Single player - no respawn of nodes

darcek

Single player - no respawn of nodes

Been playing on SP for a bit...

At some point nodes stopped showing..Mainly metal and obsidian,trees and regular rocks.

So I started fiddling with the settings.. 

Changed everything to max..(Harvest amount,nodes health,amount harvest by player and dino,respawn nodes etc etc) but nothing changed...

So I went back to default..still  the same then again rinse and repeat..about to give up on this...

Im playing on the Genesis map.

Of course ive left my harvest area and been around the map, different bioms but whenever I come back to harvesting spots they are still barren and empty.

I also tried to check file integrity in STEAM...

Only thing that comes to mind maybe uninstall and reinstall the game?

Any ideas how to fix this?

I managed to get my node respawn issue sorted by adjusting these host/local advanced rules:

Reducing the 'No resource radius - Players', 'No resource radius - Structures' [These 2 are together in Advanced settings]  AND the 'Structure Prevent Resource Radius Multiplier' [This one is just above 'WORLD SETTINGS'], to 0.25 = everything spawns back fairly close to you, your tames and buildings but not so close that it becomes a massive issue.

Also set the resource respawn period to 0.05.

So far this has solved my resource issue - some resources are quirky and I try to hang about in render distance waiting for them to respawn before leaving, which is a fail safe method.

Hope this helps.

Wow, I didn’t even know this was a thing. I’ve been playing solely SP ark and I just thought it was part of that game. Life would be so much easier if resources would respawn, holy ****. Here I am, trying to be careful not to over-harvest any one particular area... geez I’ve been working too hard!

ill try @FickleZ‘s suggestions too and if I find anything that works I’ll throw it up on here...

On 4/15/2020 at 7:54 AM, darcek said:

(...)

Changed everything to max..(Harvest amount,nodes health,amount harvest by player and dino,respawn nodes etc etc) but nothing changed...

(...)

To max resources will never respawn again. Set "Resources Respawn Period" at 0.01 and fly around or keep the number at 0.1-0.2 so things respawn when you still have the area loaded. And is better to leave the number low, or soon you gonna need to mess with the sliders again.

56 minutes ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

To max resources will never respawn again. Set "Resources Respawn Period" at 0.01 and fly around or keep the number at 0.1-0.2 so things respawn when you still have the area loaded. And is better to leave the number low, or soon you gonna need to mess with the sliders again.

Did what you said,except the fly part.

This is Genesis..we cant fly around..not if your playing regular Vanilla settings like me.

Anyway it didn't work.

Im trying to Uninstall then reinstalling this huge ass game.Not having much confidence that will fix anything but at least ill know I tried!

P.S. Thankfully I found an easy to access still existing crop of metal and obsidian rocks,so kept the wait re spawn before leaving area rule so If this dosent work at least I have that area to keep the play viable ?‍♂️

I think the old timers do not refresh when you turn the configs down. You need to keep the game running until the respawn kicks in - then the new resources will respawn in the new settings.

When this first happen with me back in the island took 4 or 5 sessions before i could actually see any metal. Don't need to reinstall the game, is how it works in SP (by not working). Leave the config at 0.01 and wait. After you see stuff respawning you can change to 0.1-0.2 (is what i leave mine at, meaning resources respawn shortly after you gather them when the area is still loaded).

3 minutes ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

Leave the config at 0.01 and wait. After you see stuff respawning you can change to 0.1-0.2 (is what i leave mine at, meaning resources respawn shortly after you gather them when the area is still loaded).

I did.Nothing respawned.

Ive Watched some TV siting afk on my mount near the farm area... After like 45 min I checked:

nothing changed.

I guess the answer has already been given but it is scattered in different comments.

This issue has been there for many many years, and devs never fixed it.

When it happens: if you harvest any harvestable node, and leave the game before the respawn period set in settings is over, those nodes will never spawn back (no matter if you change that respawn period setting to 0.001 afterwards).

How to Fix it: there are two types of working fixes I found:

The preventive fix is adjusting respawn period to 0.001 or something very low, to make sure nodes have respawn before you leave the game.

In the case some nodes are already gone, just start your SP game in a NON-DEDICATED SESSION. That will force all nodes to respawn.

I hope it helps you!

5 minutes ago, FAFA said:

Just start your SP game in a NON-DEDICATED SESSION. That will force all nodes to respawn.

I hope it helps you!

Not sure what that means...

Im reinstalling the game as we speak..

When it comes back up Ill check to see if SP has any "non-dedicated" option..thou im not sure I recall such a thing..

3 minutes ago, darcek said:

Not sure what that means...

Im reinstalling the game as we speak..

When it comes back up Ill check to see if SP has any "non-dedicated" option..thou im not sure I recall such a thing..

Forget about reinstalling. It is a bug in the core of the game. It wont fix it and it is not a functional solution.

Non dedicated session is the same as your usual SP play. In the Single player Menu, you have the option to run locally or to run in a non dedicated server. You just have to play in non-dedi a few minutes, just visit the missing nodes and make sure they respawned, then you can switch to normal SP session.

If you have any trouble finding it let me know.

1 hour ago, FAFA said:

How to Fix it: there are two types of working fixes I found:

The preventive fix is adjusting respawn period to 0.001 or something very low, to make sure nodes have respawn before you leave the game.

In the case some nodes are already gone, just start your SP game in a NON-DEDICATED SESSION. That will force all nodes to respawn.

I hope it helps you!

Nope,didn't help unfortunately.

The areas gone remain as is barren.

did the dedicated server one for like 15 min,then tried to do a dedicated server..that just crushed the game..

Checked on the non dedicated also the admin console..cool feature I never saw..like your in the GOD seat..it showed also all the stats and respawn was indeed set to 0.001..

Back to non-dedicated,teleported to another biom,in the Snow..The zone there on non dedicated remained barren,so went back to the bog,sat like 15 min there waiting for something to change then finally gave up..

So thanks for the idea but no joy.

Also uninstalling the game and reinstalling didn't help... ?‍♂️

How much is "a bit"? If you don't have much or don't care you can just upload your character/dinos/stuff and delete the genesis SP data (only, careful because there is an option to delete them all and you don't want that) - everything will be back to "normal" when you restart the map with the configs ready. There is ways to backup structures too - with mods like StructureSaver2.

And as i said before ----> took 4-5 sessions before i saw any respawns (like 5-7 hours - not 15 mins). All the timers are designed to servers, meaning "log in the next day on my server" translates to 24h of actual gameplay in SP. Maybe they will eventually respawn... maybe not.

Oh, and careful with the "verify integrity of game files" - it deletes your configs, and this can mess up worlds pretty bad (mostly if you play with mods). Have backups, always.

Archived