What would you want to see added into a Araneo TLC?

Scribelord

What would you want to see added into a Araneo TLC?

I wasn't originally planning on making one for the Araneo especially so far apart from the other discussions I made but recently I saw a very well designed fan art for the Araneo and I honestly thought it was perfect and what I honestly had in mind for a Araneo TLC from design to abilities so I decided why not just make a discussion about it and see what people thought could work for it.

This image has the perfect design I had in my head and it has alot of stuff that I think could work for the Araneo, the resize looks fantastic and perfectly sized, the icon looks amazing and all the abilities would suit really well for the Araneo. 

Personally If I could pick I think the web ability hindering certain creatures depending on size would be fantastic and would make the Araneo unique alongside a weight reduction on keratin and chitin to help it in weight and the ability to spit venom like how the dossier says as well as the ability to climb on walls and just a general stat buff I think would be quite nice.

Tell me what you think should be given to the Araneo and if you like anything in specific from this fantastic fan art because I think it's official TLC quality and deserved to be brought up just by how well it's been thought out and designed.

ark_tlcs___araneomorphus_by_djaymasi_ddo4qmj-fullview.jpg

I love the concept art as it does look like an actual spider and not the "thing" we have right now. I would simply give it much darker tone like real spiders, which in turn would increase the fear factor a lot more, at least in my book. Just google up the latrodectus. :)

As you also stated, it needs to climb walls and I would also add ceillings to its capabilities.

#1 From my understanding, it looks like an ability to lay down temporary ziplines, which is great idea. Alternatively, the charged jump of the bloodstalker could be put to good use there as it's hardly used on the stalker anyways.

#2B & 2C All great ideas and I believe it would give the creature a niche roll if it could be used as an organic bola against medium-sized creatures. Right now, you have the chain bola which is also not a very used item.

#2 Another cool idea that could be used to disable the bite form large predators (rexes, gigas) for a few seconds. The larger the creature, the less time it would last.

#2A Won't happen because we have the bloodstalker. An option could be to allow the araneo to attach a web line to the ceiling and be able to lower/raise itself at will until stamina runs out. Imagine an araneo suddenly dropping from the ceilling to pick you up  while trekking in a cave... very reminescent from cave leeches in Deep Space Galactic.

20 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

I love the concept art as it does look like an actual spider and not the "thing" we have right now. I would simply give it much darker tone like real spiders, which in turn would increase the fear factor a lot more, at least in my book. Just google up the latrodectus. :)

As you also stated, it needs to climb walls and I would also add ceillings to its capabilities.

#1 From my understanding, it looks like an ability to lay down temporary ziplines, which is great idea. Alternatively, the charged jump of the bloodstalker could be put to good use there as it's hardly used on the stalker anyways.

#2B & 2C All great ideas and I believe it would give the creature a niche roll if it could be used as an organic bola against medium-sized creatures. Right now, you have the chain bola which is also not a very used item.

#2 Another cool idea that could be used to disable the bite form large predators (rexes, gigas) for a few seconds. The larger the creature, the less time it would last.

#2A Won't happen because we have the bloodstalker. An option could be to allow the araneo to attach a web line to the ceiling and be able to lower/raise itself at will until stamina runs out. Imagine an araneo suddenly dropping from the ceilling to pick you up  while trekking in a cave... very reminescent from cave leeches in Deep Space Galactic.

Yea I agree on the color of the body it could be abit darker.

I think the web bola ability would be so incredibly useful though and is probably my favorite because it would make it one of if not the best creatures to use to tame other creatures and would probably even become as valuable as something like a anky in my opinion.

Like why struggle trying to tame a raptor and wasting resources on bolas and tranqs when you can web it to the ground making your life far easier or by preventing a rex from attacking giving you a brief period of time to retreat to a safer distance to tranq it or just make it generally more safer to tame it and etc. 

Not only that but the Araneos bite also deals torpor damage too which would definitely help in taming creatures and make it so incredibly valuable just in general.

• 2 months later...

An idea I had thought of would be the ability to lay traps (webs) down on the ground which will create a slow or bola type effect on dinos and humans that just run through it. Additionally if the araneo stays connected to the trap it creates and hidden alarm system to alert the player similar to tripwire alarms where they are alerted but the player that activates it wouldn't know for sure if the trap they had just activated was connected to an araneo or not.

Yes to all of this! It would be nice if they were a good travel mount. Right now, thylas, rock drakes, and enforcers are the only reliable ground mounts for long-distance travel. If they could climb walls, zipline, and stop large predators, they would be easily able to escape what they can't fight. Also, more damage health, and torpor overall. A high-level should be able to knockout a rex with web bolas and torpor. Maybe a "latch" like a deinochuys, for large predators only, which steadily raises torpor. Smaller creatures can't be latched, meaning they won't be too OP. 

• 2 months later...

When I'm on a araneo its movement feels so limited.
So I think Spiderman like grapping and being able to climb steeper inclines (eg whatever a rex could climb).
It's web attack is ok'ish but its normal attack needs to do a lot more torpor. They need to really boost this on Pulmonoscorpius as well. I mean like a lot.
A high level araneo should be able to knock out a mid level rex.

2 hours ago, Moozoo said:

When I'm on a araneo its movement feels so limited.
So I think Spiderman like grapping and being able to climb steeper inclines (eg whatever a rex could climb).
It's web attack is ok'ish but its normal attack needs to do a lot more torpor. They need to really boost this on Pulmonoscorpius as well. I mean like a lot.
A high level araneo should be able to knock out a mid level rex.

I agree, but I'd go a step farther and say that it would be better to give it true climbing, as opposed to just being able to walk up more steep slopes.

• 2 months later...

In my opinion. The araneo should climb walls and use it's silk to dangle from walls but not swing like the bloodstalker. It should be pathetically weak like a real spider but have potent and lethal venom that could potentially kill dinos. Also get rid of the annoying giggling noises when they shoot silk and die.

• 6 months later...

I feel that the confirmation of future TLC updates and addition of gen-2 in-game features, this topic should be bumped once more. The Araneo is absolutely in need of a TLC and I think that the new net gun presents an interesting possibility. Much like the image in the OP suggests, I believe that a static web trap could provide the Araneo with a great use as a taming creature. Imagine being able to place a timed structure that upon making contact with a creature, traps them in the same fashion as the net gun. It would be relatively simple to add, as the ensnared models are already present, and provides a great use for a currently niche tame. Any thoughts?

Archived