Adding some settings

Dinobros2000

Suggestion

Adding some settings

Hello, I have a few settings I would like to be added (In the settings tab not commands)to unofficial and dedicated...,

1: a option to save settings so if you like to play on one server with elevated rates and another with base, and not want to change every setting every time

2: setting to turn on flier movement upgrade

3: setting to turn permanent pickup ability of structures 

4: setting to change the time till you can’t pick up structures

5: better descriptions

6: an option to turn on super-descriptive descriptions

7: a setting for range animals see you(carnivores[mostly])

8: setting presets for normal, easy, hard

9: advanced settings about spawn rates

10: add the host teather distance to Xbox

11: allow engram price edit, engram level availability, and engrams per level edit in engram tab

12: make lots of .int settings in the checkbox, slider, type, format

please add more if you have better ideas and add your own color.

12 replies to this server topic

Are you referring to settings for Console Unofficial, Single, and Hosted Dedicated? Or are you referring to Unofficial in general including Unofficial Crossplay and/or PC? 

If you are referring to simply have some additional customization options throughout, you may want to check out the feed below;

Personally, the other suggestion aside, I am all for additional customization options for all server/player types.

As for32 & 4, using the game.ini codes, those can be adjusted. Which leads me to assume you are not referencing hosted server set up, but I wasn't sure so I thought I would ask. 

1 hour ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Having used all three; the game.ini files, the command lines in game, and the game settings, I understand what you are saying. 

Personally I feel the game settings, which are used to set up a hosted game session and single player, should have a few more options. I can't see the feasibly in having all the setting options that the game.ini files have, but their are a few that they could easily have added. The stacking for one is something that could be set using a slider. It would most likely effect only building items and resources, just as the stacking does when set via the game.ini which would not effect the stacking of weaponry, tools, armor, crafting stations, etc. 

The pick up timer is another. A check box for off or on and a slider for how long with the max being that there is not timer and things could be picked up at any time. 

Options such as adjusting drops, maps spawns, and such, would not be a easy to incorporate without the code lines and as such would be best as a file that could be uploaded or would remain as something unique to maps that are hosted. 

If they could be set up to host the game.ini files which is what you have access to when you host a server, you may end up with settings similar to what server hosted maps have, but until that point I do believe there may be some limitations as explained above. 

Agreed, also agreed that we are not going to talk about 2 much..

On 4/13/2020 at 3:16 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

Agreed, also agreed that we are not going to talk about 2 much

i didn’t think much about stack size but yes that too! The thing about that is you need a whole list of things each with slider that’s why I said add the engram things(engram levels cost and level availability) to the already exist ant list.

also can someone clarify how to use .ini files and a list of them all, thanks!

I run several maps on a PC/Xbox crossplay cluster through Nitrado. 

And when I started, once upon a time, I simply used the following site to help work out the game.ini files: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

However, I have since begun using the Beacon App to make the adjustments it will allow be to do so. Some aren't available through the Beacon App, but at least with the paid version (which really isn't too high a cost) I am able to edit many of the aspects that would require multiple lines of the code rather easily

I just don't have beacon add them, I copy and paste them into the expert settings where they need to go. 

1 hour ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Having used all three; the game.ini files, the command lines in game, and the game settings, I understand what you are saying. 

Personally I feel the game settings, which are used to set up a hosted game session and single player, should have a few more options. I can't see the feasibly in having all the setting options that the game.ini files have, but their are a few that they could easily have added. The stacking for one is something that could be set using a slider. It would most likely effect only building items and resources, just as the stacking does when set via the game.ini which would not effect the stacking of weaponry, tools, armor, crafting stations, etc. 

The pick up timer is another. A check box for off or on and a slider for how long with the max being that there is not timer and things could be picked up at any time. 

Options such as adjusting drops, maps spawns, and such, would not be a easy to incorporate without the code lines and as such would be best as a file that could be uploaded or would remain as something unique to maps that are hosted. 

If they could be set up to host the game.ini files which is what you have access to when you host a server, you may end up with settings similar to what server hosted maps have, but until that point I do believe there may be some limitations as explained above. 

Agreed, also agreed that we are not going to talk about 2 much

i didn’t think much about stack size but yes that too! The thing about that is you need a whole list of things each with slider that’s why I said add the engram things(engram levels cost and level availability) to the already exist ant list.

also can someone clarify how to use .ini files and a list of them all, thanks!

54 minutes ago, SapphireSam7 said:

Are you referring to settings for Console Unofficial, Single, and Hosted Dedicated? Or are you referring to Unofficial in general including Unofficial Crossplay and/or PC? 

If you are referring to simply have some additional customization options throughout, you may want to check out the feed below;

Personally, the other suggestion aside, I am all for additional customization options for all server/player types.

As for32 & 4, using the game.ini codes, those can be adjusted. Which leads me to assume you are not referencing hosted server set up, but I wasn't sure so I thought I would ask. 

Hello, I have a few settings I would like to be added (In the settings tab not commands)to unofficial and dedicated...,

I was talking about hosted server, such as dedicated non dedicated and single player on PC and Xbox, also add the tether distance for Xbox.

48 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

There are many settings only available in the ini codes, not in the UI for single player. 

Some of these settings could be added to the interface either a checkbox or slider/numeric value. But many settings like altering loot drops and spawns are too complicated for the simple UI that exists currently.

One of the thing I mentioned said in the settings tab not commands! I didn’t talk about loot drops but that point makes sense.

9 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

One of the thing I mentioned said in the settings tab not commands! I didn’t talk about loot drops but that point makes sense.

Commands would be things you type once in game as an admin.

The ini code is in setting text files. There are also server launch parameters, also a text file.

Ini codes and commands are different things.

Whatever that means, just put it in the settings tab with the check boxes and scroll bars!

22 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Commands would be things you type once in game as an admin.

The ini code is in setting text files. There are also server launch parameters, also a text file.

Ini codes and commands are different things.

57 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Whatever that means, just put it in the settings tab with the check boxes and scroll bars!

Archived