Loot Crate Help

GameFreak

its true, the underwater crates are miniscule, and the only way to find them is to pass right by one, the best way I've found is to tame a disposable animal (not flying, things like scorpions are the best) and up only oxygen and maybe a bit of health, this is for early level gameplay, before you can get chowder or scuba gear. When you pump oxygen, it multiplies its water swim speed by about 20% better than movement speed per point, not to mention it can survive longer underwater, then make sure your own oxygen is at 200+. what I do is then shoot across the ocean and have an ipad or phone in front of you IRL with a map of crate locations and go to each one. I've visited about 6-7 locations so far and have only found 2, but an apprentice metal shield and a journeyman electric prod is pretty decent.

22 minutes ago, patton3 said:

its true, the underwater crates are miniscule, and the only way to find them is to pass right by one, the best way I've found is to tame a disposable animal (not flying, things like scorpions are the best) and up only oxygen and maybe a bit of health, this is for early level gameplay, before you can get chowder or scuba gear. When you pump oxygen, it multiplies its water swim speed by about 20% better than movement speed per point, not to mention it can survive longer underwater, then make sure your own oxygen is at 200+. what I do is then shoot across the ocean and have an ipad or phone in front of you IRL with a map of crate locations and go to each one. I've visited about 6-7 locations so far and have only found 2, but an apprentice metal shield and a journeyman electric prod is pretty decent.

Issue with this is, you can't just go deep sea crate diving right as you start up. You need to be level 80, which you should have unlocked SCUBA gear and have advanced sea creatures like Mosasaurs and Plesiosaurs.

36 minutes ago, GameFreak said:

where are the easiest locations to get look crates with the best blue prints or pre-made gear? ive tried looking for the ones underwater and ive only found one so far, but according to something i read it may be because a lot of them are hard to see underwater.

Take SCUBA gear with you, riding in first person with the mask allows you to see them much more easily.

If you want extra help finding them, you can always place pillars close to where they spawn, that way when you pass by and see the pillars, you know that's where one of the drops are.

i am over lv 80 and have scuba and a mosa, i just keep getting caught by a ples or mosa i didnt see in the area when i stop to check my gps and get killed, and of course am having trouble telling if i might be passing them by or not cause they are rather hard to see.  are there any other loot crates that are decently easy to get at that has similar lv drops as the underwater ones?  also what is the spawn timer on the underwater crates? my friend tells me its like an hour but he's not sure.

Ocean drops respawn every 40 minutes to an hour, and there are only two up at a time. So if you find two right away there's no point looking for a third until an hour or so has passed.

--

If you can breed a high level wolf or saber and lead it into the swamp cave as a baby, after a few levels put into melee and hp it becomes entirely possible to solo as long as you take it slow and stop to heal regularly. Of course, bringing a buddy helps, but it's not completely necessary.

I did this and I now solo it regularly, sometimes hourly. swamp cave has almost all of the loot that the ocean does, minus a few things like fur gear I believe.

Aside from that, Carno cave has a chance to give decent items. Not as good as ocean/swamp/snow, but I have gotten ascendant saddles, journey flak, a master craft rocket launcher.

10 hours ago, GameFreak said:

are there any other good crates that are easy to go after? im only after some journeyman and mastercraft gear, i dont need ascended considering you cant really make it yet

You can make a lot of ascendant items just not the high tier saddles.Carno island is the best since the sky lord caves red crate is bugged.

Sea are easiest if you're level80 but you are limited to what you get.

Also all purple crates can give you good longneck bp they're just rare. Go for all drops because you might get something good.

All my birds are max speed so travelling between is a non issue

Archived