mutations Breeding question

Demigod

Breeding question

Currently in the process of getting a Mana line going. The best baby right now has 2 stam mutations and 1 melee mutation, but the patrilineal tree shows 5 mutations. Now i know that I had two food mutations somewhere down the line but those mutations did not carry over to this dino, however the number of mutations still counted.

What can I do about this? I'm hoping to get a good amount of mutations and I can't have food taking up two of the slots when the food stat isnt even being modified. 

The baby is a female. Do i breed her with a wild male to reset the mutation counter or what? Can I even do anything? I mean it's not a massive deal for me but I would just like to get the best out of my mutation line that i can.

The mutations always carry over from the parents even if they dont get the mutation, so even if u breed it with a dino with no mutation the baby will still get all the mutations showing in the tree.

But you can stack mutations past the 20/20 count. Once you hit the mutation cap just breed it with a non mutated one and there will still be a chance for it to be mutated on that side.

you should look it up on youtube, i think syntac got a video about it.

The trick is,  don’t waste time breeding mutated to mutated partners.   That ruins the count for no good reason.   You will hit 20 and have only 6 real mutations by then.

if you keep different mutations and stack them together,  then the count will go up needlessly and you will have trouble keeping all the stats together.  Stat mixing is done last.

Mutation counter will never go down. If you breed a 3 mutation and a 2 mutation dino, the baby will have 5, even if it doesn't even inherit mutated stats. You wanna get a bunch of 0 mutation females with your best stats, and have a line for each stat, so you keep breeding your 1 melee mutation male until you get a 2nd mutation, and that baby replaces the father, repeat until satisfied (it can mutate beyond 20 as long as one parent is under 20)

Okay guys, I think I may be getting the trick here. So I have a male with a stam mutation and only has two mutations in his ancestry (one less mutation shouldn't be a huge issue). I have a line of females with identical stats, all 0 mutations. I bred the male with those females. I ended up with two females with just the stam mutation and one male with a melee mutation.

Tell me if I'm doing this right... I take the stam mutated females and breed them with a 0-mutation male, and I breed the melee male with my line of 0-mutation females. I keep doing this until I get an additional mutation in the stat that I want, then I replace the old mutated one with the new mutated one and keep breeding it with 0-mutation partners. After I have a full stack of mutations, I breed the melee and stam lines together and finally get the dino I want.

This sound about right? Seems like it would take some time to get down. And how would I go about mixing in a third stat, like health, into the lines?

19 hours ago, Demigod said:

This sound about right? Seems like it would take some time to get down. And how would I go about mixing in a third stat, like health, into the lines?

You’ve got it down. If you’re breeding and the mutated dino is female, you’ll probably wanna breed her with a 0 mutation male until you get a male with her mutated stat. Then you can breed him with as many 0 mutation females as you have, because a good mutation is so rare you wanna produce as many babies as possible.

6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Usually you don’t need to mutate stam that far.  The points spent after are worth more than inherited points in stam, oxy...

Manas are kinda an exception, they need a lotta stam 

1 hour ago, Thyme said:

You’ve got it down. If you’re breeding and the mutated dino is female, you’ll probably wanna breed her with a 0 mutation male until you get a male with her mutated stat. Then you can breed him with as many 0 mutation females as you have, because a good mutation is so rare you wanna produce as many babies as possible.

Manas are kinda an exception, they need a lotta stam 

I would disagree a little,  when we are faced with only 360+88 points to spend,  inheriting more points in stam is a loss.  If you go and asb it you’ll see that inheriting say 20 points gets wiped out compared with just spending a handful of points later on on the stat.

Archived