Add NPCS to ark single player

GhostReaper6110

Suggestion

9 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Wouldn’t the NPC’s attack the player?

i think he’s talking about automation.

It would make for a more interesting SP experience if there were NPCs that would raid your base, steal from you, interfere with your taming, and generally harass you like other players.

But really it would be more fitting for dinos to more systematically attack player bases and even hunt players. 

I've thought about this and I don't think that they should introduce NPCs into Ark.

Ultimately this is a survival game that is about working together either in a PvP scenario or a PvE scenario and there are things that are designed to be done in a group. Adding in NPCs into SP would just increase the friction that a newer player would have to trying out online servers (either official or not). One of the best things about this game is community and the 'persistence' of the world even after you log off.

Players that want this kind of experience should just join a PvE server. Now how do we go about reducing the friction/intimidation for a new player to join a PvE server? I guess that's a whole other conversation.

On 4/9/2020 at 1:18 AM, Aylana314159 said:

It would make for a more interesting SP experience if there were NPCs that would raid your base, steal from you, interfere with your taming, and generally harass you like other players.

But really it would be more fitting for dinos to more systematically attack player bases and even hunt players. 

This is sortof what conan does. Its fun but gets boring quick coz its all scripted. If your Single player gets boring & u want dinos raiding you i suggest putting rare flowers on your hotbar & exclusively eat nothing but those ? or extinction has corrupted dinos who can kinda raid your base

There are definitely some ups and downs to the addition of NPC's into the game. 

In my opinion, they should not be added to official servers. 

They should however be added as an OPTION to; Single-Player, Dedicated, Hosted, and Unofficial servers. 

For a few reasons;

• Unofficial Customization
  • Adding a "humanoid" aspect to those maps that are empty more often than not. 
  • Adding more to do to a game that some may feel the game a bit lacking
  • Adding more to a tribe, village, city, and/or roleplaying experience. 

Plus, this is an idea that obviously isn't going away. There are those that use it on Steam through mods and they love it. So the idea has gained some traction. 

And if there was a way to code a simply AI to allow the same in the other unofficial platforms, I believe it should be. Again however, not trying to force a mode of gameplay on anyone- it should be an option, not a requirement. 

Archived