Arbitrary destroying of my base by GM on pve

aadje

Arbitrary destroying of my base by GM on pve

I have two bases on ragnarok388 pve.
Lately i have not been on ragnarok as much as i used to but haven been rendering my bases everyday. Spending time to harvest resources and feeding my dinos.
One day i log on and find on one base a lot of stuff has 'auto decayed'. This should not have happened as i've been around every day on both bases. So much has decayed that it scrolled off my tribelog. When i looked in my cryofridges i found all my dinos died in fridge. The tek replicator which contained a lot of resources and valuables was also gone. This to me was a big loss.
I rebuild part of the base and went to my other base to take care of the other dinos.
Not long after i found that the decay also meant i lost the cave under the lighthouse that was intended to be my waterbase. The cliffplatforms that were there also decayed and someone else immediately moved in and build his stuff up there. the only thing left was my tekgate blocking the entrance of the cave.
I got a bit carried away because all of this and build a second gate on top of the tekgate. it didn't block this person but it made it a bit more inconvenient.

A few days later, when i logged in i found that all the gates around my primary base have been removed with the message that i should stick to the COC.
This opened my base up to everything in the highlands that could be a threat. People who had dinos parked inside my base for protection lost their dinos because a giga came around and killed their dinos. 
My base has always been a safe haven for newcomers as the spawn point was protected from wild dinos, with a small building in which they could find some tools and armor to take. If i was not around there were instructions on a billboard explaining how they could get out of the base.
In other words, i have not blocked any players with my base.
In addition to all this: WC has not only removed all my gates around my base but also the gates on my other base in the redwoods, together with all the tekboxes there and in my main base just 2 tekboxes that contained my element and dust.

So in the last two weeks i've lost close to a thousand dinos in pod and big parts of my 2 bases have been demolished inspite of me being around on a daily base.

On top of this all, some months ago over 2k of element disappeared from my vault (locked in a locked base). I have put in a ticket on this and nobody ever bothered to even reply to this.

This really has put me off ark. There is no fair play on official servers and i do feel like i'm targeted to remove myself from this server.
I've put almost 10k hours the last 18 months in this game building up a good base, helping others start on this server, defending WC inspite of the lag and crashes.
This is how WC repays one of their most loyal customers?
Screw this game.

4 minutes ago, aadje said:

Dat zal best zo wezen, but i have to vent my anger somewhere

Yes, perfect spot to do so. Alleen zijn er hier weer van die kneusjes die je ongelijk geven. 

Got a couple of friends wich happened the same. If you need help getting on your feet, send me a pm. Our alliance has gotten strong on PvE to help out these cases with our own animals. Sends us screenshots of what happened, en we zorgen ervoor dat je snel up and running bent ;)

@piffguru : yes, fridges were unpowered, but how was i supposed to know this was a bug WC has not bothered to fix. i do know now but it's to late for those dinos i lost.

@ captyarrr : thank you ever so much for the offer, but with what has happened i'm not sure i desire to play on official any longer.

@ deeedoubleu : yes, i'm sure it was them causing this hassle, but remove only the gate to the cave would have been understandable. what is unbelievable is they removed also the gates around my base and the base in the redwood which are not even close to this cave and removing the tek storage boxes. As if trying to prevent me from rebuilding. i feel this is just like theft and gives me a very bitter taste in my mouth towards WC

8 minutes ago, aadje said:

@piffguru : yes, fridges were unpowered, but how was i supposed to know this was a bug WC has not bothered to fix. i do know now but it's to late for those dinos i lost.

No I get it, thats why I read the forums and bug reports often so I can be aware of these problems before I have to find out the hard way. Also I make a point to tell people about things like this when it comes up so more people are aware.

The biggest hurdle/learning curve in this game are the bugs and glitches that require extra knowledge of how to maneuver around the problems. Never had to hawk the bugs section of a forum before but I also never played such a broken game before either. Sorry for ur losses

• Volunteer Moderator
58 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

to their friendly GM who also opened your vault for them earlier. or maybe that GM was just bribed, I always suspected some of them have "unofficial payroll".

This simply make no sense at all. You really think an admin would go around unlocking vaults so that their friends can take the stuff? Really? Why would they go to so much trouble when they could spawn the stuff directly. Not to mention that everything they do is logged and heavily monitored. But yeah, claiming they go around unlocking structures for others is probably one of the most ridiculous conspiracies I heard in a while. ?

55 minutes ago, aadje said:

yes, fridges were unpowered, but how was i supposed to know this was a bug WC has not bothered to fix. i do know now but it's to late for those dinos i lost.

More info about the powering behaviours in the following thread:

56 minutes ago, aadje said:

yes, i'm sure it was them causing this hassle, but remove only the gate to the cave would have been understandable. what is unbelievable is they removed also the gates around my base and the base in the redwood which are not even close to this cave and removing the tek storage boxes. As if trying to prevent me from rebuilding. i feel this is just like theft and gives me a very bitter taste in my mouth towards WC

The fact some of your structures were removed along with the gates is an oversight. Basically, they don't go around removing structures one by one and use a command that targets structure with a fixed amount of connections. You can learn more about it in the following thread:

9 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

The fact some of your structures were removed along with the gates is an oversight. Basically, they don't go around removing structures one by one and use a command that targets structure with a fixed amount of connections

The 2 gates where on top of eachother. No need to hit a delete all button. I fail to see how deleting gates also targets tek storage. On top of that not all tek storage got deleted but those in the base which was very far away all tek boxes were removed and in the base closer by only those containing element dust. I don't believe they stole it for own 'use' but they just simply removed it to prevent me from rebuilding. I have seen GMs coming to the map and only removing one single pillar that was in the way. That could have easily happened here too. On top of all that, that gate was there before they moved in. WC made my cliff platforms decay and because half my base decayed i didn't see those in my tribelog. Those 'ticket makers' just took over the cave and decided the previous owner was a nuisance and that gate had to go.

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This simply make no sense at all. You really think an admin would go around unlocking vaults so that their friends can take the stuff? Really? Why would they go to so much trouble when they could spawn the stuff directly. Not to mention that everything they do is logged and heavily monitored. But yeah, claiming they go around unlocking structures for others is probably one of the most ridiculous conspiracies I heard in a while.

I only have suspicions, no proof and I didn't claim otherwise. How can you be sure it wasn't the case though?  It might be improbable, but surely not impossible.

Why open instead of just spawning? I have no idea how GM actions log looks like. Might be easier to camouflage wrongdoings by opening a vault or just giving away it's pincode(readonly action = no logging, something like that). Or simply for griefing/trolling purpose. Who knows.

Alright, I'll take your word for it and assume it's highly unlikely. Vault opening aside, there is nothing unbelievable in GMs having friends, giving some players special treatment or blindly enforcing without thinking if it is actually justified. Most of CoC rules are vague enough to be interpreted however you wish, depending on GM's mood.

2 hours ago, aadje said:

My base has always been a safe haven for newcomers as the spawn point was protected from wild dinos, with a small building in which they could find some tools and armor to take. If i was not around there were instructions on a billboard explaining how they could get out of the base.

That sounds like a base type I often see. Large areas surounded with behemoth gates with no real purpose, just the "My land" attitude.

And if others have to read "instructions" if they only want to leave then there is something wrong. Blocking cave entrances with gates is also bad manner in my eyes. Caves are dungeons or resource places for all and no one should blocking the entrances. Saying you only want to ptotect newbies from the bad ARK world sounds like a false excuse.

We all know that too much structures and dinos are causing lag, therefore we all should build small and efficient bases and keep our dinos in fridges.

7 hours ago, aadje said:

The 2 gates where on top of eachother. No need to hit a delete all button. I fail to see how deleting gates also targets tek storage. On top of that not all tek storage got deleted but those in the base which was very far away all tek boxes were removed and in the base closer by only those containing element dust. I don't believe they stole it for own 'use' but they just simply removed it to prevent me from rebuilding. I have seen GMs coming to the map and only removing one single pillar that was in the way. That could have easily happened here too. On top of all that, that gate was there before they moved in. WC made my cliff platforms decay and because half my base decayed i didn't see those in my tribelog. Those 'ticket makers' just took over the cave and decided the previous owner was a nuisance and that gate had to go.

Gateway with gate is counted as 2 structures together and if GM is doing 2 buildings connected demolition like they in case of pillar removing, every structure piece that are 2 connected pieces will go poof. 2 tek storages together= poof. Gates that are not built on fence foundations tomcount as 3 piece structure= poof. They are not gonna go all over your base to look for offending pillars etc. They just use the delete on offending gate, pillar etc. Rest is collateral damage.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

I only have suspicions, no proof and I didn't claim otherwise. How can you be sure it wasn't the case though?  It might be improbable, but surely not impossible.

My eyes hurt from the reflection of your tinfoil hats, let me first put my glasses on. ?

There is more chance a wild Ferox learned how to make a transmitter by killing and looting a Pego that had previously stolen a blueprint from an unsuspected survivor, transferred from Genesis to Ragnarok, meshed into their base, cracked the vault open and ate all the elements before transferring back than a GM purposely unlocking a vault for someone else. I mean c'mon, do you really think they care the slightest about player's in-game politics, real estate pillaring, wannabe alpha statuses and loot so much that they would risk their real-life job over it? Hint; they most certainly don't. And probably want to get as far as they possibly can from the game as soon as their shift ends.

God bless for legacies where this kind of bullpoop doesnt exist. Weaponized reporting on top of everything else, really not my cup of tea.

On the other hand, I know how it feels. I log in every 4 days for regular feeding of my dinos on all servers, I stay around 30-40 minutes on each in case of rollback. Still, 3 of my bases decayed, all dinos were gone. Happened for exti, valguero and ragnarok. Island and aberration were fine and I visited all of them at the same time. After 4 days, not after 7-8 days. And the tribe log still said it all decayed.

• Volunteer Moderator
42 minutes ago, Erinn said:

Weaponized reporting on top of everything else, really not my cup of tea.

This is not really weaponized reporting as OP was indeed blocking someone established in a cave they were no longer owning and thus breaking the CoC. To be honest, this whole thread is the same as if I was saying that I missed my alarm and was late for work. Being late, I was driving faster than usual and got pulled over. Now I go on about claiming how that officer must have sneaked into my house to turn off my alarm so that they can not only pull me over, but also to get me fired or forcing me to quit because their friend want my job. I was speeding and got punished for it. OP was blocking someone and was punished for it. End of story.

7 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This is not really weaponized reporting as OP was indeed blocking someone established in a cave they were no longer owning and thus breaking the CoC. To be honest, this whole thread is the same as if I was saying that I missed my alarm and was late for work. Being late, I was driving faster than usual and got pulled over. Now I go on about claiming how that officer must have sneaked into my house to turn off my alarm so that they can not only pull me over, but also to get me fired or forcing me to quit because their friend want my job. I was speeding and got punished for it. OP was blocking someone and was punished for it. End of story.

You forgot the part where the officer destroyed half of your house after issuing you that moving violation.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Masurao said:

You forgot the part where the officer destroyed half of your house after issuing you that moving violation.

The speeding ticket I got came with an increase of my car insurance payments as collateral. The same way their unsnapped structures and gates were deleted as collateral, as explained above.

Archived