Unbalanced Play - New Players Not Welcome

hopdevil

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, give up on Official altogether. It's a toxic community that WC let's run free. WC doesn't care. As a few others have said, find an UNoffical, modded, PvE server. Many server owners will not tolerate such B.S. on their servers. Grievers get perma-bans the first time. No exceptions. There are a FEW good people on official but, a large portion are the lowbies of society. But again, it falls squarely on the shoulders of WC. They give a flying s!*t what goes on in their servers. They never will. GL.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:06 PM, hopdevil said:

I'll try PVE maybe, but that kinda gets rid of the tribal diplomacy that was advertised in the game when I bought it.

Yes please try PVE.

You will get killed by cold and by straving as you cant  put campfire nowhere on map.

Nobody will take you in tribe.

You cant build base as all map is pilared.

All resources spawn are taken.

Your taming and tames will be useless for resource and meat farming as they cant compete with other players high level mutated tames.

Also your tames will be useless because of all nerfs done because PVP servers.

You will full lag because so many structures and mostly because so many changes and nerfs donne because PVP servers.

You will be robbed, structures unlocked and emptied  and also you will loose items, chibis etc on every lag wave as Wild Card  do not care about security - they developed game with PVP as a goal where such thing as security is not needed.

You will learn that support do not exist and if exist such entity who claim to be the "support" then that entity at first most do not help as they are not developers and do not fix bugs and is full of internal polices or " stipulations of compensation " to prevent any help .

Once you get all that PVE experience you will learn to love your PVP server.

10 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Competition on a PVE server ?

You should try WildCard  game ARk.

You will find a lot of fun and maybe you discover how to gather resources in empty area already harvested by someone else dinos witch move faster and have more weight/damage that any wild dino you could tame

Or try to gather  meat behind other player mutated giga and feed your carnivore tames.

Try Ark i recommend you its really fun game..

As others have said there are posts with the same sentiments posted fairly regularly.  In my experience the game can be tough for new players, but new players are definitely welcome and can find a place to build with persistence.  It is definitely not an instant gratification type of game.

I came to playing the game seriously fairly late - Ragnarok was already out.   When I joined an official server I was discouraged at first - I couldn't find anywhere to build and kept starving and dying.  Definitely do not expect to find a prime spot to build right away.  It took a decent  amount of time to find a place to build a small shelter.  Once you do find a place it's really just persistence.  I still see new players building on my server fairly regularly.

On 4/20/2020 at 1:29 AM, Noa said:

You should try WildCard  game ARk.

You will find a lot of fun and maybe you discover how to gather resources in empty area already harvested by someone else dinos witch move faster and have more weight/damage that any wild dino you could tame

Or try to gather  meat behind other player mutated giga and feed your carnivore tames.

Try Ark i recommend you its really fun game..

Maybe you know go the opposite direction to another player already on a meat run and you might see some results....

54 minutes ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Maybe you know go the opposite direction to another player already on a meat run and you might see some results....

You are right, i forgot that i see it on radar.

If i se player in the swamp i should go from opposite direction, simple as building teleporters all around on pilared land for a newcomer who will learn certain engrams  after a year or two.

2 hours ago, Noa said:

You are right, i forgot that i see it on radar.

If i se player in the swamp i should go from opposite direction, simple as building teleporters all around on pilared land for a newcomer who will learn certain engrams  after a year or two.

On second thoughts you would probably be best sobering up before you play and then you might have a good time.

I never say this to people but Ark is an exceptional game.

The key to stopping this is getting good at the game.

Build a better base, make more turrets, make more bullets, tame more things, get better saddles, hit more shots, hit more bolas, win more pick fights, grab more kits. Survive. Some people will have WAAAY better things than you, but skill out matches everything. Except for the mana of course, but nevermind that horrible idiotic, incompetnet mistake by WC.

Simple get better at PvP. This is a world with no rules, just you and the other people in it

On 4/6/2020 at 6:53 PM, hopdevil said:

Is there a way to play this game on official servers without having this happen?  Or are the official servers only good for large clans that have been around forever? 

Try ARKpocalypse, it resets every month. On official you'll never have it your way, even if the server resets you'll be behind pretty much right away and new people will face the same struggles you face now. Official PVP you should try to stay hidden if you want to play there, or play the temp game modes such as ARKpocalypse/ark small tribes/conquest or unofficial. Or of course official PVE if you want to play it your own way on official servers without having to worry about getting pvped

Unplayable PVP

Hello to all those reading, WC if your reading this please note I don't usually make topics I only read what most of the community posts but i have not seen any posts about this.

PVP has become unplayable, like litteraly you can't spawn in a server without having 2-5 dudes in meks shredding stone bases on their way and going on killing sprees. I used to play ark back in the day and I was one of the few who met the golden age of ark where you could have your chance at playing the game, and even eventualy rising up. I also know PVP is about raiding and destroying other peoples stuff but it's a contract we all PVP players do agree. What i don't agree is that it became unplayable even for us experienced players. It's impossible to build anything. Most of the alpha tribes in every server go on killing sprees with manas, wyverns etc.. I had friends buy ARK and they can't even enjoy the game as beach bobs. I was aware about "beginner servers" where the level was strict but i guess it's beginner server forever?? how does that work?? thanks for replying.

On 4/19/2020 at 5:02 AM, Noa said:

Yes please try PVE.

You will get killed by cold and by straving as you cant  put campfire nowhere on map.

Nobody will take you in tribe.

You cant build base as all map is pilared.

All resources spawn are taken.

Your taming and tames will be useless for resource and meat farming as they cant compete with other players high level mutated tames.

Also your tames will be useless because of all nerfs done because PVP servers.

You will full lag because so many structures and mostly because so many changes and nerfs donne because PVP servers.

You will be robbed, structures unlocked and emptied  and also you will loose items, chibis etc on every lag wave as Wild Card  do not care about security - they developed game with PVP as a goal where such thing as security is not needed.

You will learn that support do not exist and if exist such entity who claim to be the "support" then that entity at first most do not help as they are not developers and do not fix bugs and is full of internal polices or " stipulations of compensation " to prevent any help .

Once you get all that PVE experience you will learn to love your PVP server.

Completely foolish post. Look at you listing all the very things that goes on in PvP.  But you see, PvE servers run by the responsible do not ALLOW such foolishness on their servers. We don't have these issues on our servers because, we do not ALLOW it. Admins take an active role. It's as simple as that.  

47 minutes ago, Diggs said:

Completely foolish post. Look at you listing all the very things that goes on in PvP.  But you see, PvE servers run by the responsible do not ALLOW such foolishness on their servers. We don't have these issues on our servers because, we do not ALLOW it. Admins take an active role. It's as simple as that.  

Before commenting please at least read hopdevil thread opening post and what topic is about.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:53 PM, hopdevil said:

I have a two person tribe on an official server.   ...........

Is there a way to play this game on official servers without having this happen?  Or are the official servers only good for large clans that have been around forever? 

Official servers do not have admin.

You are in wrong thread and in wrong forum.

Please post your comments in your private servers forum.

3 hours ago, Noa said:

Before commenting please at least read hopdevil thread opening post and what topic is about.

Official servers do not have admin.

You are in wrong thread and in wrong forum.

Please post your comments in your private servers forum.

Gee its a good thing you are here to keep things together, I might have to call you "the controller" keep things on track when it suits you.

Please note we have good forum mods here that keep things on track properly and dont need your "ASSistance"

On 4/7/2020 at 4:23 AM, hopdevil said:

I have a two person tribe on an official server.   Last night, every single tribe on the server (mostly noobs) had their bases destroyed, their tames killed, and their resources just dumped on the ground.  Literally every single tribe save one was set back to NOTHING.  Dozens of players from the entire server were all having fun until this.  Most of us no longer want to play because there is no way to stop it from happening again.

The guy who did it is from a different server.   His tribe doesn't even play the server I am on.   They just send a guy over periodically to wreck everybody else's base for the implicit purpose of getting them to quit.  What!?  Why do that?  Why go around making sure nobody is playing on a server that you aren't even actively playing?!  Why is this even a thing that high level players can do!?  I was told this is not a bug.... it's a feature!!

This seems like a serious flaw in the game design.  There is no way to fight back.  For the game to be balanced there needs to be a defense against this.   Otherwise, new players have no reason to play.  The reward system that makes playing games worthwhile is obliterated by this flaw.

I'll probably not play anymore unless I discover a way to combat this "feature."   Nothing is fun about pedantically doing the same things over and over with zero chance of advancement.   These "trolls"  don't even gain anything from chasing everybody off the server.   They kill your tames and just dump your resources on the ground then move onto the next tribe.  I don't understand why the developers would not give new players the chance to actually enjoy the game instead of throwing them right into it with level 100 players who's only desire is to chase people off the servers.  Do they not want new players to enjoy their game?

I get that ARK is a hard game.   I don't mind that, I like a challenge.   But one guy should not be able to totally ruin weeks of play for dozens of new players in just a few hours.  That's not fun.   That's not challenging.   That's a broken game.   If I had known this about ARK I never would have bought it.  How can the devs spend so much time making such a unique game and then make it totally unplayable for new players?  It doesn't make sense to me.  Usually, game devs want new people to play their games.  (Glad I didn't buy the DLC since they are probably just as unapproachable.  I was excited to do so until I found out about this flaw in the game servers.)

Any advice would be welcome.   I really enjoy this game, but I am not going to play it when there is no way to advance because it's so unbalanced.  Nor am I going to play solo when I bought it so I can play with my friend.  We'll just find a game that isn't broken.

Sounds like a professional outfit. I'm guessing it was either hired by an ambitious tribe on that very server or a good guerrilla group. It could also be a large alpha tribe on another server sending in its core PVPs to mop up and force players out so it can take over more easily.

The latter is quite common among mega tribes. When I was in one because they had a tonne off alliances and so over half of the Officials servers were officially "off limits" for raiding. On paper anyway, the truth is though what these tribes do is they will allow their dedicated PVP players to raid under different names and with a fake clan name. I used to take my group of killers to various allied servers and wreak havoc because why not. It's good for team building and practicing tactics, its all round great for training. 

You might feel like you are being singled out here but trust me your not. To them you are just another thousandth noob base they've come across and will knock it off within a few minutes. Trust me when you are on these raids you don't even blink when you raid a base, its automatic when you see one whether it be made of wood or Tek. 

My advice to you as a new player would be to join a larger tribe and gain experience. There are a lot of mechanics and tactics that you can learn a faster playing with more experienced players and plus your base won't get deleted as often (it will still happen though).

On 4/19/2020 at 4:08 PM, Diggs said:

Dude, give up on Official altogether. It's a toxic community that WC let's run free. WC doesn't care. As a few others have said, find an UNoffical, modded, PvE server. Many server owners will not tolerate such B.S. on their servers. Grievers get perma-bans the first time. No exceptions. There are a FEW good people on official but, a large portion are the lowbies of society. But again, it falls squarely on the shoulders of WC. They give a flying s!*t what goes on in their servers. They never will. GL.

Unofficial PVP servers are pointless  unless you want to play PVE with a very minor touch of PVP. Unless you know the server owner or are an admin yourself, if you do too good at PVP you will find yourself banned for rules that didn't exist yesterday but suddenly sprung up today and got you banned. It's a complete waste of time. I've tried several and my group banned on each of them. In one particular case the admin told me on TeamSpeak that my group were bad for the server population because we were causing to people to leave. We hadn't broken any of his rules but none the less he said we were no longer welcome and banned us.

On 4/21/2020 at 3:15 AM, Moriquendi32 said:

As others have said there are posts with the same sentiments posted fairly regularly.  In my experience the game can be tough for new players, but new players are definitely welcome and can find a place to build with persistence.  It is definitely not an instant gratification type of game.

I came to playing the game seriously fairly late - Ragnarok was already out.   When I joined an official server I was discouraged at first - I couldn't find anywhere to build and kept starving and dying.  Definitely do not expect to find a prime spot to build right away.  It took a decent  amount of time to find a place to build a small shelter.  Once you do find a place it's really just persistence.  I still see new players building on my server fairly regularly.

You make a good point there. Persistence and determination are key requirement of PVP in this game. Below is a post from a while ago but it is still very relevant today. It's about persistence, determination and ultimately making the correct decisions.

3 man tribe here. Well was.. Given daily we would wake up to a wiped base. We were left alone for 2 days was able to build up 20 heavies around the base with just basic farming tames. Just again to sit back watch 3 manas and a trike take down our whole defense then demo everything after because they were pissed we didn't have anything. I've been playing pvp for years been pretty balanced for the most part. Maybe people are just that bored at this point with everything going on or the game is just that broken. 

Archived