Event Dino Candy

D3m0nicSh4d0w

Suggestion

Event Dino Candy

I’m just throwing this out there. I think that since the Dino color changing candy (during events, that only last twenty-four hours) should give you baby color mutations for those twenty-four hours; however, the baby would be able to keep the color mutations for its life span. I feel that the game would be more fun this way and it would give the candies more of a purpose.

1 reply to this server topic

When they first came out with the candies we had so many people on the server I was on trying to breed creatures to get them to stick... It was a sad day for many when they did not. 

And while I think it would be fun, there is a downside. 

Currently you get the "fun" colors through mutation breeding and color event taming. It takes time, work, and effort to get the colors you want. 

If you were to simply use the candies however, it would simply be a matter of force-feeding a creature a treat and then popping out a baby of that color.... It takes a little away from the effort use before... And as someone who has done both the taming and breeding to get the colors I was looking for in the past, having someone feed a candy to make it happen would be rather frustrating. 

That does not mean I do not agree however, just that there should be a cost. Some suggestions include;

• If the candy is used to birth/hatch a baby of the candies color the color disappears from the adult, effectively limiting the hatching/birthing of the colored infant to a single birth
  • The color is stable for a single generation. Meaning it will not show again if infant infused with the candy is bred again, instead it goes back to the normal coloring provided during the mating of the two original parents.
  • Color and Stat mutations would be blocked so that a color infused infant would not receive either. 

It would still extend the life the candy, but would not take away from the previous process as much. 

Another option would be to simply add it is a unofficial setting where candies could be set to remain "permanent" minus the speed boost. 

It probably isn't the response you are looking for, but it is what I would imagine would work best.

Archived