Question

Bigchingus7890

A occasionally helpful way of gaining some is to learn spawn locations for beavers and raid their dams if they make them, even on default rates you can get a couple hundred from a single damn. But its not really sustainable or reliable, more like a I'm passing by so let me check and see if any spawned. I suggest snails for their passive ability to produce and store 100 paste in their inventories. Tame up some giant bees to create hives for easy honey to make sweet veggie cakes that is used to both tame snails and feed them. If you cant tame bees you can still harvest honey from the hives, a lot of them are empty hives, just be aware you will take damage if you do not have bug repellent on.

3 hours ago, Tomm1e1 said:
  1. Tame 2 high level frogs, Male and Female, Breed them in a river. Take imprinted frog into caves with lots of bugs like meganeura etc. they harvest cementing paste from bugs.
  2. Tame a megatherium, again kill lots of bugs harvest chitin. Tame a Doed for stone, far better than harvesting by hand

2. sounds easy enough thanks tomm1e1

3 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Question What is everyone fastest way of getting cementing paste on the island mine is caves for chitin and harvesting rock by hand, anyone got anything better 

Well, I had a problem with the beavers completely disappearing from the map....thought about the cave, but didn't have scuba or gas mask, so started working on chitin and rock.
After a few dozen pastes, I knew we was going to have a problem with polymer on the horizon so got to digging on what to do. Seems the megatheriums harvest about 200 chitin per scorpion and the armadillo guys harvest rock, so after cooking up a chem station, proceeded to load that thing up to the brim with nothing but chitin and then started churning out paste as fast as possible. Took me a day solid just running around on carno island to harvest as much as possible from scorpions. Good news is they don't weigh nothing. 
Bad news is that the chem station was clear out to the south side of the island....but I seen something.

If you got a parcer or a bronto, might throw a chem staition on their back, a armadillo dude on as well, and cruise them to carno island.....farm all the rock possible, then start farming chitten…..literally cook it up on the fly. Just avoid the big nasties or park it just off carno island and go back and forth. Either that, or check out the mountains for scorps/bugs

2 minutes ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Sounds kinda expensive lol besides I don’t have a chem bench yet I just hit the level for Rex saddle I think I’ll look again 

Trust me, that chem bench is worth it. yeah it takes 4x the resources, but produces 6x the amount. So you gain a lot in the end!

If worst case scenario, just make a quick base on mainland, and put down 6 pestals and mortors. Trust me, you gonna have a load of chitin.

5 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Question

What is everyone fastest way of getting cementing paste on the island 

mine is caves for chitin and harvesting rock by hand, anyone got anything better 

I know you said the island but transferring to the center/Rag and getting all the dams is easy and tons of paste.

Taming Achatina's is the way I farm paste now. I have 8 snails running, and the  snails produce 1 paste per minute capped at 100 in their inventory slot. It really adds up fast a day as I have racked up over 500k paste looting paste everyday!! You could also loot beaver dams to start out with if you have no snails. I would highly recommend taming snails from Swamps.

On 4/16/2020 at 3:28 AM, muayt said:

Taming Achatina's is the way I farm paste now. I have 8 snails running, and the  snails produce 1 paste per minute capped at 100 in their inventory slot. It really adds up fast a day as I have racked up over 500k paste looting paste everyday!! You could also loot beaver dams to start out with if you have no snails. I would highly recommend taming snails from caves!!

Dont loot them. dont even turn them on wander. They will just burn food. Place them all around a gacha and it will scoop up the paste that they poop. they will make that continually and go through less food that way. You need 10-15 to keep the gacha busy enough that he doesnt eat it and keep the snails in his front fire arc (45* cone in front of it). This way they will just keep making more and more and you never have to worry about that 100 unit cap. 

10 hours ago, UncivilizedBehaviour said:

Dont loot them. dont even turn them on wander. They will just burn food. Place them all around a gacha and it will scoop up the paste that they poop. they will make that continually and go through less food that way. You need 10-15 to keep the gacha busy enough that he doesnt eat it and keep the snails in his front fire arc (45* cone in front of it). This way they will just keep making more and more and you never have to worry about that 100 unit cap. 

Haha never thought about that. You sir are brilliant!!

Archived