Zultana

HELP! ;) How the heck do we move?

Hey there chickadees and chickadoos!

I am a 30yr gamer, Ark Noob! and need your help! 

INFO: My son and I play on our homebased non-dedicated "server", from my computer. He is next to me on his computer.  We have the Island and all other DLCs, other than Genesis.  We have almost completed the Island map, a dragon and I believe a final boss to go.  Then we want to "move on" to another map. I have watched You-tubers going back and forth from map to map.  I have no idea how to make the first move.

Q: How do we move from the Island to the next map, taking with us our characters and a couple dinos?

Thanks everyone!  I am really looking forward to moving to the next map... We have taken WAY to long on the Island... 4 bases, etc etc etc.. Fun but time to move on!   :)

I've never played non dedicated but guess it works the same as transferring in single player or a non clustered server

Go to an obelisk or beacon, upload any items, weapons, armour etc in the ark data tab, make sure you upload anything you're wearing or have equipped on your hotbar as well otherwise they'll get left behind, for dinos you can either cryo them with their saddle on and upload in the data tab or remove their saddle and upload the dino in the creature tab, then upload your character

Once you're both off of the server shut it down and go back to the main menu, fire up the new map and you should get the option to download your character, once you've done that you're good to go and can go get your stuff from an obelisk or drop

The save for your old map will still be there so you can switch back at anytime if there's more stuff you want to bring over, just remember to always go naked

It's not really necessary to upload items. If you open the obelisk terminal you maybe see a timer on your inventory items. Wait until the timer is gone. If you do anything right, you should'nt get a warning about items when pressing the transfer button. If you get the warning, don't transfer but check which items you can't take with you.

Details here:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/CrossARK_Transfers

7 hours ago, Zapha said:

It's not really necessary to upload items. If you open the obelisk terminal you maybe see a timer on your inventory items. Wait until the timer is gone. If you do anything right, you should'nt get a warning about items when pressing the transfer button. If you get the warning, don't transfer but check which items you can't take with you.

Details here:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/CrossARK_Transfers

He's on a non dedicated server running on his PC not a cluster so has to upload everything, in fact I don't think you even get the transfer option just the option to upload survivor

RageQuitter is mostly correct, EXCEPT do not upload ANY cryopodded dinos in the Obelisk of the person who is not the host! (Same goes for eggs), it will wipe the dinos data, reroll colours and be level 1. Creature slots aren't a good option either, because downloading dinos frequently crashes the game, and then your dino is gone (since the Obelisk saves instantly). Use the command saveworld ALL THE TIME when downloading. Save after every single dino you download, and when taking out your items, double click them out as fast as possible then save INSTANTLY.

Also, the non-host has an unlimited number of Obelisk slots on Non-Dedi. And items stacks work weird, if you upload two different incomplete stacks of items (say 2 stacks of 100 ingots), it will inititally look like they'e stacked onto each other but re-opening the Obby will show they're actually still two different stacks. This is a huge space waster with your limited 50 slots, so be careful of it.

Archived