Getting rock drake eggs with karkinos

Theshinydino

2 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

It can be done but they're a bit squishy and are easily pinned down if you get mobbed by a few drakes, personally I'd use an imprinted spino 

The one I would be using currently has 20k hp and 400% melee damage and im still leveling it up, would that be good or do I need to upgrade it more?

Karkinos is a good gimmick. Down there you want Spinos or Megalosaurus. 90% night and mate boosted and everything down there is a joke (add some breeding and imprinting and nothing but stupidity will stop you) - but spinos are still better to reach the area because purlovias are f*ing everywhere (imprinted and with some points in speed megalosaurus are fast enough to pass through the entire area without getting dismounting - but only if you know exactly where you are going).

You can clean up the place first than use your karkinos to move around... but alone with it you will probably lose your mount when you gather the first egg - or not, but the chances are that the swarm will have crab for dinner.

6 hours ago, Theshinydino said:

The one I would be using currently has 20k hp and 400% melee damage and im still leveling it up, would that be good or do I need to upgrade it more?

The problem is the crab can't do enough damage to kill a swarm of drakes and if you get pinned down that's it no matter how much hp it has, it is possible but you've got to haul ass as soon as you get the egg and don't stop jumping, you're vulnerable for that split second when you're powering up a jump, sometimes you get lucky and there's not that many about and other times they'll be all over you as soon as the crab hits the ground

If you've got tribemates or other players who want to get eggs then everyone on spinos is best, preferably imprinted, if you're going solo then imprinted spino plus a few megalosaurus or spinos in cryopods then throw them out just before you reach the nests

9 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

The problem is the crab can't do enough damage to kill a swarm of drakes and if you get pinned down that's it no matter how much hp it has, it is possible but you've got to haul ass as soon as you get the egg and don't stop jumping, you're vulnerable for that split second when you're powering up a jump, sometimes you get lucky and there's not that many about and other times they'll be all over you as soon as the crab hits the ground

If you've got tribemates or other players who want to get eggs then everyone on spinos is best, preferably imprinted, if you're going solo then imprinted spino plus a few megalosaurus or spinos in cryopods then throw them out just before you reach the nests

Im solo but would me with a single megalosaurus with 15k hp and 400% melee damage, prim saddle and no imprint, and no points in movement speed be good enough to get the rock drake eggs?

Don't watch youtube.  The tubers all wipe out wild spawns and the end result makes it look like you're egg picking in empty areas.  Those areas are NOT empty. 

You can do it safely with 2 spinos at 100+ level with decent saddle.    If you do it with 1, you'll want it max level and imprinted.   1 Reaper can kind of do it, but you are in danger of death if you get rock drakes to your rear, which is likely.  Head on a good reaper can handle the swarm. 

You can cheese the egg stealing with your own rock drake - i.e  grab and run like hell, but that's about the only cheese method that works. 

EDIT - I've heard rumors about a high health Baryonyx making it out of there as they're fast enough to sprint out, but I'd say it's super risky. 

3 hours ago, Theshinydino said:

Im solo but would me with a single megalosaurus with 15k hp and 400% melee damage, prim saddle and no imprint, and no points in movement speed be good enough to get the rock drake eggs?

Mate boost this guy and make sure you are going down there in the 90% night to increase the odds (i always use megalosaurs, but i do some breeding and imprinting first). Keep in mind that they can't outrun the Drakes without imprinting, so you need to fight the wave - and the first egg is a huge swarm of Drakes, quite overwhelming (you can do some cleanup first in the area just to be sure the numbers will be lower). But if you survive you have time to heal up your guys and keep farming eggs for quite a while.

Archived