Games Available, but Cluster not working

DAgame

Games Available, but Cluster not working

I am hosting 2 servers using Ark Server Manager.  I cannot get the player transfers to work.  I'm sure 100 other people have this issue, and I have tried many things but not gotten it to work again.  Apologies for yet another post, but I'm hoping for help with my specific setup.

1. Windows 10 machine on my home network, 192.168.1.180 local IP address.   I've turned off the Windows firewall, though it did seem to have the right entries.  This machine runs these two command-lines:

C:\ArkServerManager_Data\Servers\TheIsland\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?listen?MultiHome=192.168.1.180?Port=7779?QueryPort=27017?MaxPlayers=70?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ActiveEvent=Easter -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=ABCD -ClusterDirOverride="C:\ArkServerManager_Data" -NoTransferFromFiltering -NoBattlEye -exclusivejoin -nosteamclient -game -server -log

C:\ArkServerManager_Data\Servers\Ragnarok\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ragnarok?listen?MultiHome=192.168.1.180?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=70?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -ActiveEvent=Easter -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=ABCD -ClusterDirOverride="C:\ArkServerManager_Data" -NoTransferFromFiltering -NoBattlEye -exclusivejoin -nosteamclient -game -server -log

2. When my gaming rig is connected to my local network, I can use the Steam "add server" feature, paste the public IP address, and see that it finds 2 games.  I add them to my favorites, then look at server info for my favorites, and they give the local IP address (which seems bad). 

3. When my gaming rig is connected through my cell phone hot spot (i.e. not the same local network), I *can* connect to both servers using the favorite I just added, but the steam feature to "search for games at this address" (using the public IP) finds nothing.

4. Both servers show "Available" in Ark Server Manager.

5. I have the same cluster ID for both servers and both have the "Cluster Directory Override:" checked.

6. I have port forwarding setup on my Verizon Fios Router to forward the range 7777-7790 and 27015-27030 for both TCP and UDP to 192.158.1.180.  (I assume this is working, because I can connect from the external network.)

7. https://www.battlemetrics.com/ shows my server as "Responding to Query".

8. I have ASM "Rules": Enable Tribute Download checked, No Survivor Download (not checked), No Item Download (not checked), No Dino Downloads (not checked), Allow Foreign Dino Download (not checked), No Survivor Upload (not cheecked), No Item upload (not checked) , No Dino Upload (not checked).  

9. When I removed the cluster ID, I was able to upload a dino and my survivor, and then download them on the other server.  (Items in tribute didn't go, but I've never used that before.)

10. When I use a terminal to transfer to another server, it says "No Servers Found".  Why?

So, I feel like I'm really, really, really close to having transfers working.  What else can I tell you?  What can I post here?

Note that I have also tried the transfer from both the local network and the remote network.  In both cases, I re-joined the server after changing my network connectivity.

Do you have a directory named "C:\ArkServerManager_Data\clusters\ABCD"?
If yes, did you create it, or did the Ark server create it?

A test you could do...

Logon to Rag and upload something - a stone or a piece of wood or something.
Look in the cluster directory to see if a file has been created or updated with the current date/time.  I think these files use your SteamID as part of the filename.

Do the same from the Island. 
The upload from the Island should modify the file created from Rag..  If they end up in different parts of your directory tree then it's an issue with directory paths.

Also check file/directory permissions.  Are both servers running under the same user ID?  Does the Ark server user ID have permissions to read/write/modify the cluster directory and contents.

Maybe also do a copy/paste on your cluster IDs and directories - to be sure there isn't a typo on one of them.

Have you set up both servers with the same directory override for clustering? Like this in ASM:

image.thumb.png.7f5396958abd1109afa05ae43b3ed739.png

Only other thing that springs to mind, are your servers passworded? If they are you need to tick the "show passworded servers" tick box in the transfer window in the obelisk view for the servers to show up. To be honest, if you do have them passworded, I'd remove it and use the exclusive join function instead, much easier to manage.

Thanks for the items to try.  First, I uploaded a Dino on Ragnarok, which did cause a file with my Steam ID to show up in "C:\ArkServerManager_Data\clusters\ABCD", then I created a new character on The Island.  I got to a portal and was able to download the Dino.  I think this means the cluster part is setup right, but I'm not certain.  Transfer from both shows "No session found".  Neither server uses a password.  I put the steam IDs in the exclusive join section.

I add that I'm 90% sure that I created the ABCD directory, and I did copy/paste the cluster ID.   Also, Cluster Directory override  is checked for both servers.

2 hours ago, DAgame said:

Thanks for the items to try.  First, I uploaded a Dino on Ragnarok, which did cause a file with my Steam ID to show up in "C:\ArkServerManager_Data\clusters\ABCD", then I created a new character on The Island.  I got to a portal and was able to download the Dino.  I think this means the cluster part is setup right, but I'm not certain.  Transfer from both shows "No session found".  Neither server uses a password.  I put the steam IDs in the exclusive join section.

I add that I'm 90% sure that I created the ABCD directory, and I did copy/paste the cluster ID.   Also, Cluster Directory override  is checked for both servers.

This sounds like your local modem doesn't support Nat-Redirect/Loopback.  I had the same issue, and can transfer gear and dinos all day. However I only see the option to transfer sessions if I connect from outside of my local network. This is because the server is listed with your external IP address, and if you don't have loopback, the external IP is not visible from inside the network.

Well, I think the router port forwarding is fine. But as I own a rather uncommon router and there are no good explanations for port forwarding,  so I can not be sure. 

And even if I shutdown The windows firewall, I can not find the server, nor my neighbor can. So we joins via WLAN connection to my router, what would not be the problem, if cluster connection would work. Maybe this has got to do with that NAT redirect, dunno. It's a simple fiber router. 

I have been reading for days now. Still no solution. When I wanted to open up my own topic, I saw this one. 

Greetings from Germany 

You need to port-forward 7778 UDP as well as 7777.

If you're playing ark on the same machine as the server, then you need to avoid 27015 because that is one of Steam's reserved port numbers.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711

Also try   -NoSteamClient   on the server if you're not already using it.

Is your server using a static IP address?  Don't use DHCP on your Ark server.

So 27017 eg instead of 27015 because of the using the same computer? And what exactly is the benefit of using -NoSteamClient?   Beside, where in the ark server manager do I type this? These commands are created by the program usually. I know where to write it in a start batch data, but I don't use a batch data since the server manager... 

No static address is used, I would share my current ip address to when necessary 

-NoSteamClient  tells Ark server not to use the Steam client.  It goes on the command line.  I guess the ark server manager has a tick box, or maybe does this automatically.  I use batch files for my server, so can't help with any of the Ark managers.

Use something like 27100 instead of 27015, as 27015 to 27050 inclusive are "reserved" for Steam.

If you're hosting from home, then you should give your server a static IP address.  Otherwise, you'll have to edit your port-forwarding everytime DHCP issues it with a different address.

The link I gave (above) appears to be down atm.  This one gives the same info... https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/359543951704487251/

Required ports for Steam Client.

So if you are going to run Steam on the same PC as you are hosting the server, you want to avoid putting the server on ports 27000--27100.
You will also want to use the line "MultiHome=LocalIP" under "SessionSettings" in your config and/or use "?MultiHome=LocalIP" in your startup. (LocalIP is actually your IP address for the local network adapter.)

If you aren't running Steam on that machine, then it's fine.

D:\Program Files (x86)\SteamCMD\Servers\Server1\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe TheIsland?listen?MultiHome=192.168.1.235?Port=7777?QueryPort=27102?MaxPlayers=5?AltSaveDirectoryName=Island?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True -clusterid=akazienweg -ClusterDirOverride="D:\Program Files (x86)\SteamCMD" -NoTransferFromFiltering -UseBattlEye -useallavailablecores -nosteamclient -game -server -log

this is my start command now... anything wrong? now i can not see the game in Lan anymore aswell xD

1. Your cluster directory shouldn't be in the Program file directory.  This is bad practice and might prevent your cluster working if the Ark server doesn't have write permissions there.
2. I'm guessing your save directory is also under Program Files.  It should be elsewhere so it can be backed-up easily and not at risk of being erased if Ark's installer gets too enthusiastic with removing files.
3. You only need Multihome=??? if you have more than one network card on your server.
4. You need to port-forward port numbers 7777, 7778 and 27102 as UDP.
5. Running a cluster implies that you have other maps running.  Which port numbers are you using for the other maps?
6. Not seeing the Island from within your LAN implies an issue with NAT-Loopback on your router.  Some home routers allow NAT-Loopback to be configured.  Some don't.  Some have it turned on by default, and others have it turned off by default.

1. Should be changed due to 2.? 

2. Changed the Install Location.

3. Got a WLAN Card that is deactivated, nevertheless, adding Multihome shouldn't be a factor, should it?

4. They are Forwarded as you can see em here: uxqoii3z.gif BTW, i set them as shown in many Youtube Videos for my Windows Firewall aswell. But even shuting down it completely does not work. 

5. ATM SE is the only other map. I'd like to use 7779 and 27104 as seen above.

6. When launching it with standard ports (7777/27015) i can see it in my Lan. When starting the Server with 7777/27102 it's hidden and i can not join. Neither with LAN, nor through the Internet IP Adress. 

My router Manual says nothing About NAT-Loopback. Like i said, this is a "cheap beginner" router.   

@DAgame sorry for using your topic man ? Does your Cluster work properly now? 

Edit: Using https://portchecker.co/check  tells me that all ports are closed though....

Edit2: After Days of trying hard i found out, that my Provider doens't offer a "real" IPV4 Adress. That's why my Port-Forwarding won't work and I would need additional purchasements etc. so... as long as Steam / Ark doesn't support IPv6, there is no way getting it to the internet...

1. No.  Changing the Cluster Dir path doesn't change the save path.
3. It shouldn't be a factor, and it's better you have that option there as you have more than one card.
4. You haven't forwarded 7780.

Have you allowed those ports though your firewall?  7777 to 7780 inclusive, and 27102/27104?  You could temporarily turn your firewall off to see if that is the issue.

Port checker always tells me that my ports are closed as well.

Archived