HELP PLEASE

Actually the command-line switches are still in the executable. Disassemble it and see. So again, if the commands are there, what is going on?

Also, they did not remove things to "save space" on a game which is over 200GB. That's like throwing a box of tissue paper out of your pickup to "save weight". They removed the creatures claiming that the event creatures and candies were consuming massive resources. The thing is, before and after we noticed a 1% difference in CPU usage. My guess is that running Ark on the official servers using a damn Pentium 2 is likely the cause, and removing a dino is a band-aid. Upgrading to a modern Xeon or Threadripper would probably have fixed their issue.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Xenithar said:

Actually the command-line switches are still in the executable. Disassemble it and see. So again, if the commands are there, what is going on?

Also, they did not remove things to "save space" on a game which is over 200GB. That's like throwing a box of tissue paper out of your pickup to "save weight". They removed the creatures claiming that the event creatures and candies were consuming massive resources. The thing is, before and after we noticed a 1% difference in CPU usage. My guess is that running Ark on the official servers using a damn Pentium 2 is likely the cause, and removing a dino is a band-aid. Upgrading to a modern Xeon or Threadripper would probably have fixed their issue.

I believe the issue was more client-side memory (especially for console players) where they had to pre-load all the assets in case they join a server that enable any of the event, or an admin spawn them in, etc.

Archived