Updates

Xenithar

10 minutes ago, Ultradmb said:

That may be true but why do the updates mess with my settings in the first place?

Some people only want to play and having fun for some hours and don't want to back up their files every time they close the game.

In this case we had two updates close together.

It's easy to blame things like this on the player but this is WC fault in my opinion, because this game is a buggy mess and WC should wake up and start fixing the game.

There is no other game in my Steam library which needs constant backups for my single player game.

Updates that effect the certain files will reset the settings, its been happening since the beginning

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Updates

Another bug I just remembered. If you are dragging a fish to feed a stupid otter and release it when not underwater, it will float into the air many feet above you and be useless. What the heck?

On 4/16/2020 at 10:11 AM, Aylana314159 said:

Updates that effect the certain files will reset the settings, its been happening since the beginning

Not the case. Explain this for me. If what you say is true, why does my original configuration still work? Again, if you back up your config, do an update, start Ark and let it wipe the config, exit Ark, restore the config you backed up prior to the patch, and start Ark again, everything is fine. So what you say is VERY wrong. If what you say is correct, then my old config would cause massive problems. It does not.

To prove this, I extracted my GameUserSettings.ini from a 2017 backup. I copied over my current one. I started Ark. Everything is fine. So your statement is false.

@OP

I see a possibly self made problem with your points 2 and 3.

Thinking that you can copy older ini files onto a newer version is not that unproblematic like you think. It has a reason why settings are reseted. Do you always verify all lines of all your backed up ini files with the new ones to make sure any new implemented line is also in your files? I think not.

If you mix old ini files with new versions you create a totaly unsupported version with side effects only you experience ... what brings me to your point 3. Maybe you are right but maybe the "ruined" Island map is a result of your old ini files. To make sure it's not from your file tinkering you have to reset all settings and then see how it looks like.

Archived