Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes

balistikas

Message added by invincibleqc

Please report official server outages using this form: https://ark.gg/outage

If you lost in-game progress such as your character, etc. due to a rollback please submit a Support Ticket to get in-game assistance.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just gonna throw this out here, while I certainly appreciate the effort of Wildcard to continue on with this title and I'm excited about the new stuff coming, I'd like to say a few things.  

Ark is a time sensitive game, it requires each player to babysit vigilantly to make sure things get fed, to make sure we are there for raising imprints, to make sure we are there for egg hatches.  There are literally so many timers that to not dedicate several hours a day simply punishes the player. Something needs to be done to alleviate this if we cannot depend on the game servers and game client to meet the demands this game places on the player communities.  This is a never ending issue with Ark, if its not technical issues with hardware then it's software, or it's untested or improperly patched code.  The patching process I can semi-understand, when you introduce changes to any project, you are bound to get some un anticipated results, but this happens way way too often.  Beyond the scope of what I just said, there's also the fact that we paid to "play." Nothing irritates me more than when I log on with my cup of coffee in hand to have what i'm hoping will be a productive yet enjoyable morning in my favorite game and find that something has broken overnight which again.. happens all the time.   Granted, it does free up time to come into the forums and gripe. 

One of the most annoying things about this non-stop issue this morning is that we don't know what we can or cannot do.  Players -can- connect to the server briefly before being kicked (if they have the toon directly on the server.)  However the question remains if they should or not? Is it safe to transfer the toon quickly over to another official server? Is it safe to grab hours of our work and time and move it off server in case of a full on loss of the server?  What are the guidelines when something like this happens?  That's really what needs to be addressed. There's literally 20+ players sitting here staring at their screen unable to play because their main toons are all on the server that's having issues with no idea what's safe to do or not to do.  Wildcard? Care to comment on this? It would be nice if we had some inkling of a clue as to what we could do to get the toons off the server so we can at least go do something in game.

#frustrated #pleasegetthisfixed

• Like 1

P.S - Just an afterthought, why hasn't the player files been converted into a cloud based system? Seems to me, if you store the player files in the cloud, you'd mostly eliminate the character deletion issue on transfers, the player would simply choose the character they want to play, select the server, and upload to that server in real time. There are of course other considerations but all in all I think it would be much easier to handle.

4 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

P.S - Just an afterthought, why hasn't the player files been converted into a cloud based system? Seems to me, if you store the player files in the cloud, you'd mostly eliminate the character deletion issue on transfers, the player would simply choose the character they want to play, select the server, and upload to that server in real time. There are of course other considerations but all in all I think it would be much easier to handle.

Not as simple as you think. There are multiple mechanics on transfers for battling duping etc.

PVE Valguero 558 "Locked"? and it shows up now as PvP unofficial...?

For more than 12hrs this (my home) server has a LOCK symbol next to it and incorrectly shows up on sessions list as unofficial PvP.  Via discord I've seen other Val players who logged off on Val note when they log on there is a password prompt (they ignore and log on) but keep getting intermittently timed out.  Some were able to cryo dinos and leave the server, but noone has been able to transfer TO the server.

First is WC aware of these server issue?

Second, wth is going on?  Will someone C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-E to the community what is happening and the status?

Some have speculated Battleye is causing conflicts after the last couple updates and/or some corrupt files.

Please respond ASAP.

Regards,

Hobble

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Hobble said:

For more than 12hrs this (my home) server has a LOCK symbol next to it and incorrectly shows up on sessions list as unofficial PvP.  Via discord I've seen other Val players who logged off on Val note when they log on there is a password prompt (they ignore and log on) but keep getting intermittently timed out.  Some were able to cryo dinos and leave the server, but noone has been able to transfer TO the server.

Second, wth is going on?  Will someone C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-E to the community what is happening and the status?

Some have speculated Battleye is causing conflicts after the last couple updates and/or some corrupt files.

Please respond ASAP.

Regards,

Hobble

Submit an outage form and the server management team will investigate: http://ark.gg/outage

1 hour ago, Hobble said:

Please respond ASAP.

Regards,

Hobble

Another thing you might do is to change your filter from "favorite" to "my survivors". Once I was on a server and the IP changed and it booted it from my favorites, the new one was a completely different number too though, but worth a check!

Edited by Cowgirl

ty Invic and Cowg.  I submitted a form per Invic link.  When I sort by MY SURVIVORS  the session comes up but show PvP as mode and my character happens atm to be on another map and I cannot transfer to 558--does not appear as option in game.  As I mentioned a few users whose toons were on the map can connect but get a password prompt which they ignored but get timed out soon after log in.  A few players were able to cryo dinos and transfer off map.

Edited by Hobble

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Hobble said:

ty Invic and Cowg.  I submitted a form per Invic link.  When I sort by MY SURVIVORS  the session comes up but show PvP as mode and my character happens atm to be on another map and I cannot transfer to 558--does not appear as option in game.  As I mentioned a few users whose toons were on the map can connect but get a password prompt which they ignored but get timed out soon after log in.  A few players were able to cryo dinos and transfer off map.

Another thing to consider, it might be locked for an investigation, as per the latest community crunch:

4 hours ago, Cedric said:

In an effort to ensure a stable and rewarding experience for survivors on the Official Network, we will be taking a more active approach in ongoing enforcement; including but not limited to wiping or banning tribes who are in violation of the Code of Conduct.  In addition to acting on cases that are reported through the ticketing system, we will begin to take action based on metrics from game data and implemented logging systems.

Going forward, we will regularly review data from implemented logging systems and third parties to initiate large scale enforcement initiatives.  During times of large-scale enforcement initiatives, some servers will be inaccessible until enforcement completes.

But yeah, filling that form is the official channel to report server issues and ensure it goes straight to the right persons. They should hopefully resolve the problem soon! :)

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I will pretend you don't already know where to report server issues and link it to you: http://ark.gg/outage

As IF that was useful at all or hadn't already been done by over 40 active players from 558 already since 4am yesterday.  Unlike most communities, our 558 community is in fact in communication with one another, and do have a solid community focus.  Our discord has been set up since the beginning of Val.  Getting tired of canned responses that we all know aren't going to help or expedite the painful process of poor customer service which Wildcard is becoming infamous for.

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ongoing Server Instability & Crashes
  • bootstraptv changed the title to 899 gen two down 13+ hours
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic