PvP/PvE Dino Tier List

FaneBlackwing

12 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

i think that either standared or + would work, because as i said, once you get the infrastructure, Sweet veggie cakes are not hard at all

EDIT: it turns out that SVCs take 4 sap and not the 7 i thought. which means that 4 taps can get you 20 cake each time they fill up/ Also, i should probably mention that the cakes restore a lot of the snail's food, so it won't be eating them like other dinos eat rexes or berries

I think A+ would be a good spot then!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd recommend bumping the Therizino up to S- or S Tier for PvP.

While it's not as outright powerful as some other tames, it has two huge advantages: Veggie Cakes and Armor Penetration. The effectiveness of the former obviously depends on the HP stat and how quickly they're taking damage, so it may not always be useful, but combined with the armor penetration of the Therizino it means it can essentially go toe-to-toe with anything short of a Giga, Titan, or Reaper and come out on top. Therizinos also have the (limited) ability to break stone, which isn't immensely helpful considering the damage reduction to their attacks, but seeing as few other creatures have that ability, it's worth mentioning. The major downside here, though, is the relative difficulty of taming and breeding them compared to Rexes, which tend to be cheaper tames (due to prevalence of Prime, Mutton, relatively easy to obtain kibble) with lower resource demands and quicker to breed as well. Rexes also have (or had, haven't tested with the new Rex) a better AOE, though it's not so giant as to sway the fight in their favour.

In short, Therizinos are honestly better choices than Rexes (TLC abilities notwithstanding, though I don't think those will drastically change the meta) in a plain PvP scenario, but Rexes will give you more bang for your buck, so I'd still rate them higher than the Therizino.

28 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

Took a while but I finished the + and - mini tiers for every tier! Please check and see if everything looks fine!

Also since the TLC update dropped today, I'll give it about a week or two until everyone decides whether creatures need raised tiers or not! :)

Ok.

S+ Tier:No mention of Paracer or Giga in the S+ tier, despite the fact that those two dinos, alone, are more vital to any major raid then literally any of the dinos you have in the S+ tier. Rexes are only used in Raids when Gigas can't be. Gigas are, in the vast majority of PvP (Until the upcoming nerfs) superior in every way.

S Tier: Mention Tapejaras here due to the fact that the only reason Titanos are really relevant are due to their ease of taming due to tek tape. Without them, Titanos are not worth the time and effort in the vast vast majority of PvP. Rock Elementals are borderline useless in any case as a Paracer and/or Tuso is going to be better in any non-iso SE server, for ranged damage, Wyverns and Basilisks are better (And in SE only, Morello and Paracers are still better tanking dinos). 

S-: I have literally, in over 11k hours of PvP, seen someone use a Pheonix in any form of non-lul troll PvP. Stego should probably go up to S Tier, as they are better tanks then Paracers, but suffer from picking. Also much better tanks then Rock Elemental. Would consider upping Tuso to S tier, by far the strongest dino in the game (Yes, it beats Gigas). 

A+ Tier: Mention the fact that Kentros are perhaps the only reliable way to enrage a Giga in a fair combat situation. Remove Doed, it's a PvE dino outclassed in tanking ability by no less then a dozen dinos.

A Tier: Arthro is useless as it can't hit anything moving more then half a foot a minute. Karkinos needs to be in the S tier, as it is the best PvP tame on Aberration iso, and a solid tame outside of it for fights due to its ability to pick riders off anything in Aberration. Mention the Reapers ability to ground fliers. 

A- Tier: Therizino deserves to be far higher on this list, as it is competitive, if not straight superior to the Rex for the majority of PvP content.

B Tier: Baryonyx needs to have its rank upped. At least A, if not S tier. It is the strongest, in practice, water mount in the game in 1v1 encounters due to its ability to permanently stunlock and dismount other water dinos. Wholly Rhino needs to be in A Tier. A very common, and effective, anti-personnel mount with easy one shot potential.  Consider mentioning that Megas are A tier in Aberration Iso as they still remain the most powerful combat mount on the map with breeding and mateboost. 

C Tier: Consider upgrading Argentavis ranking to be slightly below Ptera. Argents are extremely effective in actual fighting situations, due to the common place use of Gigas, which can easily 2-3 shot Pteras. Argents inherently higher HP gives them more operating time, and less of a suicide tame. 

F- Tier: Chargelight pets are extremely powerful for dealing with griefers on a server due to their ability to give, what amounts to, a primitive tek helmet effect by detecting hostile players. Also turns Reapers, which are fairly useful and seen in PvP, into paper. Easily the best and most useful shoulder mount, so it should be ranked above those, at the very least. 

5 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Ok.

S+ Tier:No mention of Paracer or Giga in the S tier, despite the fact that those two dinos, alone, are more vital to any major raid then literally any of the dinos you have in the S+ tier. Rexes are only used in Raids when Gigas can't be. Gigas are, in the vast majority of PvP (Until the upcoming nerfs) superior in every way.

S Tier: Mention Tapejaras here due to the fact that the only reason Titanos are really relevant are due to their ease of taming due to tek tape. Without them, Titanos are not worth the time and effort in the vast vast majority of PvP. Rock Elementals are borderline useless in any case as a Paracer and/or Tuso is going to be better in any non-iso SE server, for ranged damage, Wyverns and Basilisks are better (And in SE only, Morello and Paracers are still better tanking dinos). 

S-: I have literally, in over 11k hours of PvP, seen someone use a Pheonix in any form of non-lul troll PvP. Stego should probably go up to S Tier, as they are better tanks then Paracers, but suffer from picking. Also much better tanks then Rock Elemental. Would consider upping Tuso to S tier, by far the strongest dino in the game (Yes, it beats Gigas). 

A+ Tier: Mention the fact that Kentros are perhaps the only reliable way to enrage a Giga in a fair combat situation. Remove Doed, it's a PvE dino outclassed in tanking ability by no less then a dozen dinos.

A Tier: Arthro is useless as it can't hit anything moving more then half a foot a minute. Karkinos needs to be in the S tier, as it is the best PvP tame on Aberration iso, and a solid tame outside of it for fights due to its ability to pick riders off anything in Aberration. Mention the Reapers ability to ground fliers. 

A- Tier: Therizino deserves to be far higher on this list, as it is competitive, if not straight superior to the Rex for the majority of PvP content.

B Tier: Baryonyx needs to have its rank upped. At least A, if not S tier. It is the strongest, in practice, water mount in the game in 1v1 encounters due to its ability to permanently stunlock and dismount other water dinos. Wholly Rhino needs to be in A Tier. A very common, and effective, anti-personnel mount with easy one shot potential.  Consider mentioning that Megas are A tier in Aberration Iso as they still remain the most powerful combat mount on the map with breeding and mateboost. 

C Tier: Consider upgrading Argentavis ranking to be slightly below Ptera. Argents are extremely effective in actual fighting situations, due to the common place use of Gigas, which can easily 2-3 shot Pteras. Argents inherently higher HP gives them more operating time, and less of a suicide tame. 

F- Tier: Chargelight pets are extremely powerful for dealing with griefers on a server due to their ability to give, what amounts to, a primitive tek helmet effect by detecting hostile players. Also turns Reapers, which are fairly useful and seen in PvP, into paper. Easily the best and most useful shoulder mount, so it should be ranked above those, at the very least. 

So do you suggest I drop Rex to S and bump up Paracer + Giga to S+? That can be done.

Titanos are only in S tier for their demo potential, like I said, they are limited tames, but their raw power and strength is enough to wipe out stone-tier tribes. Tape's are up there for their mobility that's really only rivaled by the Griffin.(Which ranks higher)

I put Rock Elementals in S tier for the reason that it's a Scorched Earth native, so it's being judged solely based on that map alone. It would easily be ranked a lot lower in other maps, but it's one of the few tames that actually destroy stone in SE, which is quite valuable. As for the Phoenix, how lower should it rate? A tier? B tier?

Will add that in on the Kentros! As for Doeds, PvP doesn't take PvE into consideration at all, and the Doed does have great tanking abilities. Perhaps it should drop to A- or B+?

Noted on the Arthro, I think it's armor degrading attacks are still extremely valuable for base defenses though. Maybe A-?

I was considering putting Karkinos up to S tier, but was a little wary of doing so, I wasn't sure if it was that amazing of a tame in PvP, but I'll definitely bump it up. Will do on the Reaper as well.

Where do you think the Therizino should place? Maybe S tier along with the Rex?

Totally forgot about the Bary's stunlock. I remembered the stun, but thought the stunlock was fixed in a patch. It definitely does deserve A tier. I had Woolly Rhino up higher than that a while ago, but many people disagreed saying it wasn't that great. I'll definitely consider bumping it up to A tier. Also, I already have a mininote on the Megalosaurus about it being far better in Aberration!

So A- for the Argent?

Oooh! I hadn't known about that for the Chargelight Pets. How much higher would you rank it?

3 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

So do you suggest I drop Rex to S and bump up Paracer + Giga to S+? That can be done.

Titanos are only in S tier for their demo potential, like I said, they are limited tames, but their raw power and strength is enough to wipe out stone-tier tribes. Tape's are up there for their mobility that's really only rivaled by the Griffin.(Which ranks higher)

I put Rock Elementals in S tier for the reason that it's a Scorched Earth native, so it's being judged solely based on that map alone. It would easily be ranked a lot lower in other maps, but it's one of the few tames that actually destroy stone in SE, which is quite valuable. As for the Phoenix, how lower should it rate? A tier? B tier?

Will add that in on the Kentros! As for Doeds, PvP doesn't take PvE into consideration at all, and the Doed does have great tanking abilities. Perhaps it should drop to A- or B+?

Noted on the Arthro, I think it's armor degrading attacks are still extremely valuable for base defenses though. Maybe A-?

I was considering putting Karkinos up to S tier, but was a little wary of doing so, I wasn't sure if it was that amazing of a tame in PvP, but I'll definitely bump it up. Will do on the Reaper as well.

Where do you think the Therizino should place? Maybe S tier along with the Rex?

Totally forgot about the Bary's stunlock. I remembered the stun, but thought the stunlock was fixed in a patch. It definitely does deserve A tier. I had Woolly Rhino up higher than that a while ago, but many people disagreed saying it wasn't that great. I'll definitely consider bumping it up to A tier. Also, I already have a mininote on the Megalosaurus about it being far better in Aberration!

So A- for the Argent?

Oooh! I hadn't known about that for the Chargelight Pets. How much higher would you rank it?

I haven't PvP'd since the latest patch, so I don't know, exactly, if the Giga nerf is in yet. If it is, then I would put both in S tier somewhere, but if it's not, the Giga needs to be above the Rex, as it's literally an almost completely superior dino in almost all regards.

Titanos are good for their demo potential, but I'll be honest, it just seems like mentioning that they will be vastly harder to tame once the tek tape nerf goes through, and its rank should reflect it. For most tribes, if you are taming a Titano, it's better to just shoot the cannonballs at the enemy base. 

The problem with Rock Elementals is that, while it is the only one that can break stone, it doesn't justify that high of a ranking due to the ease of accessibility to explosives and the existence of a Cannon. S Tier should be reserved for dinos that are the best in their respective categories, and those categories (IMO) should be fairly applicable. Rock Elementals are extremely niche, and seeing some dinos (Such as Stego) not getting to S tier, it's hard to justify putting a third tier tank there for its niche ability to damage stone.

The problem with Doeds is that they only ball up at 10%? of their life remaining, and while it does get a 90% reduction at that point, it's worth pointing out that Pachy Rhinos and Trikes both have (85?%) damage reduction on their heads, and they can block riders from being shot. While the doed is a *decent* tank, if the only reason it is their is its tanking ability, it needs to be brought down a bit. It's also worth noting their counter synergy with the major player in tanking, Sweet Cakes and HP Regen, as they unball as soon as they get above 10% life from the cakes, and thus burn through them faster then a turtle/trike/stego. 

For the Therizino, I'd place it above the Rex, but where those two should go is debatable due to the current set of nerfs set to go live for the Giga. If the nerfs for the Giga make it unusable in PvP, the relative power of the Rex/Theri skyrocket. However if Gigas remain a staple in raids, they will outclass the Rex/Theri to a fairly meaningful degree. Sweet Cakes are a major factor in determining the relative value of Theri vs Rex, and it means a lot. 

As for Chargelights, it depends. A lot. They aren't useful in a lot of PvP, as most PvP is fairly heads up, but for hunting down people, Chargelight pets are extremely useful, and underrated. Personally, I never fly around without one, as the utility they have from the light, to the enemy player detection, is far and above what any other shoulder pet provides. I'd personally rank them a solid B+ to A, but people might disagree with me there. They are certainly far more useful then an F- though. 

8 hours ago, iAmE said:

I haven't PvP'd since the latest patch, so I don't know, exactly, if the Giga nerf is in yet. If it is, then I would put both in S tier somewhere, but if it's not, the Giga needs to be above the Rex, as it's literally an almost completely superior dino in almost all regards.

Titanos are good for their demo potential, but I'll be honest, it just seems like mentioning that they will be vastly harder to tame once the tek tape nerf goes through, and its rank should reflect it. For most tribes, if you are taming a Titano, it's better to just shoot the cannonballs at the enemy base. 

The problem with Rock Elementals is that, while it is the only one that can break stone, it doesn't justify that high of a ranking due to the ease of accessibility to explosives and the existence of a Cannon. S Tier should be reserved for dinos that are the best in their respective categories, and those categories (IMO) should be fairly applicable. Rock Elementals are extremely niche, and seeing some dinos (Such as Stego) not getting to S tier, it's hard to justify putting a third tier tank there for its niche ability to damage stone.

The problem with Doeds is that they only ball up at 10%? of their life remaining, and while it does get a 90% reduction at that point, it's worth pointing out that Pachy Rhinos and Trikes both have (85?%) damage reduction on their heads, and they can block riders from being shot. While the doed is a *decent* tank, if the only reason it is their is its tanking ability, it needs to be brought down a bit. It's also worth noting their counter synergy with the major player in tanking, Sweet Cakes and HP Regen, as they unball as soon as they get above 10% life from the cakes, and thus burn through them faster then a turtle/trike/stego. 

For the Therizino, I'd place it above the Rex, but where those two should go is debatable due to the current set of nerfs set to go live for the Giga. If the nerfs for the Giga make it unusable in PvP, the relative power of the Rex/Theri skyrocket. However if Gigas remain a staple in raids, they will outclass the Rex/Theri to a fairly meaningful degree. Sweet Cakes are a major factor in determining the relative value of Theri vs Rex, and it means a lot. 

As for Chargelights, it depends. A lot. They aren't useful in a lot of PvP, as most PvP is fairly heads up, but for hunting down people, Chargelight pets are extremely useful, and underrated. Personally, I never fly around without one, as the utility they have from the light, to the enemy player detection, is far and above what any other shoulder pet provides. I'd personally rank them a solid B+ to A, but people might disagree with me there. They are certainly far more useful then an F- though. 

I do believe the Giga nerfs went live yesterday, but I feel that's *too* early to justify a dropping or anything of the likes. Gotta let the new changes and everything settle, after all the Bronto, Dunkle, Paracer, and Stego all got nerfs to their tankiness as well.

I'll defo put a side note on the Titano mentioning the taming difficulty and despite it being S tier for all it can do, it's usually NOT worth it at the moment.

True, I think A tier would probably be a bit more reasonable for the Rock Elemental.

Ah! Yes Sweet Veggie Cake(Totally forgot about the healing it does, been a very long time) does indeed counteract the Doed's tankiness compared to others. Also I thought it balled up a little earlier than that, might only be when wild I guess. I'll definitely drop it in the rankings much further since the Trike and Pachyrhino are more effective.

I'd probably place it above the Rex then. The Veggie Cake definitely makes the Therizino much better.

I'll try placing them around B tier then, since that is a pretty specific niche it has, albeit a very useful one though.

Thanks a bunch on the feedback btw! I'd love to get this tier list put into shape a lot better. :)

So how much is "Fun" Taken into account? because on fun alone, the rockdrake on Ragnarok should be in A tier alone. While It does lose some of it's mobility due to leaving it's home caves, It's the perfect balance of flying and running mount. it's glide is fast, I'm not sure how fast, I'll have to look into it more, but when you're angled so you're losing minimal momentum, you have to e going atleast as fast as a sprinting pteranadon, i would think. It's climb allows for easy navigation up Ragnarok's many cliffs and mountains, therefore making it easier to get somewhere high enough so you can travel across large distances at once. and as i said, it's fun. dashing between stone outcroppings, redwood trees, and cliffs is way more immersive than just pressing W with a flier and landing once in a while. and you don't have to deal with the frustration that can be having to navigate around things like cliffs or Canyons. it's the best of both worlds! oh, and i suppose the invisibility's nice. Keep in mind, the reason i specify Ragnarok is because the island has much less terrain varity, so it ouldn't be as mobile/fun there, and i haven't played on the center in forever, this may also apply there. and i don't think i need to explain this is for PvE.

And while I'm talking about Rock drakes, I'm surprised you didn't mention the fact that you can use weapons while on rock drakes, even if you're upside down. it really is a nice feature.

On 2/11/2018 at 3:47 PM, Umber0010 said:

So how much is "Fun" Taken into account? because on fun alone, the rockdrake on Ragnarok should be in A tier alone. While It does lose some of it's mobility due to leaving it's home caves, It's the perfect balance of flying and running mount. it's glide is fast, I'm not sure how fast, I'll have to look into it more, but when you're angled so you're losing minimal momentum, you have to e going atleast as fast as a sprinting pteranadon, i would think. It's climb allows for easy navigation up Ragnarok's many cliffs and mountains, therefore making it easier to get somewhere high enough so you can travel across large distances at once. and as i said, it's fun. dashing between stone outcroppings, redwood trees, and cliffs is way more immersive than just pressing W with a flier and landing once in a while. and you don't have to deal with the frustration that can be having to navigate around things like cliffs or Canyons. it's the best of both worlds! oh, and i suppose the invisibility's nice. Keep in mind, the reason i specify Ragnarok is because the island has much less terrain varity, so it ouldn't be as mobile/fun there, and i haven't played on the center in forever, this may also apply there. and i don't think i need to explain this is for PvE.

And while I'm talking about Rock drakes, I'm surprised you didn't mention the fact that you can use weapons while on rock drakes, even if you're upside down. it really is a nice feature.

Well, considering Rock Drakes are not native and cannot be found on Ragnarok by normal means, it will not take that into consideration for it's ranking and likely won't receive a mini-note about it unless anybody else thinks it's necessary.

There's no 'fun' factor taken into account either. Strictly based on utility and power in each list.

I was unaware you could wield weapons on Rock Drakes.(Still haven't touched Aberration, still working on finishing my Island playthrough rn lol) I'll add that note in the next update, I just need to gather a list of changes that need to be made and I'll get to working on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty here's some notes for monthly tier change proposals:

(PVP)

1. Giganotosaurus moved from S > S+
  2. Paracer moved from S- > S+
  3. Tuso moved from S- > S
  4. Karkinos moved from A > S
  5. Therizino moved from A- > S+
  6. Rex moved from S+ > S
  7. Baryonyx moved from B > A
  8. Woolly Rhino moved from B > A
  9. Argent moved from C > A-
  10. Chargelight Pets moved from F- > B
  11. Rock Elemental moved from S > A
  12. Direwolf moved from C > A
  13. Gigantopithecus moved from D > B-
  14. Procoptodon moved from C- > C+
  15. Added note to Kentrosaurus for it's ability to easily enrage Gigas.
  16. Added note to Rock Drake that you can wield weapons on it.
  17. Added note to Titanosaur that despite it's extreme demo potential, it's not worth the resources to tame.

(PvE)

1. Achatina moved from A+ > S
  2. Gigantopithecus moved from B- > A-
  3. Direwolf moved from B > A
  4. Procoptodon moved from D > B+
  5. Direbear moved from A+ > S
  6. Quetzal moved from S- > A+
  7. Basilosaurus moved from A+ > S-
  8. Reaper moved from A+ > S
  9. Megatherium moved from S- > A+

Also adding tier change proposals for the Raptor because of it's TLC reveal.

PvE: D+ > C+

PvP: D+ > C+

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I do believe the Gigantopithecus is atleast a C+ tier PvP tame. Obviously, they’re not bulky dinos, etc. but they can vault you over enemy fortifications, walls, spikes, etc. Not to mention that they’re capable of wearing ANY helmet including ascendant armor, giving them a huge boost in armor. They’re great for maneuvering around big dinos too. They’re not necessarily high damaging but they can do the job, and in some cases you can use them to distract players who might think that a Gigantopithecus is a person. They’re small and agile, good for scouting bases and sneaking into them and if bred properly, can take on higher tier dinos. Show some love to the apes! ?

Suggestion for this with regards to the Paracer. It should also be mentioned that compared to the Bronto it is far easier/cheaper to tame and breed. It's also far more compact allowing it to manoeuvre much better. Also due to its platform and more compact size it can perform a very unique and powerful role when sieging bases. It's possible to partially cover itself in structural armor, thereby reducing or removing damage from turrets and in turn allows it to be used a king of battering ram when combined with C4.

• 1 month later...

I think rhino should be at least S in PvP, due to their charge ability doing x12 damage at full charge, with a high quality saddle they easily rage gigas in 1-3 hits at medium to max charge, and due to gigas being quite overused and overrated they have proved multiple times to be valuable assets in pvp, both defending and attacking tribes who choose the giga route, even on other tames, as with the right melee I’ve seen them deal up to 7000 damage a hit which can quickly deal with even tankier tames. Only downside is their charge is interrupted by most attacks, but easily regain speed and can achieve full charge rather quickly. 

As for PvE I’ve noticed them to be the best thatch gatherer, due to the fact they are much faster than bronto and still boast a formidable carry weight, I can easily pull at least 60k thatch in 10-20 minutes of harvesting areas with dense tree presence, they also collect a decent amount of berries and wood in the process so I’d say at least A.

*Edit* 

I would also like to mention that they have a great ability to harvest rare mushrooms from the swamp region, gathering large amounts with minimal effort.

Mammoth and Beaver should switch places.  Mammoth has higher damage and base HP, and lower carryweight than the Beaver while requiring the Quetzal to carry.  The Beaver gathers wood better (based on Dododex), has a smithy saddle, is faster on land and WAY faster in the water while requiring an Argentavis to carry.  I've always felt like the Beaver has far more utility than the Mammoth.

I know everyone will rush to defend the Mammoth, because of its better reduction on wood carry-weight.  But the Beaver has great utility and is far underestimated, and the Mammoth is dreadfully slow.  I believe the Beaver belongs above the Mammoth.

• 8 months later...

I have a few problems with this

Dodos make great suicide bombers (slap on some C4, set on aggressive and drop in enemy base)

where are Tapejara, extinction/genesis creatures,jerboa?

raptor has a decent pounce ability and ,along with Kaprosuchus is able to grab players off mounts

stego ant turtle are good turret soakers/bullet sponge,

karkinos stops people from using stegos and turtles by grabbing and yeeting them off cliffs

kentro is Giganotosaurus repellent because it will enrage it in seconds

rhino is very good at megapithecus fight

dunkelosteus is trash in pve 

spino has crazy buff in water and 360 degree turn radius

other than that, Great List , was pretty helpful

worship the dodo god

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived