skins craftable dino skins using dermis

lincolnloud

Suggestion

craftable dino skins using dermis

I was thinking of making craftable skins for dinos using a dermis of the same species, it would be crafted in a taxedermy stand, and would be applied to a seperate costume slot from the current one, after getting a dermis, you would craft it with some other reasonably difficult to achieve item, or even a lot of hide, it would serve the purpose of making it less troublesome getting cool event colors, especially on non-breedable dinos, like if you find a low level wyvern with amazing colors, and a high level with normal colors, you could craft the skin and apply it to the high level, allowing a nice alternative to having to paint the entire dino to get colors you like

3 replies to this server topic

It seems like a neat idea. I am all for creatures getting a few skin/costume items and this seems like a step in that direction. 

I would prefer the ability to change settings for certain creatures to breed, or to simply have a larger variety of creatures - however simply adding skins/costumes is more likely a far quicker fix that may not cause as much arguments between those that do and do not want certain creatures to breed or more to play with. 

I would certainly like to skin some of the wyverns I have seen and put them over the duller ones that we typically find. It would be a nice way to have a variety of colors and not need a ton of creatures to make it happen. 

1 minute ago, SapphireSam7 said:

It seems like a neat idea. I am all for creatures getting a few skin/costume items and this seems like a step in that direction. 

I would prefer the ability to change settings for certain creatures to breed, or to simply have a larger variety of creatures - however simply adding skins/costumes is more likely a far quicker fix that may not cause as much arguments between those that do and do not want certain creatures to breed or more to play with. 

I would certainly like to skin some of the wyverns I have seen and put them over the duller ones that we typically find. It would be a nice way to have a variety of colors and not need a ton of creatures to make it happen. 

i like that idea, having that kind of setting would be awesome, and would allow for  better alternative to raiding the trench, i would imagine baby wyverns would still need milk from adults, so it wouldn't be overpowered as long as breeding times wre reasonably long, but it's always the dinos that look best with different colors that are not breedable

9 minutes ago, lincolnloud said:

i like that idea, having that kind of setting would be awesome, and would allow for  better alternative to raiding the trench, i would imagine baby wyverns would still need milk from adults, so it wouldn't be overpowered as long as breeding times wre reasonably long, but it's always the dinos that look best with different colors that are not breedable

The discussion around allow current non-breedable creatures the ability to do so is a discussion that has been going on forever. Many are for it and many are against it. Honestly, I would love to see a poll take just to see where people stand on the idea. 

The pros and cons both make sense though, and personally I am a "pro" voter so long as it is restricted to be an unofficial setting. I can understand why there may be issues with certain creatures breeding on official and don't wish to push my thoughts into the way that they play. However unofficially, I do not see why we cannot. 

On the subject at hand however, there are some awesome looking creatures out there right now, and currently the only way to get a piece of it is to use a temporary candy or tame yet another creature. Which is good for some, but as one who tries to minimize lag, taming a pretty creature simply means that I will be creating another lag point in my base in order to have it out in order to see it. Whereas the skin scenario you suggest would allow for me to switch out the colors as long as I put in the effort to hunt the creature in the first place. It would decrease the amount of lag as instead of keeping creatures out all the time to see the colors, you could just switch them out as you feel the need. 

Archived