Community Crunch 222: Patch Notes Round-Up, and Eggcellent Adventure

StudioWildcard

50 minutes ago, belgium said:

can you pls fix server 211 on pc its offline for 4 days

Mine has been down for almost 2 days. I'm afraid I won't be able to go to my other servers and refresh the timers.  I read a guy post that his server has been down for 3 weeks. They don't update the server outage post. It's so hard to get a hold of them. I have reported the outage many times. Have you reported the outage for your server? 

6 hours ago, KrackenOne said:

Can you please fix the corrupted avatar skins for the season pass for Xbox.....been to them all waypoints twice now and not a single skin....

All my tickets get closed like this “ gee sorry I can’t help you devs are aware.  I’m marking this as solved”

So stop wasting their time so that they can get to other people's tickets that actually need help instead of replying to your useless ones -,-    this is why it takes three weeks to get anything done for them

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gariii said:

So I guess we ps4 players still have our settings resetted after starting the game. 

And I guess the many anti mesh points on abberation are still available.

PS4 is probably going to be the least supported platform after the Nintendo Switch (which got a total of *one* update after launch) ARK is a PC game. I suggest moving to the WIndows 10 version or the Steam version for PC. (WIndows 10 version is just copy paste of Xbox version but with crossplay. So I recommend the Steam version where you can get mods. The Steam version doesnt have the settings getting reset bug nor does it have the OSD bug on Ext. as far as im aware)

Ok I am not trying to sound sh@&$y here...however...all this whining is making me sick...you guys have NO IDEA what it actually takes to run a game on this scale!!! The HUNDREDS of hours the devs have to sit and write, re-write code, find bugs, sort through thousands of recommendations/ideas/complaints, then decide exactly what is detrimental to fix NOW and what can wait for a bit. I have said it a hundred times...UNINSTALL or shut up and play...I think it’s fabulous the amount of patches they add and how frequently...unlike some other games we “used” to play that the devs don’t give a sh&$ about the community..”cough cough COD”, it’s obvious that they are working hard to get to and fix the issues at hand but if they don’t get to YOUR one personal complaint RIGHT NOW you want to throw them under the bus, drive over them, and backup to do it again....I completely understand the frustration at times...I too have sat on my couch and screamed at my tv when I’ve lost a character or Dino’s on Ragnarok when the DC has been SO bad...but I still LOVE the game, appreciate everything the devs have done and are continuing to do. Give them the credit they deserve or uninstall the game and go play something else. Just my 2 cents...have a great day...hope everyone stays healthy....Ark The Addiction Is Real!!! Oh quick shout out to GM DAZE...thank you for making our appointment on time and returning my main character...much love and respect to all.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, lmaFrickinBeast said:

up to 60-second lags that added between 30-60 minutes to each 8 hour imprint timer.

That sounds like the server saving. Happens every 15 minutes. Some servers take 5 seconds to save, others take a minute or more. the imprint timer hasnt been accurate, I set a timer IRL that I know is just an estimate of when it will be ready. I wish there was a smoother (non-lag) process for the save too.

9 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

it makes the loot you just got and don't need useless because you already have better.

I remember a long time ago (since I dont use the grinder very much) I'd grind a saddle, even a primitive, like a beaver, and get ingots back. It made saving every saddle worth it.

Am I reading this right.... Saddles cant be grinded anymore?
If that's true, can someone make a mod to make saddles grindable again?

I like griding my saddles on my singleplayer. I have my drops give ascendant loot, and those saddles are like 'Loot Bags' (MC reference) of metal ingots.

P.S. I havent played since Genisis was new. I want my dyes on my base pieces fixed before I dive into Ark again, and anti-mesh deletions to be removed(or fixed) on PvE. I dont want to lose any tame due to false positives that delete tames whose collision boxes (or lack of) dip slightly into the ground under normal circumstances.

Edited by GreenRoc

I kinda have to agree what’s the actual rates going to be?  2x? 4x?  The patch notes are a nice improvement of communication thanks for that.  I too would wish the constant whistling on the window 10 (Xbox crossplay) to be fixed.  It’s an annoyance and makes it it almost impossible to use the command wheel.  As well as some of us build and utilize a quetz platform saddle to accomplish some tasks in out of reach areas, both in our own bases and abroad, and it’s a pain in the ass that as soon as you dismount the saddle the bird starts landing.   The next question is the Easter eggs, Is it just the chibis available in them or is the chance for other loot as well?

42 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

I kinda have to agree what’s the actual rates going to be?  2x? 4x?  The patch notes are a nice improvement of communication thanks for that.  I too would wish the constant whistling on the window 10 (Xbox crossplay) to be fixed.  It’s an annoyance and makes it it almost impossible to use the command wheel.  As well as some of us build and utilize a quetz platform saddle to accomplish some tasks in out of reach areas, both in our own bases and abroad, and it’s a pain in the ass that as soon as you dismount the saddle the bird starts landing.   The next question is the Easter eggs, Is it just the chibis available in them or is the chance for other loot as well?

If this is like the volume wheel on windows keyboards then make sure you have some key assigned to the "Land this Flyer" in options. This fixed my whistle on the volume roller. 

11 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

No, it makes the loot you just got and don't need useless because you already have better.

The grinder retains it's purpose.

I'd be tempted to agree, but then you have the tek replicator that was obtainable from crates (not anymore) that gave 0 ressources when demolished, but yet gave ressources when grinded down... might be an oversight or they simply don't bother testing content before releasing.

3 hours ago, DILLIGAFxxCINC said:

Ok I am not trying to sound sh@&$y here...however...all this whining is making me sick...you guys have NO IDEA what it actually takes to run a game on this scale!!! The HUNDREDS of hours the devs have to sit and write, re-write code, find bugs, sort through thousands of recommendations/ideas/complaints, then decide exactly what is detrimental to fix NOW and what can wait for a bit. I have said it a hundred times...UNINSTALL or shut up and play...I think it’s fabulous the amount of patches they add and how frequently...unlike some other games we “used” to play that the devs don’t give a sh&$ about the community..”cough cough COD”, it’s obvious that they are working hard to get to and fix the issues at hand but if they don’t get to YOUR one personal complaint RIGHT NOW you want to throw them under the bus, drive over them, and backup to do it again....I completely understand the frustration at times...I too have sat on my couch and screamed at my tv when I’ve lost a character or Dino’s on Ragnarok when the DC has been SO bad...but I still LOVE the game, appreciate everything the devs have done and are continuing to do. Give them the credit they deserve or uninstall the game and go play something else. Just my 2 cents...have a great day...hope everyone stays healthy....Ark The Addiction Is Real!!! Oh quick shout out to GM DAZE...thank you for making our appointment on time and returning my main character...much love and respect to all.

I am a full-time programmer and I can tell you they are doing good things, but also a LOT of rookie mistakes.

- Hundreds of hours... pffff. Island and SE were both essentially generated in World Machine/World Creator software with about 0 sculting done on their part in the UE4 kit.

- Game is still plagued with fatal errors and failed assertions. Asserts are usefull when developping, but there are no excuses for having them in a released product.

- Bad habit of not testing the content before release. The only content that was somewhat tested was Aberration, by an official alpha tribe. Otherwise, WC never test their content, never have beta tests servers, nor NDA to sign accordingly. Nothing crazy expensive or hard to do.

- They mostly fix the newest content if enough people complains about it, but hardly ever come back to the old issues. They will if said issues truly break the game but even then, you'll get a borked solution.

- Game is far from being optimized, 5 years into it, even on high-end machines. That tells you a lot about their programming skills.

---------------------------------------------

Don't get me wrong, I love the game as I have well over 8k hours into it and it's pretty much the sole contender in its category. However, we can't ignore facts and the poor management of the game done by WC.

Edited by Darkholis