Do we get to keep easter colored dino's?

wizard03

Do we get to keep easter colored dino's?

Hey all, got a question. I just recently got my egg base finished {and apparently just in time too! Got 52 yuty eggs on the first two days just after the update! w00t!!!!} Anyways, I also have noticed a couple obviously Easter themed dinos. I got another male yuty {junk stats, pretty colors} and a daeodon {same story} and was curious if these color patterns are temporary for the event time? 

Also curious if when I decide to ascend, will they still be around? {or anything I have built or tamed for that matter}

53 minutes ago, Myrm said:

If you tame any of the theme coloured dinos, they will remain such after the event. Wild themed dinos will disappear.  At least, that’s my experience in the past. 

Sweet, going to be gunning for all the purples! 

What about breeding? Do the colors transfer to their offspring, even if its a rarity?

4 minutes ago, Myrm said:

That I’m not sure about. Sorry. 

No prob man, this is literally my first event....I came in right as valentines was ending.....literally figuring the game out, how to pick up rocks, how to make fiber clothing, OMFG THATS THE BIGGEST SNAKE I EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE XD

So Im really a noob at all of this.....hell, just figured out cryo pods yesterday. :P

13 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Yes breeding them will transfer colors to the babies.

Sweet! Nothing like roaming around the island in a blinged out ride XD XD

Well thank you very much for the information. Now about the chibie's, whats their deal? Just cute lil pets?
And just noticed we chattin on anouther post, Im good on that one for now. You was very helpful over there. :)

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

Yes breeding them will transfer colors to the babies.

To expand on what Piffguru said, it can transfer them, with the same  percentage chance as any other colors. There are two parents, the baby could get either of the parents colors and this chance is repeated in each color region on the tame. If you don't get the color you want when breeding, keep on tryin!

3 minutes ago, khanthe said:

To expand on what Piffguru said, it can transfer them, with the same  percentage chance as any other colors. There are two parents, the baby could get either of the parents colors and this chance is repeated in each color region on the tame. If you don't get the color you want when breeding, keep on tryin!

I figured as such. Seen a vid of a guy trying to get color mutations, Had to go through 30 of the things before one popped. But yeah, was just curiouse…….Might be nearly impossible to find another colored yuty…..can you use the eggs to change a dino, then will that color be in the genetic pool, or just the original colors?

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Sweet! Nothing like roaming around the island in a blinged out ride XD XD

Well thank you very much for the information. Now about the chibie's, whats their deal? Just cute lil pets?
And just noticed we chattin on anouther post, Im good on that one for now. You was very helpful over there. :)

Yea so with chibis, they are a way to get the maximum level of your character higher. You can get over 100 by beating bosses and before chibis the maximum was 135 I believe so for every level up on the chibi you get you will get 1 more maximum level available for your character up to 5 levels. A lvl 6 chibi will give you the ability to get 5 more levels on your character. Other than that they are just a cool collectable cause they only are available to get during certain events recently and some can be rare and useful for trading.

19 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Yea so with chibis, they are a way to get the maximum level of your character higher. You can get over 100 by beating bosses and before chibis the maximum was 135 I believe so for every level up on the chibi you get you will get 1 more maximum level available for your character up to 5 levels. A lvl 6 chibi will give you the ability to get 5 more levels on your character. Other than that they are just a cool collectable cause they only are available to get during certain events recently and some can be rare and useful for trading.

Oh, are they a official server only thing? Im not online, Im single player currently =/

3 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Oh, are they a official server only thing? Im not online, Im single player currently =/

Um im not sure tbh. I think you will still be able to get them on singleplayer. Look for dodos with bunny hats on and collect their easter eggs they pop out, place them on the floor and crack them and some of the time you should get a chibi.

Archived