Community Crunch 222: Patch Notes Round-Up, and Eggcellent Adventure

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, IanHighlander said:

"Full pass on loot crates" ??

Hahahahaha, no really, hahahahahahahahahahaha

This is what a 35k loot crate just gave me...

image.thumb.png.a90ca8984303d66553c9dd94264e4ecf.png

Wyvern milk???? WYVERN MILK???? on a server that doesn't even have Wyverns on it and isn't part of a cluster? LMAO, Wildcard, I'm normally the first to be supportive, but if this is your idea of a "full pass on loot crates" you need to hire different programmers ? Still I guess the element would be useful if there was actually any way of getting a tek replicator on this map...

Well, you played lotto and didn't win. The Replicator can be obtained from all 3 crates as well:

48 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Well, you played lotto and didn't win. The Replicator can be obtained from all 3 crates as well:

The replicator was removed from loot crates in 307.56 as they made it craftable in the fabricator. Great except there is no way to get element other than buying it from HLNA and you need 100 element to make a replicator (or 200,000 hexagons). I stand by my comment, this is not realistic.

As for the played the lotto comment, out of curiosity, I spawned in ten tier 3 loot crates admittedly not a huge cross section to get a statistic from, however, FOUR of those TEN crates gave me Wyvern Milk...

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

The replicator was removed from loot crates in 307.56 as they made it craftable in the fabricator. Great except there is no way to get element other than buying it from HLNA and you need 100 element to make a replicator (or 200,000 hexagons). I stand by my comment, this is not realistic.

It was then added back in 309.53. Look at the table I provided above.

6 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

"Full pass on loot crates" ??

Hahahahaha, no really, hahahahahahahahahahaha

This is what a 35k loot crate just gave me...

image.thumb.png.a90ca8984303d66553c9dd94264e4ecf.png

Wyvern milk???? WYVERN MILK???? on a server that doesn't even have Wyverns on it and isn't part of a cluster? LMAO, Wildcard, I'm normally the first to be supportive, but if this is your idea of a "full pass on loot crates" you need to hire different programmers ? Still I guess the element would be useful if there was actually any way of getting a tek replicator on this map...

people are using the milk to help during the boss fight

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

I stand corrected, hadn't seen that at all. I just did another test out of curiosity. Spawned in 100 Tier 3 crates and got ONE tek replicator. Ouch, that's seriously crap odds at 35k a time ?

Yeah, the odds are quite bad. But isn't it the case for anything that involves gambling? You probably have more chance gambling the T1 crates, since their prize pool is smaller and you basically can roll 3.5 times for the price of one T3.

while we are receiving a lot of bugs.....all server is a mess, are you guys having a problem pod/unpod ur dinos? i can say i cannot pod my ice golem in many ways as possible and also my friends have a problem when they unpod their golems, its become a raptors and special a bunch of people duping items and dinos thats no fair.

Edited by loco36
more details

9 hours ago, loco36 said:

while we are receiving a lot of bugs.....all server is a mess, are you guys having a problem pod/unpod ur dinos? i can say i cannot pod my ice golem in many ways as possible and also my friends have a problem when they unpod their golems, its become a raptors and special a bunch of people duping items and dinos thats no fair.

i had problems podding last night with a ferox. couldn't pick it up or access its inventory 

Wow, nice work with the extensive fixes to the new creatures, and maps. Keep up the great work. I really mean that. I know the game is ambitious. I only wish you could do something about the excessive lag and disconnects. To play this game with a stable and lag free server sounds amazing! So many times I’ve been simply angry about the way the game runs and the things I’ve lost from its poor performance, lags and disconnects. Really tests my patience, and has driven many people to quit. I’m back after a two year break and sad to say it’s just as bad if not worse now than it used to be. Thank you for continuing to try and fix this potentially great game. I hope ark 2 is a different story I’m terms of ai, character graphics and server performance. 

The event ended 5 days ago and I still have bunny dodos laying bunny eggs next to my house... (playing non-dedicated server in scorched earth, I'm host), is it normal? dodos stay more days than the event? it's useless since I can't even place the eggs... xD 

PS: Is there any way to modify max players from 4 to 5?

5 hours ago, ItachiHyuuga said:

The event ended 5 days ago and I still have bunny dodos laying bunny eggs next to my house... (playing non-dedicated server in scorched earth, I'm host), is it normal? dodos stay more days than the event? it's useless since I can't even place the eggs... xD 

PS: Is there any way to modify max players from 4 to 5?

you have to kill them all off, they aren't spawning new ones, but everything before event stays until killed off.

• Thanks 1