Genesis...why? ++ON OFFICIAL PVE++

CamCam123

Genesis...why? ++ON OFFICIAL PVE++

So it has been about 2 months of Genesis and well it has had his good ups but downs.

To start on a positive:

Ferox: great new addition. Fun animations. Cute. And interesting mechanic.

Bloodsucker/Spider: best traveling mount. Creepy in a good way. 

Space ?: beautiful design.

Giant ?: water bronto. Big platform.

The X Dinos are a good addition.

Map is solid.

Now the problems:

Feroxes still get stuck EVERYWHERE.

They still have a chance to disappear if you are taming them on uneven floor.

Boss arena still glitchy. Feroxes still pass through the ground and get mesh kill.

Feroxes quietly nerf. Attack is much slower.

Turtle too slow. 

Space ? too slow. (Also meshing machine).

Now for how to solve this issues:

FEROX:

Feroxes climbing mechanic is unnecessary. I would be ok if they didn't have that climbing ability. 

We already have a thyla with the same problems. In fact, being able to take this Ferox and not allow the thyla now has no argument so thylas have to be allowed to bosses now. 

And if the arguemt is the saddle... You can put a 500 armor helmet on a ferox. 

Last but not least, they should bring back the fast attack of the ferox. Right now is useless. Might ass well raise a Rex and its cheaper and much more efficient in any boss. Not even fully addicted makes it stronger than a decent Rex. You might as well take a carno to the boss fight (joke...but kinna true).

SPACE ?

Now for the space whale: for pvp is a nightmare. For pve is USELESS. 

How do you fix that? 

Space whale needs to be faster. Also, take the teleportation feature away and add speed instead. 

I would recommend adding 35% more speed. At least it would be a good way to carry things from one side to the map to the other. Like a better questzal. 

The BIG TURTLE: 

The problem isn't that is slow in land. Is that is extremely slow in the ocean too. They should add 50% speed on the ocean and leave it slow on land.

MAGNASAURS:

Magnasaurs are so far the dino with the least problems so let's keep it like that. 

X DINOS

X Dinos should be able to mate with regular Dinos. 

WHY? well, if you are thinking about game progression you are wasting your time rasing X DINOS as a regular bred Rex now is 30k hp and 1.3k melee.

Instead, X DINOS should be allowed to mate with regular dinos so that if they pass the X Gene (x men reference lol)

the new Rex that you get has the X Gene with the 5% damage increase and 3% damage resistance.

I think this fundamentally will change the game for a better experience.

BOSS arena:

Well, the problems are few but major.

One, feroxes are a hazard. 

2, rexes are still the boss killer. 

It should be the other way around. 

How do you solve this problem?

Make Feroxes the king of the boss arena by giving a 20% increase damage on bosses when fully addicted (Ability only active on boss arenas). In other words, let the ferox will be a strategic dino for solo players and the safe mount for tribes.

GENESIS MAP

The main problems I see is the size. There isn't much that can be done with that. 

Main issue with Genesis is well, alpha Missions are hard. Add lag to them and they are annoying, unbearable, and unnecessary. So how do we solve that? Make them easier. Players in ark don't care much about the missions. In fact at least on the servers that I have been on on official most people suffer them...they don't enjoy them. 

They need to understand that MORE GRIND AND SUFFERING doesn't mean MORE FUN. 

If they want to keep people playing they need to start thinking about enjoyment for players in the little things too. Lag is a big issue therefore the balance has to be added to that. 

Maybe Bosses should be thought out in term of HP and Melee again. And balance them out so that there is a way for good players to beat them solo. I think it is unnecessary that ark forces people to be in big tribes for things such as OVERSSER, ISLAND DRAGON, ROCKWELL, OR GOZILLA on extinction. 

Also, worth saying that I wish ark added more things for decoration on pve. As a builder I believe ark is lacking bad on that. There are so much things they are holding back is crazy. Just with the S plus they gave us a degraded version of what can it be - And it shows. 

What are your thoughts?

14 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Crack kills. 

interesting suggesting that i do crack from a moderator. However, sorry. 2 months. Feels like 4 and just for saying I do crack maybe i should put this on tweeter so that we get a better moderator. Yes i am wrong. It feels like 4. 

So right now let me tell you the state of my server:

This crack head has currently his server down. Server pve official pc 602 genesis. The server has turned unofficial even though its an official server. 

This crack head has constantly lost his dinos thanks to server crashes on boss, ferox glitching in boss (even though they say is fixed).

Maybe this Crack head is tired of losing his stuff because people like you ignore and don't report the problems WE players are dealing with.

This crack head says to you thank you sir for suggesting i am a drug addict which i am not.

Just a tired player from the bad quality from official servers. May you have a great day! 

On 4/12/2020 at 5:26 PM, CamCam123 said:

(...)

Magnasaurs are so far the dino with the least problems so let's keep it like that. 

(...)

Being useless is not an achievement - and "dino with the least problems" is not a good status either in Genesis.

Magmas are a glorified doed with no weight reduction on stone that can harvest metal. The increments in melee are ridiculous low, meaning they can't attack properly unless you have metal ingots in the inventory. Food/forge has all kinds of inconsistencies and bugs - making you avoid it (they could simple copy/paste the phoenix code...). You cannot attack anything properly because first the range is ridiculous low, and second his meshes/hitbox are 10x worst than tuso - they go for the belly where you cannot reach them, and stuck you on place, meaning you cannot do s*.

They made an ability attached to a dino, not the opposite. They need to nerf the balls. Put a tail swing. Increase the range. You know, finish the dino, and not make only the balls and call it a day.

And you wont be swimming in lava anywhere but inside the volcano - and they are not good tames inside the damn volcano either. They can't harvest element shards and actually can destroy the nodes with the only attack you will be using (decreasing exponentially his usability). They can't deal with golems fast enough. In fact most of the Magma usability is attached to the broken Ambergris healing mechanic - that needs to be gone for good too (if you have a good dino you don't need a cheat mechanics to elevate a dino usability).

Yeah, "this is fine"...

3 hours ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

Being useless is not an achievement - and "dino with the least problems" is not a good status either in Genesis.

Magmas are a glorified doed with no weight reduction on stone that can harvest metal. The increments in melee are ridiculous low, meaning they can't attack properly unless you have metal ingots in the inventory. Food/forge has all kinds of inconsistencies and bugs - making you avoid it (they could simple copy/paste the phoenix code...). You cannot attack anything properly because first the range is ridiculous low, and second his meshes/hitbox are 10x worst than tuso - they go for the belly where you cannot reach them, and stuck you on place, meaning you cannot do s*.

They made an ability attached to a dino, not the opposite. They need to nerf the balls. Put a tail swing. Increase the range. You know, finish the dino, and not make only the balls and call it a day.

And you wont be swimming in lava anywhere but inside the volcano - and they are not good tames inside the damn volcano either. They can't harvest element shards and actually can destroy the nodes with the only attack you will be using (decreasing exponentially his usability). They can't deal with golems fast enough. In fact most of the Magma usability is attached to the broken Ambergris healing mechanic - that needs to be gone for good too (if you have a good dino you don't need a cheat mechanics to elevate a dino usability).

Yeah, "this is fine"...

Well, they have a powerful fire ball attack. So making the normal attack stronger might be a problem(specially in pvp). But i do understand were you are coming from in terms of gathering inefficiencies.

I agree it needs to have reduction in stone and perhaps ever more of a reduction to metal if its not going to gather the element. 

Or allow it to farm shards.

But that is not a terrible problem.

To me a bigger problem would be taming a dino that has no real use and make the saddle only available after the glitchiest boss arena ever.

Also, the Magma's hit box...i havent had trouble with that. But if you are saying that is a problem might be worth checking!

9 minutes ago, CamCam123 said:

Well, they have a powerful fire ball attack. So making the normal attack stronger might be a problem(specially in pvp). But i do understand were you are coming from in terms of gathering inefficiencies.

I agree it needs to have reduction in stone and perhaps ever more of a reduction to metal if its not going to gather the element. 

Or allow it to farm shards.

But that is not a terrible problem.

To me a bigger problem would be taming a dino that has no real use and make the saddle only available after the glitchiest boss arena ever.

Also, the Magma's hit box...i havent had trouble with that. But if you are saying that is a problem might be worth checking!

Well, the tread is about PvE (and i don't believe nobody will use them in PvP either - to big, awkward and shiny at night, C4 is much more effective and portable). The melee just needs to scale better with the basic attacks and not as crazy as it is with his balls (that needs a little shaving so we can see a dino behind them). I don't like overdependent designs - its dumb, and makes the dino useless in a larger context. And they focus way to much on Magmas: they are basically a catapult for PvP and nothing else, hence the weight reduction for ingots and not stone. Little PvE comparison: he is a Phoenix that need ingots to shoot, that consume food for smelting, that can't harvest crystal, do not s* free pearls and cannot fly...

And go for a (p.ex.) heist quest to test his hitbox - like the alpha trike. Raptors, scorpions, spiders and everything small in big numbers (like inside the volcano) can stuck you pretty bad (and you can't hit nothing that goes for the tail or belly). Also he cannot swipe small patches of trees (you need to harvest them one by one to clean the path - and sometimes in the volcano you have hundreds of them in such small areas... makes impossible to cross any forested areas too because of how large he is). You can unstuck yourself by shooting aiming down, but my whole point is that there is no dino behind the balls - remember that (remove the ingots and ambergris of his inventory and then test it).

And yeah, the whales are a very, VERY expensive decoration...

Archived