Can we talk about the guys from the top 10 who got "removed" ?

thestiffler

3 of the guys who were all top 10 and fixed top 10 players all got removed right before the prizes got dished out, anyone that's played with them know they were teaming up and "gaming" the system (hence they totally stopped streaming).

What are peoples thoughts on this ? if you do the crime expect to do the time (imo) but somewhere deep down I feel like letting them put 350 hours in anyway THEN removing them is a fairly curel twist :P it might have been a plan to let them know before hand ? :P

I'm sure the ARK folks are doing their best. They may not have the manpower to monitor and remove people often.

IMHO, a better system would be for the top 100 each month to be invited to a tournament and only the tournaments would be for money. That way people would feel more comfortable streaming day to day. They need to encourage streamers to stream. :)

Edit: Oh and thanks for killing me here: :D

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sotfreports/FFA-2016.03.28-00.29.21-18985.html

If they were cheating (which teaming up is) then they have no respect for the SOTF league, wildcard and most of all their fellow competitors.

They deserve it, it's as simple as that. The only thing that isn't fair is that they probably took out a fair few actual gamers along the way and should have been banned after one warning. 

That's my opinion :)

6 minutes ago, Greendale11 said:

I'm sure the ARK folks are doing their best. They may not have the manpower to monitor and remove people often.

IMHO, a better system would be for the top 100 each month to be invited to a tournament and only the tournaments would be for money. That way people would feel more comfortable streaming day to day. They need to encourage streamers to stream. :)

Edit: Oh and thanks for killing me here: :D

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sotfreports/FFA-2016.03.28-00.29.21-18985.html

I have advocated this quite hard personally I think online league to determine qualifiers is fine but the real deal for money should be at least streamed out by wildcard.

and sorry :P the golden age when guns were good! :P

8 minutes ago, EvilChaosDX said:

If they were cheating (which teaming up is) then they have no respect for the SOTF league, wildcard and most of all their fellow competitors.

They deserve it, it's as simple as that. The only thing that isn't fair is that they probably took out a fair few actual gamers along the way and should have been banned after one warning. 

That's my opinion :)

yep its a valid point and its a similar situation to when sensie won those games for his team before Christmas, very slow to act on wildcards side, when I was in the 1900 elo games 2 weeks ago everyone was really pissed at the 2-3 guys who got removed from the top 10 then.. could have acted much quicker

Developer 'The Right Hand' posted this on Steam Forums:
Disqualifications have been issued, further details will be announced. Anyone effected should contact info@studiowildcard.com for more information about their circumstances.
We have not banned anyone, and invite anyone who was DQ'd to continue playing in the next season. 

I saw only two names disappear of the Top 10... ShadowSoldier (FFA #1) and DaddyGamin (FFA #4), but people said some names also disappeared off the 4 man and 6 man lists.  The 2 man list stayed the same.

People playing FFA during the last couple of hours of the tournament said that ShadowSoldier, DaddyGamin, and Acential were sharing forges, playing as a team of 3, and winning most matches.  ShadowSoldier increased his lead, DaddyGamin moved from 9th to 4th, but Acential did not get into the Top 10.  As their names were removed both from the website and in-game (but they were not banned) I suspect their scores were all reduced to 1500 (or zero) a few seconds after the tournament ended.

Apparently many players believed that the post 'Wildcard Statement on Illegal Teaming' did not specify that they would be banned for it (as Wildcard does not have the manpower to monitor all of the games), but failed to note the word 'Illegal' was in the title.  Wildcard monitored the last couple of hours of matches, and removed any cheater who would have received a Top 10 award.

This may appear cruel, after they had invested hundreds of hours, and witnessed the timer reach zero with their name still on the list... but I think it was the most effective method with limited manpower,. and a strong message to the community. Wildcard showed they may not be able to stop all cheating... but they will make sure cheaters do NOT win money.  Seeing their name on the winner's list, and then seeing it removed a few minutes later must have been quite a punch in the gut. I note that none of them have streamed online since then.

Acential spent most of the last 3 weeks in the top 10 so he 100% was a top 10 player.

Having been in games with those guys they were gaming the entire system as hard as you can (hence why they all stopped streaming) and its been quite funny in a real Schadenfreude esq way.

Maybe its a lesson to people and will keep them honest next season

This was an especially harsh punishment to the players named.  All of them started out with Twitch.tv in front of their names, and talked about how they hoped to create a income by streaming and winning tournaments.  I heard that some of them had even picked up sponsors.  I watched several of DaddyGamin's matches, and was rooting for him.  I noted (as did you) that when they started using illegal methods they removed Twitch from their names and stopped streaming.  I made several posts on Steam forums and in game about how a Streamer's reputation is their wallet, and that destroying your reputation will destroy your income... but apparently they did not get the hint.  Getting greedy and then being disqualified likely killed their dream and what could have been a career for them.  At the very least it has tarnished their reputations, which will affect any sponsorships and subscriptions for a long time.

I'm not going to be too bitchy about it but I do remember being in a game with daddygaming who at the time was at 95 wins and didn't know that when your animal ran out of stam it threw you off.

Its hard to feel sorry for guys that were trying to cheat the system to win money and they can look back at those 350 hours per person spent as a good life lesion for the future, if you do bad poop then expect to take the consequences for it.

Heh.  I was in the final minutes of a match, had 2 stegos, 2 trikes, and 3 ankylos.  A winning hand.  Megafog hit, and player with bow ran at me. I whistled and whistled while my pets ignored me and the guy killed me.... Turns out that Megafog blinds your pets.  Who knew?  I didn't, but the other guy did.

As far as feeling sorry for cheaters... I married a German girl, so I certainly understand Schadenfreude.

• Wildcard QA

I don't think it was for teaming alone that they got DQ'd.

They were also very toxic and harrassed some other players during games, in chat, and in general showed very unsportsman-like behaviour. I assume enough evidence was sent to WC of their behaviour (I saw footage of them sharing the same building, dropping items for eachother etc). And I think some of their games may have been monitored by an admin which confirmed the reports, and they decided they had enough evidence to take action and not reward these players.

Which is 100% the right move IMO. It sets an example to everyone else to play fair, and shows that they do not have to tolerate bullpoop in their game :)

Many people witnessed first hand what the people who were DQ'd were doing, and it really would've put a downer on the game for everyone playing by the rules to see them get rewarded for that poop.

6 minutes ago, thestiffler said:

https://www.twitch.tv/daddygamin

Hey guys he was a "martyr" and had to take the fall to show how easy it was to team up and ruin the system

not that he did it the entire time

(he was teaming for weeks (hence no streaming for 3 weeks+)

What? Had to take the fall? 

Sorry I just simply disagree with you. He broke the rules, got disqualified. Simple as that. 

No one forced him to cheat the system.

Maybe he'll learn his lesson.

1 minute ago, EvilChaosDX said:

What? Had to take the fall? 

Sorry I just simply disagree with you. He broke the rules, got disqualified. Simple as that. 

No one forced him to cheat the system.

Maybe he'll learn his lesson.

Sorry dude I'm being incredibly sarcastic, its horsepoop daddygamin has decided hes a martyr now and is going to play it out like he did this for "all of us" despite him teaming for 3 weeks + and only ever getting in to the top 10 because of it.

5 minutes ago, thestiffler said:

Sorry dude I'm being incredibly sarcastic, its horsepoop daddygamin has decided hes a martyr now and is going to play it out like he did this for "all of us" despite him teaming for 3 weeks + and only ever getting in to the top 10 because of it.

My bad :) internet is hard to get sarcasm sometimes. You'd be surprised what some people are like! Or maybe I should of paid more attention to your previous posts. 

Good luck to the guy though. Everyone deserves a second chance and hopefully he learnt his lesson. If not then he will simply be wasting more of his own time.

On 4/17/2016 at 8:10 AM, thestiffler said:

Yo that part is straight up bullpoop. He was in top ten long before he started teaming. People were stream sniping him and teaming against him and he started teaming to fight it.

Dude is genuinely good at the game, just tried to take shortcuts thats all. I guarantee he'll be top 10 next season without teaming.

2 hours ago, erictheunready said:

Yo that part is straight up bullpoop. He was in top ten long before he started teaming. People were stream sniping him and teaming against him and he started teaming to fight it.

Dude is genuinely good at the game, just tried to take shortcuts thats all. I guarantee he'll be top 10 next season without teaming.

He admitted himself he started off playing by teaming, then he "stopped" for a period of time then started again.

Not sure how he will be top 10 as he admitted he wont be playing FFA anymore.

• Wildcard QA
On 19/04/2016 at 6:10 AM, erictheunready said:

That's like defending someone for using hacks because people were hacking already.. He's still ruining the game for everyone else.

He was a big member of the SoTF community who even participated in the beta testing of the standalone - and it's disgusting that he would abuse the game mechanics like that.

Okayy, so here is how it went. I played trying to climb from rank 8 to the top 5, then i stumble onto these cowboy hat players playing together. They kill me (i don't remember who it was specifically) and lost 15+ points for that. Play the next game, make it to around end game, 2 more guys with cowboy hats both shooting at me sitting next to each other. One of them is Cirar(you know him as the current first place winner) his friend kills my dilo before i die (Kiregame) Balconov also killed a dilo of mine near them, he did not have a cowboy hat though, so could never verify if he was with them. Onto the next game they switch to glasses, Pbot, Razzyx, and Sr.Dinch are seen working together apparently(didn't see it myself, just saw someone in chat yelling it out in-game) Along with Typeforced recording a video of Darkrell and Kire working together which he sent to the devs but the devs didn't find it to be sufficient evidence i suppose.

Now onto where Ace,Daddy,and Shadow come in. Someone (won't say who, doesn't matter) showed me a steam message between a dev with the dev saying they can't make a rule to ban teaming and the only way to beat the teamers is to team themselves (http://prntscr.com/auzzye<--Link) So basically under the blessing of an sotf dev, they team up to take out the larger team. though when they do, the larger team already clawed most of the original top 10 and had themselves up there, so they stopped teaming on the last day, which was when Jat came and monitored some of the last games of the competition and if you saw the video Ecko made, you saw the 2nd team.

• Wildcard QA
54 minutes ago, Jakyocaw said:

Okayy, so here is how it went. I played trying to climb from rank 8 to the top 5, then i stumble onto these cowboy hat players playing together. They kill me (i don't remember who it was specifically) and lost 15+ points for that. Play the next game, make it to around end game, 2 more guys with cowboy hats both shooting at me sitting next to each other. One of them is Cirar(you know him as the current first place winner) his friend kills my dilo before i die (Kiregame) Balconov also killed a dilo of mine near them, he did not have a cowboy hat though, so could never verify if he was with them. Onto the next game they switch to glasses, Pbot, Razzyx, and Sr.Dinch are seen working together apparently(didn't see it myself, just saw someone in chat yelling it out in-game) Along with Typeforced recording a video of Darkrell and Kire working together which he sent to the devs but the devs didn't find it to be sufficient evidence i suppose.

Now onto where Ace,Daddy,and Shadow come in. Someone (won't say who, doesn't matter) showed me a steam message between a dev with the dev saying they can't make a rule to ban teaming and the only way to beat the teamers is to team themselves (http://prntscr.com/auzzye<--Link) So basically under the blessing of an sotf dev, they team up to take out the larger team. though when they do, the larger team already clawed most of the original top 10 and had themselves up there, so they stopped teaming on the last day, which was when Jat came and monitored some of the last games of the competition and if you saw the video Ecko made, you saw the 2nd team.

That screenshot of Zane saying you should team up against teamers.. Was not meant to be taken literally, he just meant as a community you should be better than them, and "team up" against them. Not literally team as well. And that was BEFORE they made the announcements of that they disapprove teaming.

Like I said in my previous post, I don't think it was for teaming alone that they got disqualified. They were also extremely toxic in the games and harrassed a lot of the community. Enough evidence was sent in of their teaming, their toxic and insulting behaviour was documented frequently with many complaints, Jat monitored their last few games and probably witnessed first hand what they were doing, and an example needed to be set.

Preventing daddygamin & co for being rewarded has only done good things for the game.

Archived