Base spot

Bigchingus7890

Id agree with ehuhoser, depends on other players and activities. However if in single player mode, Id suggest up north and close to, but not on, the glaciers. If your close to the glaciers, you can go on a penguin hunt just for the organic polymer, and the free prime meat that comes with it.

I built mine with just that in mind, and then I found out about all the other nearby resources that are littered all around. Metal everywhere, crystal everywhere, oil nodes, slightly hidden but still easy to farm obsidian.....if your looking for the best bang for the buck base location, Id highly suggest 20/17 area.

Downsides however is extreme cold, extra points in fortitude is kinda required. 
Lack of vegetation. You will NEED a garden.
Dangerous wild life. Build a base big enough to store your dino's, and weapons of mass destruction for protection.
Last but not least, slow supply of pelt for the fur clothing. Might wanna make a stash of fur clothing before "adventureing" or base building. If you die, you will just die again while trying to harvest for new clothing.

9 minutes ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Single player and pretty good at the game not a pro but probably average 

Im actually thinking about doing a twitch video of my base to highlight the good and bad of the northern/snow biome base building ideas and technique's.....I have poor internet speeds, so quality won't be great, but if your interested, you got anything I might need to cover?

Rather inspired suddenly....will post video later. Keep your eye's peeled. 

42/69. Check around this coordinates. 4 mountains close by (metal/stone), dense forests for berries/DILO, redwoods really close for some dinos/sap/honey. General area spawns Rexes, spinos and even barys (lots of brontos for meat/prime). With argents you are close to everything you need in this area. There are some very good spots to build too. Also, is not TOO close to the mountains (no Gigas in your backyard).

EDIT: The DILO stands for (W)ood (T)hatch (F)iber.

19 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Base spot

What the the best base spot on the island for convenience (close to Dinosaurs and metal and Mountain accessibly and all that)

I know a cool big flat spot with only two entrances, and a slope, near beavers, beach, metal, forest and more!

its near the middle right side I can’t say exactly just scan for a place like this(profile) edit later!

One twitch video, hold the mustard.

BTW sorry for my repetitiveness and sorry Im not the greatest streamer of all time. Typically I just record for myself later. Either amusement wise or trying to figure something out.

p.s. also noticed how choppy internet was....I should have killed the quality completely. Sorry. :(

23 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Id agree with ehuhoser, depends on other players and activities. However if in single player mode, Id suggest up north and close to, but not on, the glaciers. If your close to the glaciers, you can go on a penguin hunt just for the organic polymer, and the free prime meat that comes with it.

I built mine with just that in mind, and then I found out about all the other nearby resources that are littered all around. Metal everywhere, crystal everywhere, oil nodes, slightly hidden but still easy to farm obsidian.....if your looking for the best bang for the buck base location, Id highly suggest 20/17 area.

Downsides however is extreme cold, extra points in fortitude is kinda required. 
Lack of vegetation. You will NEED a garden.
Dangerous wild life. Build a base big enough to store your dino's, and weapons of mass destruction for protection.
Last but not least, slow supply of pelt for the fur clothing. Might wanna make a stash of fur clothing before "adventureing" or base building. If you die, you will just die again while trying to harvest for new clothing.

I’m at the island down south right now (by green ob)  so a move to 20/17 will be expensive. What do you think about the area right by dead island I think the mountain is called the fang.     Sorry the server was down for me thanks for all the great base ideas. 

22 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

I’m at the island down south right now (by green ob)  so a move to 20/17 will be expensive. What do you think about the area right by dead island I think the mountain is called the fang.     Sorry the server was down for me thanks for all the great base ideas. 

Ill take a look, but Im unfamiliar with any of the "nick name" locations....If you go by longitude/latitude, I will be able to understand better. Just google Ark island map, you can rough guess it from there.
And yeah, I forgot to mention my first trip up there, I used a raft and went to around the west side of the entire Island till I hit the snow biome. By using a raft, things was safe. Just gotta keep by the mainland to avoid the leeds.

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Ill take a look, but Im unfamiliar with any of the "nick name" locations....If you go by longitude/latitude, I will be able to understand better. Just google Ark island map, you can rough guess it from there.
And yeah, I forgot to mention my first trip up there, I used a raft and went to around the west side of the entire Island till I hit the snow biome. By using a raft, things was safe. Just gotta keep by the mainland to avoid the leeds.

Lat 22 Lon 68 about    I was there in mobile during a beavers give metal battlements event now that was something else.  Hey wizard you play on computer or xbox?

7 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Lat 22 Lon 68 about    I was there in mobile during a beavers give metal battlements event now that was something else.  Hey wizard you play on computer or xbox?

Im on xbox, hopeing next gen gives us that promised 60 fps on games....we have been waiting quite awhile since we got our teeth sunk into PC style games on console, I now thirst for pc graphics on console.
I see what you got going on now....well the good news is that your base is closely located to nearby sources....the mountains for metal, crystal, obsidian...ocean for nearby water necessities. Pearls, fish meat....and as a bit of a challenge for yourself, carno island. You ever want to work on leveling up a tame, just run it around the island and kill everything.
Heck, running a megatherium around the island is how I made nearly 7000 chitin for both paste and argy saddles. Sadly all my beavers despawned, so getting paste is either going to require a swamp cave run or some crazy amounts of chitin. Lucky for me, each scorpion is about 200 chitin each. About a dozen trips around the island with my argy army and a megatherium = industrial amounts of chitin.

Archived