How do you find Microbe swarms to tame turtles?

STUL

They are found deep down so gotta dive a bit to see them, then lure them up to the turtle you want to tame.

You can trap the turtle, but beware that fishs will still spawn and attack the swarm during the taming process so gotta kill those.
The trap may protect against the megalodons n such that would attack the turtle itself.

17 hours ago, Gelantious said:

They are found deep down so gotta dive a bit to see them, then lure them up to the turtle you want to tame.

You can trap the turtle, but beware that fishs will still spawn and attack the swarm during the taming process so gotta kill those.
The trap may protect against the megalodons n such that would attack the turtle itself.

thank you for that i will get to it :) guess 4 behe gates will work close to surface or will it swim out the top or fish go in for it

2 hours ago, STUL said:

thank you for that i will get to it :) guess 4 behe gates will work close to surface or will it swim out the top or fish go in for it

most the turtle traps on our server were placed deep in the ocean, they'd lure them in, they were also made with 5 gates instead of 4, donno if you need all 5, just the ways they have done them on ours, a few put doors on the niner ones and left those doors open, to protect it while its taming maybe?  they were spaced almost a gates width between.

I'd say just look at ones people have built on your server first, get some ideas from them.  I'm sure they are using the traps for mosa as well, could probably even trap a tuso in one (donno if they damage stone)

On 4/17/2020 at 3:40 AM, caleb68 said:

most the turtle traps on our server were placed deep in the ocean, they'd lure them in, they were also made with 5 gates instead of 4, donno if you need all 5, just the ways they have done them on ours, a few put doors on the niner ones and left those doors open, to protect it while its taming maybe?  they were spaced almost a gates width between.

I'd say just look at ones people have built on your server first, get some ideas from them.  I'm sure they are using the traps for mosa as well, could probably even trap a tuso in one (donno if they damage stone)

that sounds cool and i would like to see those for sure, so they dont swim out the top then ! dont suppose i could trouble u for a screen shot or in pm maybe or i suppose i could me a quick char and swim on by :)

On 4/17/2020 at 12:40 PM, caleb68 said:

those are mosa traps, fairly useless for turtle. Tame is also fairly bugged as the salmon spawn inside the turtle attacking swarm where you cannot kill it and either kills swarm or instantly kills turtle, it is why noone has event tames.

1 hour ago, Azmeaiel said:

those are mosa traps, fairly useless for turtle. Tame is also fairly bugged as the salmon spawn inside the turtle attacking swarm where you cannot kill it and either kills swarm or instantly kills turtle, it is why noone has event tames.

hrm... one of my friends just tamed a turtle... guess its not totally bugged..

i guess some use their mosa traps for the turtles then... had seen turtle in the traps before.  Seemed fairly smart to me, being the microbe swarms wouldn't follow people to the surface after a couple patches so they couldn't pull the microbes to the turtles, they had to pull the turtle down where they could tame them. in fact, here's one of the traps from a previous thread talking about them:
2F3C9288D9DD1CCAFFA003DDEE2E2CCCCD38CB8F

thread can be found here:

so yeah... maybe your right, some of them are mosa traps but people are using them as turtle traps as well.

2 hours ago, caleb68 said:

hrm... one of my friends just tamed a turtle... guess its not totally bugged..

i guess some use their mosa traps for the turtles then... had seen turtle in the traps before.  Seemed fairly smart to me, being the microbe swarms wouldn't follow people to the surface after a couple patches so they couldn't pull the microbes to the turtles, they had to pull the turtle down where they could tame them. in fact, here's one of the traps from a previous thread talking about them:
2F3C9288D9DD1CCAFFA003DDEE2E2CCCCD38CB8F

thread can be found here:

so yeah... maybe your right, some of them are mosa traps but people are using them as turtle traps as well.

on official because these dont stop the bog of salmon spawning inside the turtle, becomming ntargetable and pretty much insta killing either turtle or swarm.

Wouldnt recommend trapping the turtles the fish will kill the swarm & you will hit the turtle with your sword. I have an underwater base nearish to moeder boss fight thing & i see soo many fish schools near there all the time. This would be the best spot to start looking for a swarm imo. Wish i could kill fish schools with a sword as they get very annoying near a base

Archived