Reduce Tame Cap For PvE Tribes From 500 to 200

Neirn

Suggestion

Reduce Tame Cap For PvE Tribes From 500 to 200

There is no need for there to be 500 dinosaurs out on people's bases and it causes performance issues in the server. We have cryopods now, force people to use them please. I can't imagine needing 500 dinosaurs out all at once for any reason....even a large tribe isn't using all those at once.

5 replies to this server topic

No you can not beacause to get a mutation it is about 7 percent chance, and please correct me if I’m wrong on that, so to breed mutations and get the colors and abilities you want it can take a LONG time!

1 hour ago, Neirn said:

See, I don't see this as a legitimate reason to put things out. Okay, for live breeding maybe. If you have a ton of wolves you're working on etc. Most tribes only have a few people that breed dinos. It's rare to see tribes with over 3 people in one. Let's say there are 10 people though, you all choose to breed/raise at the same time. You can't do 20 dinos at a time? Especially considering the male doesn't need to be out the whole time, just when the mating process happens. I've seen countless times on PvE a tribe with one person in it, who does not breed consistently, just leaving tame cap of 500 out on their base. I see no benefit to it even for them. They don't play regularly and just leave them all out for no reason. They don't even mass breed. This is the majority of capped bases I see. :L

And yes some people are like that but that’s some people, a lot of tribes have like ten people who are all doing activities that most likely involve over 10 dinos, and some don’t bother fighting the bosses for cyro’s cus they don’t want them and some can’t mass produce them enough to have all their dinos! Also thoes dinos could be guarding the base or auto harvesting or gestating or still a baby Dino ect! It might be the server your on also as I said before

I’d suggest talking about a setting for turn of Dino idle movement larger pillars wall ect. 

Large tribe often do use that many dinos, when auto harvesting, leading an ”expedition” Attacking another base, passively defending their base from all sides, transporting players and a lot(!) for breeding mutations, and things such as quez have platform saddles so no Cryo, also dinos get Cryo sickness so it’s better just to have them there, and some are part of farms, like bees and tek paras, all at the same time so yes I say they need 500, if you want less lag and stuff I’d suggest talking about a setting for turn of Dino idle movement larger pillars wall ect. And stuff like that not making big tribes especially in PvE, lives very hard!

On 4/8/2020 at 12:25 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

Large tribe often do use that many dinos, when auto harvesting, leading an ”expedition” Attacking another base, passively defending their base from all sides, transporting players and a lot(!) for breeding mutations, and things such as quez have platform saddles so no Cryo, also dinos get Cryo sickness so it’s better just to have them there, and some are part of farms, like bees and tek paras, all at the same time so yes I say they need 500, if you want less lag and stuff I’d suggest talking about a setting for turn of Dino idle movement larger pillars wall ect. And stuff like that not making big tribes especially in PvE, lives very hard!

See, I don't see this as a legitimate reason to put things out. Okay, for live breeding maybe. If you have a ton of wolves you're working on etc. Most tribes only have a few people that breed dinos. It's rare to see tribes with over 3 people in one. Let's say there are 10 people though, you all choose to breed/raise at the same time. You can't do 20 dinos at a time? Especially considering the male doesn't need to be out the whole time, just when the mating process happens. I've seen countless times on PvE a tribe with one person in it, who does not breed consistently, just leaving tame cap of 500 out on their base. I see no benefit to it even for them. They don't play regularly and just leave them all out for no reason. They don't even mass breed. This is the majority of capped bases I see. :L

I'd say limit per active player in tribe. But I think that's a bit too hard to implement in a reasonable way.

Maybe per steam id that actively has xy hours daily in ark?

And then like 50 tames per player ought to be enough for most players.

I personally try to cryo as many tames as possible mainly because of my pc not being able to keep up with too much stuff around and it's just easier not to think about meat runs. However, sometimes i also go on a breeding spree when trying to combine some stats so 50 sounds real low.

Archived