are like cops in the real world, reactionary but rarely restorative. Do you think it might be better for them to simply wipe the server completely forcing everyone to start over when someone hacks? Do you think that might reduce the prevalence of hacking? Is it fair to put the whole server on a square one basis rather than leaving guilty parties mostly whole while the victims remain victimized?

The problem is Server Instability; PvE turning randomly into PvP;  I personally also play on 457;   I've played ark for years and ark support nor the dev's care about anyone or anything that happens in the game;  It's all money to them, you already paid for the game they won.  I've played ark since Alpha/Beta Phase and only watched ark support and content go down hill in terms of stability and the care of the quality of product. Personally i believe nothing will be done and if anything is done they are going to brush it off like nothing even happened.

Asia Servers Completely Broken?

Majority of the asia servers seem completely broken, I can join the server every now and then, yet majority of the time the server is either down, or simply not appearing for me. My mates in NZ can not even see the server whilst i'm currently playing on it. Not only this, but servers are often laggy and will crash and rollback every few hours. If not some sort of fix, some recognition would be nice, these servers are seemingly unplayable.

All issues were recorded on asia, the island 131

Edited by CrusherCallenYT

WC is so stupid... "Let's increase rates, to motivate people in quarentine" 
- Yeah nice move WC, your garbage servers can't even handle 20% of the traffic, boosting rates are only making it worse. 

Btw. It's not only your server. It's all official servers that are crashing and disconnecting people. And yes I mean also on different maps. 

• Facepalm 1

All i have to say is this. Out of 3yrs, the only time my main legacy server started re-rolling over and over again was when it was getting duped. Eventually got banned and we never had an issue about it.

Now why did i mention this? cause out of 3yrs, this is the 2nd time im witnessing this in a much worse way. I find it hard to believe that TraXz here is claiming that an island map has had re-rolls recently due to everything that is happening, which is a nice point since people are playing ARK more now i guess due to the pandemic but I play in one(island map), its my main server, always in there and have people who play there regularly and not one sign of reroll, only time have something similar to a re-roll is when the server has to update or restart to start/end an event.

Not saying just cause my island server is fine so you are a liar, just letting you know its hard for me to believe is all, also my aberration server, ragnarok server and extinction server does not suffer from the event or the current days at all, and yes, i can't guarantee(not that close to the people there) about my other mentioned servers other than my island map, definitely no rerolls there as i play there and close friends are almost always there.

EDIT: lol, server just re-rolled. RiP.

Edited by Mjun9

Server crashes, ping 255 on all servers!!!

Dear Team of Wildcard,

you have come up with a great event, but the servers are partly unplayable, Ping 255, no matter which server, server crashes ... please take a look at this, thank you

on our own:

we have an extremely large number of Chinese players on all official servers, the ping is usually extremely high when they are online ... they are offline then the ping calms down ... only so on the sidelines as a note ... Maybe the server is extremely delayed by the response time to China and back again?

Edited by Siance
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mjun9 said:

All i have to say is this. Out of 3yrs, the only time my main legacy server started re-rolling over and over again was when it was getting duped. Eventually got banned and we never had an issue about it.

Now why did i mention this? cause out of 3yrs, this is the 2nd time im witnessing this in a much worse way. I find it hard to believe that TraXz here is claiming that an island map has had re-rolls recently due to everything that is happening, which is a nice point since people are playing ARK more now i guess due to the pandemic but I play in one(island map), its my main server, always in there and have people who play there regularly and not one sign of reroll, only time have something similar to a re-roll is when the server has to update or restart to start/end an event.

Not saying just cause my island server is fine so you are a liar, just letting you know its hard for me to believe is all, also my aberration server, ragnarok server and extinction server does not suffer from the event or the current days at all, and yes, i can't guarantee(not that close to the people there) about my other mentioned servers other than my island map, definitely no rerolls there as i play there and close friends are almost always there.

EDIT: lol, server just re-rolled. RiP.

all you have to do is go to the twitter page and look at the comments to the latest post about the 'dev kit' being updated.  Tons of comments on there about consistent server crashes.  my island server averages 20-30 people, yet its experiencing high lag, server disconnects, and crashes.  Same with my ragnarok server.  My SE server that normally has anywhere from 5-20 people playing on it is experiencing the same issues.   My valguero server has had 1-2 crashes per day, and is experiencing save lag of up to a minute now.  My genesis server is experiencing high ping and server disconnects as well, luckly so far *knock on wood* its not getting daily crashes.  all these servers are official.

All of this started 3 patches ago, and has been getting steadily worse.

On 1/6/2020 at 1:13 PM, invincibleqc said:

According to Wikipedia, 434 was seriously damaged by a bomb.

Jokes aside; server issues must be reported through the Server Outage Report form so that it gets escalated directly to the server management team.

It's been going on for almost a week. Dozens of servers, most likely way more are completely unplayable. You also moved my post to ark mobile forums? Lmao...

my server goes offline at every 3 to 4 hours. we can even predict the next time it goes away and has confirmed uploading items after a server save but before the server goes down does not retain the items in your inventory but everything will be in the cloud.

I'm glad we don't lose our items doing that

I want to blame bad oc internet but...this is happening across all of ark

Edited by HiImZech

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Usuallyafk said:

I guess it was someone else. My mistake.

I just had a look at your post history and you didn't provide any information as to which platform you were reporting the issue on and the moderator that moved it most likely based the move on the fact your profile platform states you are a "Mobile" player. You should be more explicit when you report something, or you should update your profile with up-to-date and correct information. That said, if you believe a thread was move in error, please use the [Report] feature in the future and it will be reviewed. :)

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic