Extinction meant for high level characters?

Syrilian

Our party recently started a private Extinction server with fresh characters and I noticed a few things that make me wonder if perhaps that wasn't a good idea. First, I noticed there are no Scorched Earth engrams. Also, you need a Tek Replicator to produce the enforcers. I know you can kill a titan to get the engram(I think?) but given that the enforcers and scouts are one of the first things encountered, it seems like the map already expects you to have all that stuff already. Also, it seems like having dinos(like gigas) that don't spawn on this map would be very beneficial.  Am I right in assuming the map was designed for imported characters or am I missing something?

On 4/6/2020 at 10:05 AM, Syrilian said:

Our party recently started a private Extinction server with fresh characters and I noticed a few things that make me wonder if perhaps that wasn't a good idea. First, I noticed there are no Scorched Earth engrams. Also, you need a Tek Replicator to produce the enforcers. I know you can kill a titan to get the engram(I think?) but given that the enforcers and scouts are one of the first things encountered, it seems like the map already expects you to have all that stuff already. Also, it seems like having dinos(like gigas) that don't spawn on this map would be very beneficial.  Am I right in assuming the map was designed for imported characters or am I missing something?

I would say that it wouldn't be impossible to survive on Extinction without being a high level, it's just going to be very difficult. Once you tame some lower level dinos something you could try would be to do an easy orbital drop as that will give you some building materials and will really help out with experience.

1 hour ago, StepJohns said:

I would say that it wouldn't be impossible to survive on Extinction without being a high level, it's just going to be very difficult. Once you tame some lower level dinos something you could try would be to do an easy orbital drop as that will give you some building materials and will really help out with experience.

As a solo player I started on extinction with a fresh character on day 1.  In 3 days (real-world) I was level 90 and was already farming element.  If you are having trouble on this map it is your lack of experience in early-game ARK holding you back...not your characters level.

• 5 weeks later...

It was very duable for my tribe. 
But it is always easier with more people.

Just stay in the city till you are confident to travel out. 
You can build the enforcer in the city terminals like Castlerock said.
As soon as you have some decent dinos you can do a yellow or blue drop.

It is hard but it is a survival game, it's not ment to be easy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Desert Titan doesn't need rexes or gigas, since it's spending exactly all of it's time in the air. Your best bet is to use Managarmr's, Quetzals, or Snow owls to bait it into shocking itself.

Forest titan, you can use the small forest wyverns that spawn in the battle against it(but getting to the summon room is gonn be a challenge without a single giga at the very least)

Frost Titan, well yeah, that is gonna be tough. I have heard that if you farm enough element and can keep it in the middle, you can solo it with a decent mek BP, but I have yet to solo it myself without losing everything, because I could not keep it locked into the middle

Archived