Magmasaur stats

Smicknasty

just to see what would happen, on my first raised magmasaur i stuck a point into melee, it only went up 0.8%, i was like ... wow... worst increase ever on any dino... don't think i've seen any other dino go up so low on adding melee before except maybe a compy... actually... i think compy's get more...

weight seems very important on them as they fill up fast with materials when using for harvesting. but they aren't very powerful i think, the test magmasaur had 154% melee and it was a struggle for it to take out a level 15 rhino.  there is no knockback for the normal attack. I haven't done a ranged attack with it as of yet.  I do have better magmasaurs raising now then my test one, but i don't expect their fighting skills to be much better.

after playing with it for awhile, far as harvesting goes, they seem closer to a anky then a doedic, which goes with what I thought about them, glorified large anky's.  they do harvest alot more resources on genesis then a anky however, 5 metal nodes and 1.5k weight was filled and then some.

They deal explosive damage, followed by fragmentation and DoT. A Magmasaur with imprint and 290% Melee will deal more than 2k per fireball, counting everything.That's their main offensive tool. Aside from PvP, Rock Elementals and Extinction Titans are very vulnerable against this attack.

They can also heal with Ambergris.

Whatever they harvest, they are the best at harvesting (except Stone), HOWEVER they are very limited in what they farm: Stone, Metal, Obsidian.

7 hours ago, TorakWolf said:

HOWEVER they are very limited in what they farm: Stone, Metal, Obsidian.

I know that's true for metal firsthand, but haven't checked up against Obsidian. They also pop up in more categories on the Dododex gathering efficiency page, but I'm not sure how their rating system works. It places the magmasaur below the anky on metal gathering efficiency though I have witnessed myself how it gets about 20-30% more metal per rock over my anky. So not sure about what I'm saying, but I think it also gathers oil and probably more stuff than just the 3 you listed. Or do you know firsthand?

On 4/6/2020 at 3:07 AM, TorakWolf said:

Whatever they harvest, they are the best at harvesting (except Stone), HOWEVER they are very limited in what they farm: Stone, Metal, Obsidian.

And wood, they get tons of wood apparently. Im constantly dropping rows of wood while trying to hit the obsidian nodes surrounded by little burnt trees in the volcano biome.

• 11 months later...

Archived