Increase food consumption for dinos left on the obelisk teleporter pad

Choppaz

Suggestion

Increase food consumption for dinos left on the obelisk teleporter pad

This is mostly for PvE, but I'm sure it could be useful in PvP as well.

If people leave Dinos on the teleporter pad at any of the obelisk, the dinos should take increased food consumption. Similar to how structures placed in caves take increased damage.

In PvE, if someone is offline and left a dino in the middle of the ob, their is NOTHING you can do about it. It can't be whipped, pushed, or anything. Sometimes the dinos feet will be right over the terminal, blocking you from accessing it. Sometimes people leave a giant dino in the middle, so you can't fit all your rexes on the pad for the boss fight. And it general, it's just straight up annoying. We need something to prevent people from doing this. The solution is increased food consumption, so dinos die faster if left there.

Downsides of this? Setting up rexes for boss fights would be slightly more annoying due to the increased food consumption. But hey, it's getting people in and out of that ob as fast as possible, which is the whole point here.

8 replies to this server topic

Easier for the obelisk area to have a kill timer. With an ini settings to enable/disable and adjust interval.

For example, a 12 hour timer. 

On 4/16/2020 at 9:43 AM, Choppaz said:

In PvE, if someone is offline and left a dino in the middle of the ob, their is NOTHING you can do about it.

Just fire up a boss battle.

53 minutes ago, Shayaan21 said:

Yeah I have been having this same issue with my obelisks in my world. The alpha tribe keeps camping Gigas on Aggresive Right on the Obelisk So i keep dying every time I try to do a boss fight. I dont want to kill the gigas. Because then the alpha tribe will decimate my base and my tribe and my dinos. 

PvP is it's own thing really. This suggestion (fast auto decay or quickly starve) is mostly for PvE. Both honestly it wouldn't hurt for both modes.

Archived