Argents can no longer pick up smaller wild aggressive creatures in PvE

caleb68

This patchnote is actually a lie. 

Argies can't pick up ANY small dino now on PVE,  I really don't get the point of this, I use to use my argy to capture compy to tame for eggs but can't even do that now.  

Honestly, I could see doing this on PvP but PvE? whats the point?

3 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

This patchnote is actually a lie. 

Argies can't pick up ANY small dino now on PVE,  I really don't get the point of this, I use to use my argy to capture compy to tame for eggs but can't even do that now.  

Honestly, I could see doing this on PvP but PvE? whats the point?

That hasn't been allowed in years (at least on officials). As long as I can remember and I have been here since July 2015. They disabled it because trolls would drop animals into bases, which is why it is allowed in PVP.  There was a very short time when they accidentally enabled it and the first thing I saw was the resident troll carrying therizinos to drop on peoples dinos.

Just now, Cowgirl said:

That hasn't been allowed in years (at least on officials). As long as I can remember and I have been here since July 2015. They disabled it because trolls would drop animals into bases, which is why it is allowed in PVP.  There was a very short time when they accidentally enabled it and the first thing I saw was the resident troll carrying therizinos to drop on peoples dinos.

Actually it has been on PvE on official for a long time. it wasn't disabled till this last patch,  you could pick them up using C while on the argy and carry them in the argy's beak.  So sorry but your actually incorrect on this one Cowgirl.

32 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

Actually it has been on PvE on official for a long time. it wasn't disabled till this last patch,  you could pick them up using C while on the argy and carry them in the argy's beak.  So sorry but your actually incorrect on this one Cowgirl.

It probably wasn't meant to be a thing then because wild dino pickup is supposed to be disabled on PVE, otherwise other dinos would be able to pick things up too. It probably slipped in when they got their TLC.

6 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

It probably wasn't meant to be a thing then because wild dino pickup is supposed to be disabled on PVE, otherwise other dinos would be able to pick things up too. It probably slipped in when they got their TLC.

fact of matter is that it states "smaller wild aggressive creatures"  which is a falsehood on wildcards part because all smaller wild dino's can no longer be picked up, aggressive or passive.  there were others that you could pick up as well besides just compy.

I can understand shutting off things like troodons from being picked up (which couldn't be picked up in the first place), but some things just don't make sense,  kinda like when they made it so you could no longer pick up snails with the argy (few years back) with the beak. 

4 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

But aren't compies technically aggressive? At least when there are many.

compy generally aren't aggressive unless there's more then 1, usually they just follow you around.   but that was just one example of dino's that could be picked up.  

you want a totally non-aggressive one you could still pick up with the beak before the patch? okay,  Dodos. 

again, makes no sense for PvE

Someone at WC broke something and it was like that for few weeks now. Only few people noticed. Now they are trying to sell that screw up as a meaningful intended change of last patch.

My bet is that they won't even change false patchnote entry to reflect actual state of things. Why bother? Players are like dodos - no matter how long you keep punching them, they can't fight back.

4 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

Someone at WC broke something and it was like that for few weeks now. Only few people noticed. Now they are trying to sell that screw up as a meaningful intended change of last patch.

My bet is that they won't even change false patchnote entry to reflect actual state of things. Why bother? Players are like dodos - no matter how long you keep punching them, they can't fight back.

its amazing how many people don't know its been like that for years.  just amazing.  No its nothing that was broken recently, its nothing that was changed recently.  This is something that was allowed for years not just a week, or a month, or a couple months.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

its amazing how many people don't know its been like that for years.  just amazing.  No its nothing that was broken recently, its nothing that was changed recently.  This is something that was allowed for years not just a week, or a month, or a couple months.

March 20, 2018

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

then there is something wrong with some of the dates on my screenshots from ark (have ones dating clear back to  my first days in ark).

Probably on a server that had carry enabled (official pvp, unofficials, etc.). Regardless, this is a useless change. The Bloodstalker can carry Argentavis and other aggressive stuff around even on PvE with its web. If that was my call, I would just allow flyers to carry everything on any mode. I mean, if anyone is able to disturb your bases by dropping anything that is carryable then you are clearly failing at PvE to begins with.

7 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Probably on a server that had carry enabled (official pvp, unofficials, etc.). Regardless, this is a useless change. The Bloodstalker can carry Argentavis and other aggressive stuff around even on PvE with its web. If that was my call, I would just allow flyers to carry everything on any mode. I mean, if anyone is able to disturb your bases by dropping anything that is carryable then you are clearly failing at PvE to begins with.

Turrets, x plants, and neutral/aggressive dinos in leashes is the only way to go. Not doing this on PVE is asking for pain. 

28 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

good point, i'll just start using bloodstalkers for my compy.

and your right, it was a totally pointless change for PvE.  It gave no advantage in the game.

2 hours ago, caleb68 said:

What I mean was - ability to carry small creatures in beak didn't stop with this patch it is like that for a while now.

Around 2 weeks ago(maybe more) on a pve server I'm playing, people had a discussion in global about that. A lot of players were saying you can carry snails and otters with argent for easier taming. I did a quick test and it wasn't working. Long before latest patch.

1 minute ago, deedoubleu said:

What I mean was - ability to carry small creatures in beak didn't stop with this patch it is like that for a while now.

Around 2 weeks ago(maybe more) on a pve server I'm playing, people had a discussion in global about that. A lot of players were saying you can carry snails and otters with argent for easier taming. I did a quick test and it wasn't working. Long before latest patch.

The thing is, I found out about being able to beak pickup certain wild creatures around the time valguero came out. Tried it on official xbox pve and tamed multiple otters that way. Just picked them up in the beak and brought fish to it, super easy.

I have seen more and more people saying it isnt working any more so I would say something broke this recently but I havent tried it in a while.

12 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

The thing is, I found out about being able to beak pickup certain wild creatures around the time valguero came out. Tried it on official xbox pve and tamed multiple otters that way. Just picked them up in the beak and brought fish to it, super easy.

I have seen more and more people saying it isnt working any more so I would say something broke this recently but I havent tried it in a while.

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to say it never worked. All I'm saying is that it wasn't changed with latest patch, argents couldn't carry otters, snails and dodos already when patch arrived.

It was changed before and only now added to patchnotes. Maybe it had no state assigned and finally got marked as "won't fix" so only now mentioned.

2 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to say it never worked. All I'm saying is that it wasn't changed with latest patch, argents couldn't carry otters, snails and dodos already when patch arrived.

It was changed before and only now added to patchnotes. Maybe it had no state assigned and finally got marked as "won't fix" so only now mentioned.

YES it was changed in the latest patch …  its been working up until now on PC Official.

2 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

Yea I couldnt say whether it was changed in the recent patch or 2 patches ago or 3, whatever. Im just saying that it was definitely working around the time valguero came out so Im just pointing out that people saying it hasnt worked for years are incorrect.

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Does that include being able to carry corrupted dinos to you?

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

YES it was changed in the latest patch …  its been working up until now on PC Official.

PC official too. I didn't test it after every patch, but few weeks ago it wasn't working. I can't be sure they didn't re-allow small creature carrying after that just do disable it again - thought it is one of stealth nerfs and didn't tried it again after that, but at that time I specifically tested if argent could carry snails and otters on official pc pve and it couldn't. It has nothing to do with what I assume, do or don't know.

You saying it was working up until now, so did you tested it after every patch? Or do you remember grabbing a snail few months ago and tried doing it again only after that patch?

@GP of course it matters! If we play pve it doesn't mean we won't fight the battle of wits when someone is wrong on the interwebs.

Archived