how to correctly tame astrocetus?

Giorgino87

how to correctly tame astrocetus?

We tames like 4 lv 135+ astrocetus, but resulting tames were between lv 144 and 168... we used hover skiff and cannons to take them down...We think probably cannos caused splash damage, reducing a lot taming efficiency, as we used kibbles so it has to be that... so is there a way to avoid splash damage?

From what I’ve discovered, even the catapult which does no splash damage.. still makes the astrocetus end up super low in taming effectiveness, there could be something else to this, could the taming effectiveness be affected from the very start of that whales life span, or could there be some sorta special mechanic needed. Those green pulses seem really strange as it doesn’t hurt wild Dino’s, but I’ve noticed the astrocetus seem to do a lot of the breathing there while on it..

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, raro said:

I did catapult and ended crap lvl also, so it's not splash damage. 

Kible isn't the right food so ppl need to test other.. 

This is what I've been thinking too. Considering how all the new genesis dinos have unique food requirements. I wonder if ambergris would work given its used as fuel to produce ammo for the saddle.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:01 PM, WhoopyDooBasil said:

This is what I've been thinking too. Considering how all the new genesis dinos have unique food requirements. I wonder if ambergris would work given its used as fuel to produce ammo for the saddle.

I've had this thought to but has not had the time to test it yet. If anyone tests it, please put the result here for others to see. ?

2 hours ago, Allanballan said:

I've had this thought to but has not had the time to test it yet. If anyone tests it, please put the result here for others to see. ?

I tested it in a sp world on xbox, couldn't get a decent angle, but ko'd it with one shot (450 damage) and some splash damage, this was horizontaly in the face.

So since it just laid there i shot from a different angle that dealt NO splash damage. Ill try to post the pic when i get home.

Ps. I dont know if the hitbox changes if its ko'd so it gave the no splash damage result.

http://imgur.com/a/CeUAJks

Its seems hitting the tip of the nose does no splash damage with cannonball. But how to get such an accurate shot on a mobile astro would require some skill. 

Archived