Breeding Mutation Help Please

ChainR

Breeding Mutation Help Please

So lets say I have two dinos one male, one female and they have the EXACT same stats and levels (grown together from baby from same parents). If I were to breed them, we will say infinite times, is there any chance that their babies can ever mutate into higher stats than what the parents currently have?

Also, another scenario, if I were to take these same two parents again, same stats same levels, and level one up and increase the melee for example. Is there any chance that the babies will get any the higher melee damage, or will it always default to what the parents were naturally born with?

Thank you!

First is YES. 1 mutation = 2 levels in a random stat. That's the way you recognize first if the babies have mutations - they are 2 levels "higher" (in ONE stat) than the parents. If both have equal stats (not just the same level), the mutated babies will be exactly 2 levels higher.

You did the right steps isolating the stats, but putting this two to mate will be slow AF. You pick this couple and make at least another 3 females (all will have the same stats also and 0/0 mutations). Put the male with the four females at once. You can add even more females to accelerate even more the process. That's why is easier to just keep mutated males - females slow down the whole stacking process.

In order to stack mutations you need to do some research and testing - mess around with breeding and start to understand more in depth how it works (you can use something small that develops faster, like a lystrosaurus to learn). Keep in mind that mutations are a relative rare events (about 1/20 eggs)  - but you can stack them "forever" if doing right (and doing only one stat per line). Lots, LOTS of AFK time... like me right now...

Second is NO. Only base stats are inheritable.

Thank you so much for the information.

So this leaves me with one last question, if the babies being born have 40/20 mutation on the Matrilineal side and 10/20 on the Patrilineal  side, do I need to breed them with something else to get them back near 0/20, and what would that be, a fresh wild tame? Or can I keep breeding with the same chances of getting a mutation in their current state?

Kwikwilyaqa hit the nail on the head. Every time you breed in ARK the stats are based off the base stats that they're born with, imprinting doesn't affect the stats either so if you got 100% imprint on a dino the boosted stats from the imprint also will not benefit the new baby. If you want to start breeding for mutations make sure you keep track of the base stats of all your dinos that you're breeding so you can keep track with if you have raised stats or not either don't level the parents at all or make folders in the dinos inventory so you can keep track. Once you have a mutation on one side every baby the mutated dino has will also have the same mutations.

5 hours ago, ChainR said:

(...)So this leaves me with one last question, if the babies being born have 40/20 mutation on the Matrilineal side and 10/20 on the Patrilineal  side, do I need to breed them with something else to get them back near 0/20, and what would that be, a fresh wild tame? Or can I keep breeding with the same chances of getting a mutation in their current state?

You can "clean" one side (by breeding with a 0/0 one, no matter the origin), but if you are "stacking" mutations you can never have "dirty" babies (you are just over-complicating by cross breeding mutated dinos, adding extra-steps to an already long process and messing up the mutation counter). You need to always breed the mutated one with the 0/0 parents - this way you always have the mutations on one side, allowing mutations to happen over the 20 cap. And you don't keep nothing but a single stat PER LINEAGE (unless you are playing with mods like "BestEggs").

Example: You make a HP lineage and stack 21 mutations (all HP). Than you make a melee one and have 19 mutations (all melee). After stacking this mutations you cross breed this two in order to have a baby with both stats. If you keep both HP and DMG in the same lineage chances are the mutated babies will not have one of the higher stats - you are literally decreasing the chances to improve you dinos (and wasting time in the process). 

That's why your "breeders" need to be 0/0 (in both sides). Stacking mutations on lineages that all parents have mutations you just add to the mutation number per generation without any benefits.  That's why all the babies of your dino will be 0/50, and not 0/20. And no, this dino can't have more mutated babies - you hit the "cap", that exists, but don't LOL (don't worry because the "clean" babies can still have mutations, just this one that cannot).

Archived