Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

NA-PVP-Ragnarok-Smalltribes27 Constantly Crashing and Lagging Non-stop

The past 3 days I've been trying to play, the  server begings to lag really bad, and I just keep getting teleported to the same place over and over again. That happens for a while until it just completely crashes and the server is down for 20 mins. then I get back on and the same thing keeps happening. Someone is clearly doing something. Please solve this issue, as it is not fair to the players trying to play while someone is making the server crash.

I play on both genesis and island... I can confirm that they are both crashing and having rollbacks. it's not only your server. 
Also both capped at 255 ping. 

It's not duping, it's just garbage servers that can't handle all the traffic. Especially not in these quarintine times. 

Edited by TraXz
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 1:57 AM, invincibleqc said:

Except for breeding, 4x was enabled for the past few days from what I've read.

except breeding, taming and xp you mean.  only thing that was 4x prior to event was harvesting.

On 4/8/2020 at 1:59 AM, Mjun9 said:

True that. Its just from my experience of 3yrs, the only time this happens is when people are duping and abusing it. Will see how things goes, Server is currently out/re-rolling again btw. We were only able to stay in for few mins.

It happens when you have alot of VPN users connecting to your server as well.

its not only the Genesis servers having this issue, the lag and server crashes have steadily grown across official for the last 3 patches.

4 hours ago, Trombadinha said:

Issue with server transfering/server crash

I was transfering servers and it actually worked(heading back home from Extinction 443), was going to grab my itens in obelisk when the server crashed.. when it comes back online again I relloged, the char still there but the ownership OF EVERYTHING THAT'S MINE wasn't more mine -_-(even the character been there, with the same lv and all that poop)

Any solution? Anyone with simillar case?

Damm, 289 hours in trash atm

Extra info:

Main server: NA-PVE-83-TheIsland
Server that I travelled: NA-PVE-443-Extinction
Server that crashed: NA-PVE-83-TheIsland(10/04/2020)

Is there anyone else in your tribe besides yourself?

31 minutes ago, Masurao said:

Is there anyone else in your tribe besides yourself?

No there isn't, I just created the Tribe so I can join alliances and have a more direct chat with some people .

3 hours ago, Zapha said:

This would confirm my assumption. Personal ownership without tribe holds better.

No, cuz I joined in 443 to see if I already own the crap mini base over there and I was already with the re-created tribe. So as you can see, re-creating or staying without tribe its just the same, since I'm the same player/playerId or whatever they use to authenticate players/make them unique.

WC rarely says a peep about hacks, other than to announce a patch and fix for something, IF they feel necessary to state the reason. In some cases the guilty party won't even be punished per se, just have their ill gotten gains nuked. If you happened to have been victimized during this process you will remain so. WC are like cops in the real world, reactionary but rarely restorative. Do you think it might be better for them to simply wipe the server completely forcing everyone to start over when someone hacks? Do you think that might reduce the prevalence of hacking? Is it fair to put the whole server on a square one basis rather than leaving guilty parties mostly whole while the victims remain victimized?

Edited by Probitas
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Trombadinha said:

Tried to access my base without a tribe and founding the same tribe again.. both didn't work

Never do this. Instead, transfer to any other server and back, that usually restores your tribe membership.

Also set pins for everything, so even in worse case scenario you would be able to get your bp's, materisals and dinos from fridge.

20 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Never do this. Instead, transfer to any other server and back, that usually restores your tribe membership.

Also set pins for everything, so even in worse case scenario you would be able to get your bp's, materisals and dinos from fridge.

If I leave the tribe(it will vanish since I'm the only member of it) and make that transfer.. will that work?(now)

I

1 hour ago, Trombadinha said:

If I leave the tribe(it will vanish since I'm the only member of it) and make that transfer.. will that work?(now)

I

I doubt it will work after you made new tribe.
Hopefully GM will restore your ownership in time. Just remember if it happens again - don't create new tribe , don't join any other tribe, don't do anything - just transfer out of that server and back.

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic