Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Probitas said:

Twitter has a character limit to each post. Clearly WC/Snail isn't interested in any meaningful communication, preferring instead to simply post when they wish to post. All the players could flood their twitter feed with posts complaining about server instability, but they can lock down twitter and prevent any posts at all. It's just about the last place then can hide before just cutting all ties with their customer.

This is true. They clearly really don't want much confrontation while they bankroll. Then again, they were said to have been "ran off" of the forums each time they post by the many, many disgruntled players.

Speaking of which.

I was very recently gifted Extinction by my buddy to learn a few engrams, and I must say: How does 'anyone' even play this? Every 5 seconds or less, it lags for  7-8 more seconds. The Sanctuary is quite literally uninhabitable, let alone playable. They were lagged out twice in the span of 6 minutes while we were just trying to leave, and my screen stayed frozen for up to 15 seconds at a time. We were the only two players in the server.

Words fail.

We serious need help, every 30/40min the server goes down and only save the first 15min...

This is not a joke... We can't play like that... 

Me and others players we fill the form and ARK doesn't do nothing and i know it isn'tt just this server with the same problems. !!!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8Xn6z_RP7fxGgH_86VZAKDzqmbDboanrC51GSpr_1v9_PLA/viewform

We need solution please!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Bosch said:

Customer support

I have sent a couple tickets in with nothing so far. These people still working?

Yes, but it takes time to answer, it can take a week just for them to get your ticket because they are answered in the order that they are recieved, with more people playing right now there are probably more tickets as well.

I was just about to make a topic with the same title.

I have been waiting for over 3 months to get help with a dino i lost which i sent in a ticket for.

I then lost my character a mont later which i also sent in a ticket for, so this was two different tickets, the gm Said he could help me out with both issues at the same time no problem.

So today was the day i was on my aberration server which were where we were suppose to meet on the first ticket. I was in time and everything, then i got a Mail that Said he was on my other server and waiting for me (the server i out in on the second ticket) to help me with my character issues, and since i was on aberration (dont have a base there) i couldnt transfer over in time. He just kept counting down the time i had left to get help. 

The main issue is that he just skipped my first ticket and tried to help me with my second ticket which had a different appointment, ha came over to aberration with 2 mins left until he had to leave and gave me 2 lvls....thats it. So he didnt even help me with the ticket he was suppose to! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iAgnehole said:

I was just about to make a topic with the same title.

I have been waiting for over 3 months to get help with a dino i lost which i sent in a ticket for.

I then lost my character a mont later which i also sent in a ticket for, so this was two different tickets, the gm Said he could help me out with both issues at the same time no problem.

So today was the day i was on my aberration server which were where we were suppose to meet on the first ticket. I was in time and everything, then i got a Mail that Said he was on my other server and waiting for me (the server i out in on the second ticket) to help me with my character issues, and since i was on aberration (dont have a base there) i couldnt transfer over in time. He just kept counting down the time i had left to get help. 

The main issue is that he just skipped my first ticket and tried to help me with my second ticket which had a different appointment, ha came over to aberration with 2 mins left until he had to leave and gave me 2 lvls....thats it. So he didnt even help me with the ticket he was suppose to! 

3 months wasn't enough time for you to reacquire the dino you lost on your own?

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

3 months wasn't enough time for you to reacquire the dino you lost on your own?

Nope since it was an event drake that disappeared while i was transfering. I dont really care that much about it.
The point im making is that i didnt even got the help i was suppose to get cause he ignored my ticket to help me with another one that i was suppose to get help with at another appointment.

He was on the wrong server and wrong ticket. I even got the Mail to prove it, but whats the point? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, iAgnehole said:

Nope since it was an event drake that disappeared while i was transfering. I dont really care that much about it.
The point im making is that i didnt even got the help i was suppose to get cause he ignored my ticket to help me with another one that i was suppose to get help with at another appointment.

He was on the wrong server and wrong ticket. I even got the Mail to prove it, but whats the point? 

Support is notorious for this behavior.

I got a response to my lost character ticket today... 

They can't restore ownership of my tribe because I'm the only member of the tribe.

They can't restore me to level 108 because I don't have a screenshot of my character AT THAT LEVEL.

They can't give me my tek engrams because they have no proof of the bosses I've beaten (which is everything prior to Extinction).  For that, they'd need a screenshot of my survivor implant....

I've loved this game, but I'm done.  I can deal with the occasional lost dino or disappearing smithy.  But having no way to recover a character that's been playing for years, on every map that's come along?   No thanks.  And I'll never spend another dollar on anything Wildfire makes.  They just don't know how to handle operations.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, c4hammer said:

They can't restore ownership of my tribe because I'm the only member of the tribe.

They can't restore me to level 108 because I don't have a screenshot of my character AT THAT LEVEL.

They can't give me my tek engrams because they have no proof of the bosses I've beaten (which is everything prior to Extinction).  For that, they'd need a screenshot of my survivor implant....

I've loved this game, but I'm done.  I can deal with the occasional lost dino or disappearing smithy.  But having no way to recover a character that's been playing for years, on every map that's come along?   No thanks.  And I'll never spend another dollar on anything Wildfire makes.  They just don't know how to handle operations.

Condolences, that sucks :(

On 1/16/2019 at 1:56 PM, Schelmixi said:

Same here. Lost lots of blueprints. Rollback please :)

But they say that theres nothing really wrong with the servers, no major issues and certainly not due to endless 3x! 

I lost some stuff too.. best bet is to not transfer or transfer only to DLC servers with a lot fewer problems due to fewer bases / dinos out. Those seem to be doing fine

On 3/30/2020 at 12:49 AM, johniefive said:

is there a new guy adding everyones post to one post or what

No, they're just sinking all the performance and uptime related posts to hide how poor of a job their hosting provider is doing.

Island server I play on crashed twice over the previous weekend, and was down for almost 20 hours of that weekend. Crashed again last night, right before I was going to go to bed, had to stay up to make sure no one drowned my body and looted my favorite dinos I had in cryo.

So there's the double frustration:  No one fixing whatever the underlying problem is with these servers, and the mods sinking the issue so it doesn't get the attention it could use.

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2020 at 10:27 AM, SuhaCro said:

i lost my character cause of this, and other players too. 

You should expound on this a bit more.

I know of a person who lost his character. He had transferred onto the island server I play on, and then the server crashed shortly thereafter. When the server was restored, it was rolled back to before he had transferred. His character was no longer on the island, wasn't on his previous server, and was simply no where to be found. Told him to open a ticket, not sure what became of that.

11 hours ago, c4hammer said:

This is why single player (you're your one admin) or well run unofficial communities are just better. Notice the 'well run' part, not every unofficial community will fit this criteria.

7 hours ago, Super Fab said:

But they say that theres nothing really wrong with the servers, no major issues and certainly not due to endless 3x! 

I lost some stuff too.. best bet is to not transfer or transfer only to DLC servers with a lot fewer problems due to fewer bases / dinos out. Those seem to be doing fine

Uhh my post is more than a year old, i don't even play on officials anymore ?

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic