How to remove the difference in levels of tek ceilings?

Flay

How to remove the difference in levels of tek ceilings?

Hello i have little question, maybe someone can help me:

My base is built on pillars, I use tek ceilings as a floor.
But now I need to add corner tek ceilings.
I ran into a problem: the corner ceiling is set a little higher, and I can’t get a flat floor.
This problem happens when the ceiling is installed on the foundation, but I'm trying to connect the corner ceiling to the ceiling and not the foundation.

Perhaps someone can offer a solution - how to lower the corner ceiling a little.
But this should still be one complete building.

unknown.png

You have to create a lower snap point. There are several ways described in Youtube videos (google for raise/lower foundations).

As I can see it from the screenshot I would replace the foundation with a pillar-carried ceiling. If you have problems to get the pillar below the ceiling you can add a temporary pillar into the ceiling to create another and lower snappoint. You can also try to add a temporary pillar into the foundation what also creates a lower snappoint.

In general it's best for perfectionists to not use foundations but always pillar-carried ceilings. To get a perfect flat base platform I only build the first pillar from bottom to top, and all others from top to bottom. I use a lot of temporary pillars to create lower and higher snappoints. It's all a bit tricky, for the lower snappoints you often have to stand and look in the right angle to get them.

2 hours ago, Zapha said:

You have to create a lower snap point. There are several ways described in Youtube videos (google for raise/lower foundations).

As I can see it from the screenshot I would replace the foundation with a pillar-carried ceiling. If you have problems to get the pillar below the ceiling you can add a temporary pillar into the ceiling to create another and lower snappoint. You can also try to add a temporary pillar into the foundation what also creates a lower snappoint.

In general it's best for perfectionists to not use foundations but always pillar-carried ceilings. To get a perfect flat base platform I only build the first pillar from bottom to top, and all others from top to bottom. I use a lot of temporary pillars to create lower and higher snappoints. It's all a bit tricky, for the lower snappoints you often have to stand and look in the right angle to get them.

Do you mean a method with a pillar and foundations for lowering?
alas it does not work.
Clearance is higher than necessary.

Try wooden and metal ceilings.
Wooden - smooth.
Metal and tech - no.

this metod not work, need metod where change level very low

ps. the foundation in the screenshot acts like a pillar, a ceiling above it, it’s just impossible to put a pillar there.

4 hours ago, HenryManson said:

triangles are always higher for some reason -.- , but you should get a flush snappoint when snapping the triangle ceiling onto one or between two walls , instead of snapping it to a ceiling! (works for stone triangles atleast)

not work on metal and tek , because tek and metal celling have little lower model vs stone and wood

Archived