ARK Mutation Problem

miXoN

ARK Mutation Problem

Hello. I have a line of Managarmrs which i've been growing (i'm not that experienced with mutations). After i finally managed to get a female baby with a new mutation on Stamina (Let's call it "X"), next thing i did was breed X with its father, to try to get a male with the same new mutation on Stamina. The problem is, i'm just never able to get a baby from these 2 that would inherit the new stamina mutation from X, and i've been trying that for 2 weeks now. What should i do?

3 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Only thing to do is keep trying. This is why in super breeding projects you want to get new mutations onto a male so you can then breed it with as many females as you can get and have better chances of getting your stats combined faster.

Thanks for the quick response! One thing to note is that these manas have some weird numbers in their mutation counters, like way over 20, but obviously they're not actual mutations. I think the real mutation numbers are 3/20 and 7/20, not sure why this is happening, but i thought it might have something to do with this.
I'd really like to get rid of these high numbers without affecting their stats, just don't know how.

3 minutes ago, miXoN said:

Thanks for the quick response! One thing to note is that these manas have some weird numbers in their mutation counters, like way over 20, but obviously they're not actual mutations. I think the real mutation numbers are 3/20 and 7/20, not sure why this is happening, but i thought it might have something to do with this.
I'd really like to get rid of these high numbers without affecting their stats, just don't know how.

Because I don't explain it very well, I suggest you youtube some recent videos about mutations in ARK. There is a lot of good information out there.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, miXoN said:

It happens because mutations are stacking. Let's say you have a male with 1/20 and 1/20, a female with 2/20 and 2/20 and you breed them together. The baby will have 2/20 and 4/20 because the dad had 1 patrilineal + 1 matrilineal = 2, and the mom had 2 patrilineal and 2 matrilineal = 4. Now suppose that baby was a female and you breed it with its dad, the new baby will have 2/20 patrilineal and 6/20 matrilineal because the dad had 1/20 + 1/20 and the mom had 2/20 + 4/20. Basically the markers just stack on the respective side. The only way to get rid of them, is to no inbreed and be smart with your breeding line. Once a line is dirty then it remains dirty.

4 minutes ago, miXoN said:

So i need to go back to breeding the manas that don't have stacked mutations with clean Manas, and work separately for each stat (like a line for HP, a line for Stamina, etc.) 

correct.

when you feel you can make a good one, you put the stats together on 1. that one will have a lot of mutations,. 

But until then keep them seperated per stat.

14 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Breeding 1 male with only one female can take a really long time to get what you want sometimes.  If a female has the stat u need to move,  one thought is to clone it a few times and then improve the odds of each breeding session.

If you have a cloning chamber and some spare element, this is a great way to get over a breeding slump @miXoN.  It's expensive, but when the perfect baby comes and you can actually progress your lines, you'll be very relieved!

Archived