Thanks, i hate it.

Kwikwilyaqa

Thanks, i hate it.

3lGy6Tx.jpg

Seriously? Some random idio... "guy" press E instead of O and you guys make a kidsproof prompt like this? You know how annoying this makes to get rid of hundreds of eggs (that you cannot or do not want to make kibble of it)? I guess i'm just gonna trow them in the ground for now on, right?

This can be a QoL for a few selected people for sure, but is a nightmare in general breeding where you have hundreds of unwanted eggs sometimes. Like me right now mutating Kentros - i have 130 leftover eggs after i got my last mutation and i have no way to get rid of them without losing my patience with this disgraceful interface. And no, you can't hit E or Enter to "Accept", you can hit ESC to cancel but kinda bugs out the interface (you need to click somewhere to be able to eat another), and YES, you need to keep moving your cursor left and right to eat one by one (and you can't hold E anymore to eat an entire inventory in a sec!!!)... i'm so annoyed right now...

Make changes and add QoL stuff every week for sure, but also add config settings.

29 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Yeah, I'm afraid even more people will throw it on the ground now when hunting for wyvern/drake eggs. For breeders it would be easier to allow leftover eggs to hatch at once and choke the server.

I was joking - since i play mostly SP, i will only hurt my experience this way (i'll probably just make an incinerator to "fix" this issue for me, since i'm not insane enough to play this game without S+).

But what you say is true (hatch and kill is the "fastest" way to dispose of eggs if they don't change this). I sometimes have 100-200 leftovers and i'm a "casual" breeder.. I can only imagine what the real hardcore breeders in officials call "leftovers"... they probably can crash all the ark servers for life just disposing eggs... and they really didn't add a way around it, they really want to cause more mayhem in their servers making choices like this... a single "on/off" in the options... that's all...

1 hour ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

Seriously? Some random idio... "guy" press E instead of O and you guys make a kidsproof prompt like this? You know how annoying this makes to get rid of hundreds of eggs (that you cannot or do not want to make kibble of it)? I guess i'm just gonna trow them in the ground for now on, right?

This can be a QoL for a few selected people for sure, but is a nightmare in general breeding where you have hundreds of unwanted eggs sometimes. Like me right now mutating Kentros - i have 130 leftover eggs after i got my last mutation and i have no way to get rid of them without losing my patience with this disgraceful interface. And no, you can't hit E or Enter to "Accept", you can hit ESC to cancel but kinda bugs out the interface (you need to click somewhere to be able to eat another), and YES, you need to keep moving your cursor left and right to eat one by one (and you can't hold E anymore to eat an entire inventory in a sec!!!)... i'm so annoyed right now...

Make changes and add QoL stuff every week for sure, but also add config settings.

how to get rid of hundreds of eggs in your inventory -> the "Drop All" button, and they are all tucked in a nice neat little bag that doesn't block egg spawns!

36 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

It would be awesome if they just made it an option to toggle on or off like the thing that asks if you are sure you want to transfer or drop all.

this, sounds like a practical solution, lets you use it or not use it.  Personally i don't mind it, i like it, i'd hate to count how many times i've been moving around fast doing things and accidentally ate a egg.

15 minutes ago, TraXz said:

Sometimes, it's like they don't even play their own game

In eight or nine mouths they will increase the rate fertilized eggs spoil to try to deal with all the eggs laying around in their servers without even noticing that they cause the problem with a single "QoL" change in the past...

48 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

how to get rid of hundreds of eggs in your inventory -> the "Drop All" button, and they are all tucked in a nice neat little bag that doesn't block egg spawns!

Never used and never will use this feature in my inventory. I always have stuff, folders and whatever. My character have 900 weight for a reason... LOL

12 minutes ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

Never used and never will use this feature in my inventory. I always have stuff, folders and whatever. My character have 900 weight for a reason... LOL

Search the egg type you want to drop (eg search 'kentro', or 'fertile' if you have cryoed Kents or something) and then drop all from there. It'll only drop the stuff matching the filter and won't touch your folders etc. I have 2000 weight and use it all the time :) Very useful for sorting out critter drop junk.

That said, I would love to be able to turn it on or off like the transfer all confirmation. Like if I need to sort through a large batch of eggs from two different breeding pairs, one of which is now redundant, I want to be able to easily sort out the eggs I don't want.

17 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

Search the egg type you want to drop (eg search 'kentro', or 'fertile' if you have cryoed Kents or something) and then drop all from there. It'll only drop the stuff matching the filter and won't touch your folders etc. I have 2000 weight and use it all the time :) Very useful for sorting out critter drop junk.

That said, I would love to be able to turn it on or off like the transfer all confirmation. Like if I need to sort through a large batch of eggs from two different breeding pairs, one of which is now redundant, I want to be able to easily sort out the eggs I don't want.

Yeah. I'm using the incinerator from S+ (finally a use for it) for now - better than having bags all around the place. And I had some issues in the past with bags "respawning" after decaying (making a bag that when you check the inventory it disappears - very annoying and they keep coming back) for a while, and after that i never "drop all", always singular items so they decay faster (and don't come back).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 11:26 PM, Kwikwilyaqa said:

And no, you can't hit E or Enter to "Accept"

This is a huge annoyance to me in general with their UI. Double clicking and enter to "confirm" doesn't work anywhere and imo it's super unintuitive that they don't.

On 4/12/2020 at 12:12 AM, Cowgirl said:

It would be awesome if they just made it an option to toggle on or off like the thing that asks if you are sure you want to transfer or drop all.

OMG! Is there an option for this?! ? 

11 hours ago, Zahlea said:

OMG! Is there an option for this?! ? 

If you mean the asking about transferring or dropping all, yes, at least for PC.  If I remember right you go to the second options tab (the one with the sword) and in the middle column, first or second check box, it says something about inventory, just test those two, one of them is it, I think it's the first. 

• Volunteer Moderator

I like the feature. A turn on/off feature in the client would also be good.

But the "drop all" solution is pretty good. Yes there will be a bag left there for some time, but it's better than nothing.

Hell why not tame a Titanoboa and feed the eggs to it. I mean then all you need to do is dump them in its inventory.

I mean maybe even a Gacha will eat the eggs if you dump them in its inventory?

I mean just think outside of the box instead of referring to "idiots" hitting the E button by accident.

3 hours ago, GP said:

But the "drop all" solution is pretty good. Yes there will be a bag left there for some time, but it's better than nothing.

Hell why not tame a Titanoboa and feed the eggs to it. I mean then all you need to do is dump them in its inventory.

I mean just think outside of the box instead of referring to "idiots" hitting the E button by accident.

I'm criticizing the lack of configurations, not the idiots (the "idiot" is not a person, is the personification of a problem that didn't need solution). It's supposed to be funny somehow, but humor is subjective (and seems that lots don't get a bit of sarcasm to spice an idea). Compreende?

And hey, I tried Gachas in the past but they didn't touch the eggs - strange because they eat BP's and even emotes and hair (i always have way to many fertilized eggs, so if this was possible i probably would never need to gather stone again). And also, i don't play vanilla - i have ways to delete/dispose anything.

EDIT: and boas can eat fertilized eggs inside their inventory? If so i can probably use this idea instead of the dumb incinerator from S+ (i can blacklist the boas in the trough and GG). Kinda dangerous since it deletes anything inside and you can't turn the thing off "just to be safe". If it can't is a huge NO.

This warning was clearly made for PVE players without any thought given to PVP. When I raid a base, I'm eating a tonne of eggs from their fridges, often in a hurry. This stupid message is a real hindrance and slows down my work and the work of my team significantly. In certain situations it could even get me killed.

If the noobs want it let them have it, but let us warriors have a way to not have it too. Maybe chuck in a PVP switch in the options menu somewhere that does away with stupid stuff that us PVPers don't need or want.

3 hours ago, GP said:

You miss one thing, that with this new feature most new people will drop example wyvern eggs instead eating them and as you know when people drop wyvern eggs trench will be buggy and someone need pickup it via quetzal because when spoiling timer is 0:00 they not disappear untill you not pick it up.

On 4/22/2020 at 3:21 AM, GP said:

wait...gacha eats fert eggs?

I thought they don't take eggs at all

19 hours ago, GP said:

Ah maybe they don't. I know you can move eggs into its inventory, I just thought they eat everything in there. Well Titanoboa will still do the job i think.

This titanoboa idea amused me for like... 20mins. The food bar took ages to drop 0.1. In the end, I needed to level food to see they eating the fertilized egg (SERIOUS, took an hour to drop 2 points on food, i could not wait for 400 to drop for it to eat a single snow owl egg). Provide you don't play in SP (my case), you can destroy between 0 and 1/2 egg a day using a boa. Not good...

Good memory thou - after the kibble rework everybody forgot about them. And damn i didn't recall that they are so loud and annoying - and ugly when you look closely...

Archived