My Crystal Isles Wish list. What's yours?

johnm81

My Crystal Isles Wish list. What's yours?

I am very excited for a new big map and Crystal Isles has the potential to be just that. Coming out  soon(TM) this summer:

I have thought of the things I would like to see there regarding resources, spawn, and base locations. As for resources I would like to see a ragnarok-ish distribution of resources. Metal/Obsidian/CP locations near the water line as well as deep inland. For spawn I would like to see them learn from the mistake rag made. Don't give a new map all the new creatures so to render other maps useless. I would like for  them to NOT include the Leeds fish -OR- take away its boat aggro ignore structures feature. CI seems to have a large ocean like rag and the leeds fish ruins it for bobs who live on boats as well as those who want to mess around with ocean platforms. Lastly I would  like them to take a cue from center map and put in base locations good for megas AND  base locations for small tribes. Bases like the bear caves in center that provide a spot too small for alphas but good for small bases with choke points.

That is my wish list from  CI what is yours?

CI Map:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Mod:Crystal_Isles/Explorer_Map

17 minutes ago, Usuallyafk said:

For it to work

This... It would be the first time....

But to be fair, as a PVE player. I hope that all ressources will be harder to obtain and thereby slowing down the progress. Also it would be nice with some difficult caves with loot and artifacts, most caves on other maps has been a joke so far. 

Some ocean / water with a meaning to it, something to hunt or achieve, having the most ressources in the water would maybe be fun for once? To mix it up a bit. 

59 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Optimization. CI as a mod map was very poorly optimized last time I played it.

Unfortunately something as big as CI can't really be optimized.  It is, so far, a beautifully designed map, and the Crystal Wyverns are great little speedy fliers though there is little chance they will make it into the Official Release.  Once CI is built up on and loaded down with dinos and structures, I think it will be a lot worse than Ragnarok on Official with lagspikes because CI is so big...  We'll see I guess.  Not certain the size of CI compared to Rag, but it seems much much bigger.

Wishlist is not to totally gut everything that Isolde has put into it.  There is a lot of content.  I'm thinking the Crystal Wyverns will go away, as well as the CI-Phoenix, most of the Extinction Dinos and OSDs, the absolute 100% entirety of the Eldritch Isle, and they'll probably release the Archelon (which would be good) or something as the real-world Dino, but even with all that gone it is a great map.  I am excited.

Last time I played CI, there was still major work to be done in the eastern section of the map as well as major ravagers overspawning issues. Let's also mention the very poor map optimization, especially as you go further north of the redwoods... There are plenty of poor zone volumes around the volcanic area which caused multiple insta-deaths while flying way above the lava on top of the mountain.

Pretty sure crystal wyverns won't make it or simply won't retain their speed. Griffin won't make it since it's just a reskin of the normal one anyways, same for the phoenix.

18 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

MY WISHLIST IS FOR WILDCARD TO FIX THE BUGS AND STOP POPPING OUT MAPS LIKE MUTATED BUNNIES BREEEDING!!!!!!!!

This map isn't from WC. It's a mod author created map. Like Center, Ragnarok, and Valguero. Its minimum effort on WC part to bring more maps to console players who don't get to experience mods and mod maps.

Also,the team responsible for adding the map as an official map aren't the same team responsible for squashing bugs.

• 7 months later...

2 things to the wishlist

-The Tropeognathus and the Crystal Wyverns (the official ones) to be added to the ARK Dev Kit, so that they can be added to whatever mods that gives flyers the ability to level up their speed attribute...along with the Ice Wyvern.

-That at least 1 of the devs respond to my comment on that one pit I found in the area that is named "The Tropics" on Crystal Isles.

Archived