4x Harvest- Please stop this madness!

TraXz

2 minutes ago, TraXz said:

My hotel analogy was pretty bad, I admit that... I'm not good at those.

So apparently I payed for a game that is half-finished, not optimized, has glitches / bugs in almost every action you can do and supported by servers that can barely handle 25 % of the incoming traffic. 
I didn't read this anywhere when I bought the game. I'm not quite sure why you "protect" the developers, when they mess up so badly. 

The novice developers produced a buggy game that can be extremely fun with quality of life and other mods along with real time admins that simply don't exist on official servers.

I definitely don't defend the devs. Official servers suck. Ark as a game has lots of issues, but can be fun. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bedbug said:

sounds like your getting stressed out over a video game. Perhaps its time you took a break from it to relax a little.

Stressed out? Not at all. 
I just wanna chill with my friends and have fun, it helps a lot if our 'hobby' works... I've been taking a  break for days since our server is constantly crashing, now it would be nice to continue again. 

It's my way of relaxing. I enjoy playing video games and I payed money for this game and expect it to work. 

That was honestly one of the most ignorant comments today :)

8 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

The novice developers produced a buggy game that can be extremely fun with quality of life and other mods along with real time admins that simply don't exist on official servers.

I definitely don't defend the devs. Official servers suck. Ark as a game has lots of issues, but can be fun. 

To be fair, the admins on official servers are pretty good. We have been helped many times with response time less than 24 hours, that's good enough for me. 

Whatever game it may be. Private admins can never control their feelings and will at some point abuse their admin rights. In a game like ARK, where you have to invest so much time into your progress, I don't want to take that risk of some nasty admin ruining it. 

Just now, TraXz said:

Once again, the same community just doesn't exist on private servers. Which for me is the main reason I play official. 

Then you have to pick what's more important. Big community, seems to be what you want. Then you have to accept the good and the bad.

With most the world quarantined expect higher populations and more lag, etc.

1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

With most the world quarantined expect higher populations and more lag, etc.

This is obviously a factor that i'm aware of. 

Whatever man, i'm going to bed.  Seems like you just eat whatever they feed you and are happy about it. If nobody complains, things will never change. This is just life in a nutshell. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, TraXz said:

If nobody complains, things will never change.

It's odd that people feel if everyone complains something will change.

Sometimes things are the way they are. And you have little to no control over it but to walk away. 

That is the only real control anybody has, to walk away.

8 hours ago, TraXz said:

This is obviously a factor that i'm aware of. 

Whatever man, i'm going to bed.  Seems like you just eat whatever they feed you and are happy about it. If nobody complains, things will never change. This is just life in a nutshell. 

People have complained for years and nothing has changed so deal with it.

8 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

It bothers me when people say they are "paying customers", when in reality they paid for the game, not the servers. If you were a paying customer, you would be paying monthly subscriptions to play on the servers.

Yeah. They already got what they paid for and are entitled to nothing else.

Subscription or cash shop for official servers could  fund better support.

8 hours ago, LEDminer said:

It bothers me when people say they are "paying customers", when in reality they paid for the game, not the servers. If you were a paying customer, you would be paying monthly subscriptions to play on the servers.

tbh if the servers where BETTER and real time admins i would pay a sub to play but in the state it is in not a chance - personally i think one change that should be made is a a few servers be region locked and not allowed to have parking lots everywhere heck even with a max of 200 dinos maybe then see how the server would cope .. might be better might be the same or if possible worse :P

18 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Yeah. They already got what they paid for and are entitled to nothing else.

What madness is this I bought the game and am entitled to tell the developers, producers, designers and everybody else what to do. If they don't I will demand my money back and claim they are thieves even after playing 1000hrs. ( Just joking )

Unfortunately with more people comes more lag. So you end up with that busy server some lag, empty server no lag problem. Personally I like some of the x-times events because I can stock up on mats and don't have to grind. Between Work, family and exercise I don't have the time to play as much as I want so these events let me play more and break nodes / trees / gather less.....which is a win in my book.

6 minutes ago, Masurao said:

Imagine if other titles such as Battlefield, CoD or even Guild Wars - to name just a few - were backed by that exact same mantra. 

Comparing Ark to Cod or battlefield is like comparing apples to oranges. I used to play Cod back in the day from the original to black ops and ghost etc. Each time having to pay 60 bucks for each version. Ive never got nearly the same amount of gameplay hours as I do with Ark. Sure Ark has its challenges but its because of the scope of the game. Just be happy they have as many official servers as they do. This very seldom happens in CoD they push out to dedicated servers almost right away.

2 hours ago, Masurao said:

Imagine if other titles such as Battlefield, CoD or even Guild Wars - to name just a few - were backed by that exact same mantra. 

But none of those games are like Ark where players build huge bases and tame a zoo of creatures.

Nothing is persistent like in Ark. 

And I am not sure which mantra you mean..

Some players goal of just ruining the experience for others 

The devs who most likely through incompetence cannot provide a better official experience

Players who feel entitled to have things their way, even though this option is available if they host their own server.

3 hours ago, Monde said:

Personally I like some of the x-times events because I can stock up on mats and don't have to grind. Between Work, family and exercise I don't have the time to play as much as I want so these events let me play more and break nodes / trees / gather less.....which is a win in my book.

Yeah. The EA rates were half of what they are now. Official servers are meant to be a huge time sink and designed around tribes. The boosted rates and other events are what keep players playing, along with all the time invested.

Wildcard lack creativity and make poor choices best to give up giving any feedback because they do what they want anyway and dont listen they take decades to fix bugs and there broken dlcs they release. Game is a great idea but just poorly done by a team that cant handle it unfortunately.

Release some new game modes? Release some new server variants like solo/duo amongst more that give you different scenarios to handle. What a stupid idea it was allowing xbox servers to be cross plat with PC aimbot is all over the shop at the moment and it's not really fair to go against someone with a mouse either..... 

I think alot of there player base comes from consoles I believe(Could be wrong)

It's a ok game if you can look past all the crap which I know can be very hard at times. Waiting for rust to release then I'll probably never play this again or at least for a very long time and assume alot of people will do the same.

3 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

But none of those games are like Ark where players build huge bases and tame a zoo of creatures.

Nothing is persistent like in Ark. 

And I am not sure which mantra you mean..

Some players goal of just ruining the experience for others 

The devs who most likely through incompetence cannot provide a better official experience

Players who feel entitled to have things their way, even though this option is available if they host their own server.

But they do have one thing in common: They run dedicated servers that perform just as persistently as Ark due to the extreme volume of players around the globe, 24/7.  

You've pretty much summed up the issues already.  However, I'm a tad on the fence about the entitlement.

The mantra I speak of is the ever-present: "You got what you paid for, so who cares if your vanilla servers stability sucks. Stop feeling entitled and be grateful they even offer them."

I understand that some players just want things their own way via settings, which means that they should indeed be hosting their own servers. The issue here lies within those who wish for stability, and those who contest this desire.  Unless they had stated for the playerbase to maintain a monthly subscription to uphold their servers upon launch, and unless they have somewhere stated in the fine print that they care not about their own vanilla servers, then I don't really see the reason for the aforementioned statements that some people have of just telling others to shut up and deal with it or just play something else since those servers don't actually even need to be there.

Don't they..?

I truly believe that a player shouldn't have to feel ostracized and judged negatively simply because they desire a higher quality of stability in the provided servers of 'any' given game. The game was purchased and supported, and it falls upon the developers to deliver unless stated otherwise.

I really don't see this stated otherwise... Only by the playerbase.

If the developers simply can't offer more stability then that's on them, but for players to be attacking each other based upon what they feel is deserved isn't quite right.

I feel that honesty would be the better policy if they absolutely just can 'not' offer better stability without additional assistance - whatever it may be - then they should just come right out and say this.

'Do' they need help? Clearly.

Will they ask..? No idea.

The fall of responsiveness and lack of connection to the actual playerbase is what turns positive excitement into turmoil.

To sum it up, if you were to put out a product and offer additional benefits with no strings attached, then that is indeed what you deliver and it is what you support. Most of us aren't asking for space whales on the Island. We just don't enjoy being disconnected every twenty seconds...

What say you..?

2 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

What does DILO mean? Google got me "Day in the Life of" but it doesnt seem to fit here.

Oh, that's just whats called a "sentence enhancer". You just sprinkle it over anything you say and whammo, y'have yourself a spicy sentence sandwich! 

Archived