4x Harvest- Please stop this madness!

TraXz

So now it says 4x harvest untill 21 april in menu...

Can we please stop this madness soon, the servers can't handle it.  Every server i've been to (different maps) has 200-255 ping during prime hours. Our genesis server keeps crashing every second hour and kicking everyone out.

And soon we will have easter event, gg.

The fun part of playing official servers, beside the primarily friendly community, is that it's a bit harder to get ressorces and progress, but you keep increasing rates.. If I wanted to play on a boosted server, I could join a dedicate server and have 50 ping or less, instead of 255... 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TraXz said:

So now it says 4x harvest untill 21 april in menu...

Can we please stop this madness soon, the servers can't handle it.  Every server i've been to (different maps) has 200-255 ping during prime hours. Our genesis server keeps crashing every second hour and kicking everyone out.

And soon we will have easter event, gg.

The fun part of playing official servers, beside the primarily friendly community, is that it's a bit harder to get ressorces and progress, but you keep increasing rates.. If I wanted to play on a boosted server, I could join a dedicate server and have 50 ping or less, instead of 255... 

Don't blame rates, it's because all people is in quarantine and all is mad stay in home thay why devs making rates and stimulate people. So if you ask me i am happy with rates and i think another people too. If you don't like it then you should go private server where is x1

1 hour ago, PandaOP said:

If you're not enjoying it right now,just cryo your dinos and take a break :D

Yeah great idea. I bought this game to play it and I expect it to work. This is not my first rodeo in ARK, but it seems like WC never learn. 

1 hour ago, Sleiva said:

Don't blame rates, it's because all people is in quarantine and all is mad stay in home thay why devs making rates and stimulate people. So if you ask me i am happy with rates and i think another people too. If you don't like it then you should go private server where is x1

It's true that a lot of people are in quarantine and therefore causing more stress on the servers.  That being said, it's obvious that when they make Evolution (2x) event during every weekend, the ping is going nuts aswell, even with the same amount of players playing on the server as with no event. It's clearly causing more stress on the server having boosted rates...
I don't see why boosting rates to 4 times the normal amount can stimulate players in quarintine, finally they have a lot of time to play ARK, why would they need boosted rates then. I can understand weekend evolution event, but this is just absurd. 
Another thing is, they put a limit of 70 players on their servers, when it can barely handle more than 25 at a time. Which is brain dead aswell.

Private server you say? As mentioned I play it for the community, which basically sucks on private servers. If people want to have boosted rates, it should be the other way around, they should go to private servers.... 

6 minutes ago, TraXz said:

Private server you say? As mentioned I play it for the community, which basically sucks on private servers. If people want to have boosted rates, it should be the other way around, they should go to private servers.

This is a generalization that isn't always true. There are some incredibly unofficial communities and also communities that don't use boosted rates.

6 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

This is a generalization that isn't always true. There are some incredibly unofficial communities and also communities that don't use boosted rates.

There might be. 
I've tried it a few times, wasn't my thing. I have experienced; admin abuse, having to wait on the server to update when a new patch arrives, high populated server going dead within days, server suddenly closed and never online again which is progress lost and lots of other boring stuff. 
Maybe I was just unlucky, I can't say no to that.

The good thing about official, is the variety of players and there is always someone online or new players joining the server, even after a while. So it's always an active server. Then you can also transfer to all the other official servers / maps, which is only possible to a limited extend on private servers. 
A private community of 30'ish player is simply too small... 

Playing official is the way to go, I trust no admins. ?

28 minutes ago, TraXz said:

There might be. 
I've tried it a few times, wasn't my thing. I have experienced; admin abuse, having to wait on the server to update when a new patch arrives, high populated server going dead within days, server suddenly closed and never online again which is progress lost and lots of other boring stuff. 
Maybe I was just unlucky, I can't say no to that.

The good thing about official, is the variety of players and there is always someone online or new players joining the server, even after a while. So it's always an active server. Then you can also transfer to all the other official servers / maps, which is only possible to a limited extend on private servers. 
A private community of 30'ish player is simply too small... 

Playing official is the way to go, I trust no admins. ?

Glad that you like your decision to play only official servers, but then you have to deal with how WC decides to run their servers. By making a complaint thread, it seems you aren't completely happy.

20 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Glad that you like your decision to play only official servers, but then you have to deal with how WC decides to run their servers. By making a complaint thread, it seems you aren't completely happy.

Clearly i'm not happy.
I bought a product and I expect the services to work. 

The game clearly states that it has multiplayer, therefore they should also support it themselves. Supporting it with almost unplayable servers is not a good way to run their game. 
Imagine booking a vacation on a nice hotel with all inclusive, but you have to cook all the food youself, make up your room and do everything that the hotel normally provides you with. That's not gonna make satisfied customers. 
What i'm trying to say is, that WC is obviously getting away with how they treat their player base too easy. Almost every other game on the market has servers that run as they should, the most of the time. WC used to be a small company, but look at the amount of players in ARK, they should be able to invest in better servers. 

6 minutes ago, TraXz said:

Imagine booking a vacation on a nice hotel with all inclusive, but you have to cook all the food youself, make up your room and do everything that the hotel normally provides you with. That's not gonna make satisfied customers. 

You got what you paid for and what was advertised. Your hotel analogy dosen't apply.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, TraXz said:

The game clearly states that it has multiplayer, therefore they should also support it themselves. Supporting it with almost unplayable servers is not a good way to run their game. 

Ark, and all titles sold on Steam fall under the SSA.

Section 7, item C.

"C. NO GUARANTEES

TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER VALVE NOR ITS AFFILIATES GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE OR SECURE OPERATION AND ACCESS TO STEAM, THE CONTENT AND SERVICES, YOUR ACCOUNT AND/OR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION(S) OR ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH."

Take some time out and read the EULA you agreed to when you bought the game.

38 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Ark, and all titles sold on Steam fall under the SSA.

Section 7, item C.

"C. NO GUARANTEES

TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER VALVE NOR ITS AFFILIATES GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE OR SECURE OPERATION AND ACCESS TO STEAM, THE CONTENT AND SERVICES, YOUR ACCOUNT AND/OR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION(S) OR ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH."

Take some time out and read the EULA you agreed to when you bought the game.

I couldn't care less about what I agreed to. 
Sure it might be their legal right not to have working servers. BUT I am still a customer / user of their products and it's just good style to have a working product that you support. I can be upset about this if I want. Do I ever want to buy a product from them again, when I think about how they run their services? Most likely not....

Happy customers = More sale

57 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

You got what you paid for and what was advertised. Your hotel analogy dosen't apply.

My hotel analogy was pretty bad, I admit that... I'm not good at those.

So apparently I payed for a game that is half-finished, not optimized, has glitches / bugs in almost every action you can do and supported by servers that can barely handle 25 % of the incoming traffic. 
I didn't read this anywhere when I bought the game. I'm not quite sure why you "protect" the developers, when they mess up so badly. 

7 minutes ago, TraXz said:

I couldn't care less about what I agreed to. 
Sure it might be their legal right not to have working servers. BUT I am still a customer / user of their products and it's just good style to have a working product that you support. I can be upset about this if I want. Do I ever want to buy a product from them again, when I think about how they run their services? Most likely not....

Happy customers = More sale

sounds like your getting stressed out over a video game. Perhaps its time you took a break from it to relax a little.

Archived