Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

I asked for other servers to move to; not opinions on WC's ability to maintain servers.

Im aware there are some servers with issues; ours has been going on for months. Not down for a few days at a time but literally down every hour. Sometimes more then once. With many people reporting it and zero response..

Ive played on Rag, Val, etc. Never had the issues many have nor what my Island server is having. The Gen server I play on is lag free and zero crashes; its wonderful.

Given the usual snarky replies this forum generates, I probably answered my own question with where to move.

Worldwide pandemic and you're still making us login

The fact that you have left auto decay on during this time is pathetic. Not one person in our tribe is able to get on at this time and we have lost everything on both servers.

I'm done!!

You try to force everyone on PVE to be on every 4 or so days, otherwise electrical cables auto decay and during this pandemic, many of us are not able to get on because of real life issues. Your pathetic attempt to force everyone to be on as much as possible is extremely annoying.

I have played since Beta and after this, I will never buy another Studio Wildcard game again, as a matter of principle.

Meh unofficials can come and go like the wind: People get bored, people cant afford it anymore, people go back to school, someone always needs to be the PR man to drum up support/get more players or you're playing with the same 10-15 people, people can cheat/spawn crap in if they want, there can be drama, you name it. Not to mention the server is only as good as your host.

Not all WC servers are poop which is what baffles me; the Gen server I play on hasnt crashed once; no lag and there are huge Chinese bases with dozens of dinos out. I dont understand the rhyme or reason with their servers...

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Popular unofficials rarely do that. If you join some shady server with 10 slots then yes that's likely to happen, but any server with a decent playerbase won't close down quick.

They won't because most of them are powered by P2W mechanics.

• Like 1

Good morning just reading the comments and I want to bring up something from the past.  I once had Jat reply about servers once before when I was critical of their decision to go with Nitrado as their server provider. He praised how 'awesome' they were and posted the server specs 2 years ago.  I did even more digging afterwards and based upon my own research, my assumptions were correct. Even though the server at the time was great, they began combining servers to one machine. Now there are more than two on each dedicated server. They tripled the load with no growth on supply. 

Im loading up. wish me luck.

I'd love to hear back from a dev now to see why they still continue to think their hosting provider is adequate. 

From a players perspective, some have it right. Why dont we pay for servers, or why don't we play on unofficial.  It's simple.  Without prevention of hacks the game has to be locked up. They wont allow private to mingle with public, official to mingle with each other (Like a pve/pvp in game community hub for trading, connecting, etc.) Now that its locked up there is no competition for server speed and performance. This allows Wildcard to put as little money into it as possible because its one of their largest sources of revenue loss.  It's ergonomics defined by logic.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LEDminer said:

Popular unofficials rarely do that. If you join some shady server with 10 slots then yes that's likely to happen, but any server with a decent playerbase won't close down quick.

rarely but do.  have had it happen.

but in point - if your a gaming company - running servers - you want to keep those servers up to par so that players have a good experience on them, and recommend the game to their friends.  

plus you have the fact that many players have been playing on official for years, working on dino lines getting things built up at a main base, and starting over, from scratch, just isn't something that they want to do, or are even willing to do.  I know a few people who have left ark permanently because their entire base decayed due to "ark bugs" and they lost everything.  

another point is - unofficial servers don't always update when patches come out, leaving players sitting for 1-2 days (sometimes even longer) because the person in charge of the server hasn't been online.

i can only say that we had like 2 weeks of poor servers at least (probs more) 

I don't understand how WildCard can keep this bad quality servers as their own bilboard for their game...
It should run fluidly, to encourage other ppl play the game.

255 ping, client kicks every 30 mins, 4-5 crashes a day.

People lose dinos, don't enjoy the event how it should be , because with this lag the spawns are also bugged out it seems.
Only at low traffic times they run "ok". Lately i been so happy when i see a ping under 100, while it shoul dbe like 40.

I wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee if only those servers would run as they should run....
But as it is now, you might have a player peak with genesis, but you will soon get a play downfall...

Edited by mogrot
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, MikeyJay said:

Worldwide pandemic and you're still making us login

The fact that you have left auto decay on during this time is pathetic. Not one person in our tribe is able to get on at this time and we have lost everything on both servers.

Wow. The entitlement is strong here.

Since the solution for the pandemic seems to be stay home, playing video games should be a problem for the majority.

Also, turning off decay isn't an option for official servers, especially PvE. Imagine the instantaneous pillaring.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

I asked for other servers to move to

Posting a currently stable server on a public forum was be a stupid idea, since the influx of players could make that server no longer stable.

I doubt there are any. Stability is a temporary condition and could easily and quickly change.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Because a lot of people who play the game have never touched the official servers.

Maybe on the official servers, but they could just close them down and save money. No need to run empty servers you know.

i disagree strongly with you. 

The official community is big and makes the game as it is now.
Ofcourse there are many unofficial servers. but they close faster then you can build a decent tek base ? and mutate a dino line.

Maybe the game should be client based and make a link between people so you can join each other's base etc.
Less servers to maintain/pay

anyone else find it ironic that this thread is mainly about official server stability and the only defense that's been done in its rebuttal is "play unofficial" ?  

if that's the best that can be said on the official server stability, and the constant drop of quality of play with the recent patches (higher lag, more frequent server crashes), you really need to rethink your comments.

Servers game companies run for their games reflect not only on how people view the game itself, but reflect on how people view the company as well

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rogerinhodaise said:

I understand your point of view, but, in practice, we are stopping liking the game that we love, associated with a poor quality service.

You have to separate the game or the official servers. 

Love the game but hate the stability and support available on official servers, then you have to decide what's important to you. Die hard official servers only opinion or ark is fun and actually having fun.

The gaming industry as a whole is reducing its quality and customer service.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

You have to separate the game or the official servers. 

Love the game but hate the stability and support available on official servers, then you have to decide what's important to you. Die hard official servers only opinion or ark is fun and actually having fun.

The gaming industry as a whole is reducing its quality and customer service.

Aint that the truth. It seems every game released these days is still in beta. The rush to market to beat the competition and/or bring in revenue at a certain time is making for crappy games.

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 1

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic