PvP/PvE Dino Tier List

FaneBlackwing

Obviously outdated, I'd like to see the post updated considering the new creatures and updates to old creatures (for instance, I'd definitely put both the Ankylo and Doed in S tier now, but the Rock Elemental gets bumped down to A or B).

My PvE recommendations for Aberration creatures:
Basilisk --> S Tier --> Crazy carry weight, fast, solid damage, and robust health. Taming is a pain, but the Basilisk is well-worth it because it has very few, if any, real downsides
Lantern Pets --> B Tier --> Grouping these all together because of their similarity, but obviously a vital tool in Aberration and a helpful, cheap light source on other maps, which frees you up from using a torch or wasting resources on a flashlight. Not an amazing tame, but no real downsides
Karkinos --> A Tier --> Very strong fighter with good carry weight and the ability to launch and hurl enemies as well as jump. It's slow, though, which is a major downside. Good for pairing with Doed or Ankylo for harvesting runs because of its weight
Ravager --> A Tier --> Much tankier than a Direwolf, faster than a Thorny Dragon. Good carry weight with the weight bonuses, and has the zipline gimmick to help it move quickly around cliffs and rough terrain. Main downsides are the lower damage and lack of Smithy option on the saddle

Reaper --> C Tier --> Overall pretty powerful, but not nearly as good as a strong Megalo or other end-game fighter because of its poor stat scaling. Mostly useful because of the variety of its attacks rather than the power of them. Decently fast and mobile, but they are weakened by friendly light sources (possibly a bug? Don't know). Not entirely worth the tame at the moment, but could be bumped up as high as S tier in the future
Rock Drake --> S Tier --> Main (and only real) down side is the lower damage output, but given that this is the second fastest land mount, can climb walls, glide, has decent carry weight, is pretty tanky, can swim surprisingly well, and can avoid enemy aggro by turning invisible... Yeah, this thing is a real beast, even outside of Aberration
Roll Rat --> D Tier --> Almost entirely deserves this tier just because of the saddle, which breaks and is very, very expensive to maintain. Weight bonus isn't really that high, and is generally mediocre as a harvester compared to other options. Decent stats, but it doesn't really pair against other fighters, and its breakable saddle means its tankiness is limited

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Also, what of the more recent dinos in PvP? Should a raiding team bring along a Yuty for the damage/damage reduction buff? I know a Daedon is mandatory for virtually ANY challenging PvP or PvE excursion.

It depends on if you need them. A lot of the time you simply don't need to commit a yuty or daedon. Just a Stego with some cakes can crack the majority of bases. However, for major server wars/wipes, yes, you bring, and use, both. 

17 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

PvP, A. They are small enough to, say, fit 1 into a valuable area in a secure base, they take 85% reduced damage from projectiles, like their cousins pre-nerf, on any location but their head, and they will kill virtually ANY player. Whats more, they armor pierce, ignoring saddle armor, and their damage reflection can hurt you. A larger group of Kentros can easily force a player to start either picking them, or using missles. Otherwise, you are forced to consume a massive number of bullets., or greatly weaken your Rex. Better for defense then offense I think.

Kentro's are highly underrated. Drop one into a Giga that's fighting and it will instantly enrage itself, dismounting, and likely killing the rider. It's one of the easiest, fastest and most effective ways to stop a meatrun dead in it's tracks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I've been gone for a LONG time so that definitely means this list needs a revamp, suggestions will be taken as LONG as they have been thoroughly explained as to why they belong in such and such tier.

I'll be looking at various topics and videos about creatures and formulating my own opinion on them.(Especially Aberration creatures as I do not have the expansion)

But please, continue discussion so I can continue figuring out where creatures belong. This means ALL creatures. Not just top tier. I'd like to see discussion about niche/gimmicky creatures and creatures considered 'trash tier'.

I'll be wiping the list except for creatures that obviously belong in a tier.

EDIT: I'll also add my initial tier thoughts on each creature that is not tiered, please respond with whether you agree or disagree and why. Thanks!

I'd argue for the Carno to move up the ranks a little on both PvE and PvP lists, as it can be a fairly useful tame, even after you've acquired bigger and stronger dinos. 

In PvE, the Carno is well-suited to cave diving, small enough to fit in most, large and tough enough to fight off the threats within. 

Knockback attack, in either mode, the ability to keep enemies at arm's length is helpful. 

On 1/15/2018 at 2:48 PM, DeweyDecimal said:

I'd argue for the Carno to move up the ranks a little on both PvE and PvP lists, as it can be a fairly useful tame, even after you've acquired bigger and stronger dinos. 

In PvE, the Carno is well-suited to cave diving, small enough to fit in most, large and tough enough to fight off the threats within. 

Knockback attack, in either mode, the ability to keep enemies at arm's length is helpful. 

Not sure about anything higher than C tier for the Carnotaurus atm. While it can go spelunking, other things like Sabers and Direwolves can do it more reliably and gather Chitin down there much better than a Carno can. It's a great tame early on, but it's just widely and largely outclassed by many other carnivores available in the game.

3 hours ago, FaneBlackwing said:

Not sure about anything higher than C tier for the Carnotaurus atm. While it can go spelunking, other things like Sabers and Direwolves can do it more reliably and gather Chitin down there much better than a Carno can. It's a great tame early on, but it's just widely and largely outclassed by many other carnivores available in the game.

Not unreasonable, I've just always felt the carno is underrated. 

Although, the baryonyx being added kinda changes things in a way I hadn't considered. Sure, the Carno is outclassed by the bigger carnivores, Rexes, spino, giga, obviously, but for it's size/class it can be pretty devastating. But then there's bary, comparable in size, but infinitely better mobility. 

Creature Name: Yutyrannus
Tier List: PvE
Ranking Changes: A > S
Reasoning: It's an essential tame for boss fights, and very helpful in Alpha fights. That may be a "limited" scope, but the essential nature of the tame in the former situation makes it an extremely high-tier tame, particularly because no other creature does what it can do

Also, just a general point of feedback. I think you underestimate the tier of a lot of creatures, particularly some of those you've put in B or C Tier. It'd also help to consider that tiers aren't necessarily uniform... for instance, I'd absolutely say that you need to weight the Megalo on maps like Ragnarok, Center, and Island differently from the Aberrant Megalo on Aberration, because on the latter it is easily on the same level of power as the Basilisk, if not stronger. This might be the cause of some of the tier discrepancies, but even without it, I'd argue that you under-rank a lot of stuff

1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

Creature Name: Yutyrannus
Tier List: PvE
Reasoning: It's an essential tame for boss fights, and very helpful in Alpha fights. That may be a "limited" scope, but the essential nature of the tame in the former situation makes it an extremely high-tier tame, particularly because no other creature does what it can do

Also, just a general point of feedback. I think you underestimate the tier of a lot of creatures, particularly some of those you've put in B or C Tier. It'd also help to consider that tiers aren't necessarily uniform... for instance, I'd absolutely say that you need to weight the Megalo on maps like Ragnarok, Center, and Island differently from the Aberrant Megalo on Aberration, because on the latter it is easily on the same level of power as the Basilisk, if not stronger. This might be the cause of some of the tier discrepancies, but even without it, I'd argue that you under-rank a lot of stuff

That does sound very reasonable for the Yuty(One of the creatures I really have yet to use, just judging based on what I've seen.) I had just assumed A felt nice due to the power of it and it's extremely useful ability, but since you brought that point up, S tier sounds very suiting.

I feel like doing separate tier lists for other maps would be too cluttered and complicated. Creatures unique to a map are ranked solely on it's utility in that map.(So Aberrants and Scorched Earth natives aren't tiered for use in each other's maps or the Island/Center/Ragnarok) Perhaps I could do little footnotes if it's utility in a different map is different or even add it in that specific tier but as a variation such as "Aberrant Megalosaurus" or "Scorched Earth Tapejara" for example. What do you think?

Also, I'm trying to be a little hesitant with some creatures. Carnotaurus being an example for it being recently discussed, is stronger than most C tier nominees, but it's not exactly B tier material compared to the others in there. Perhaps some Borderline tiers could be made for that? Like A/S Borderline, B/A Borderline, etc... Creatures stronger than a certain tier but largely outclassed by the above tier.

Also, please, please let me know about any creatures you disagree with my initial thoughts on, or any creatures in the current list itself.

Really glad that we're getting some discussion going on here!

EDIT: I suppose maybe we could do tiers for the maps like Scorched Earth and Aberration. Depends on community feedback though, I can see how some would be confused about Megalosaurus or other creature rankings when they're less/more useful in the DLC maps.

1 minute ago, FaneBlackwing said:

That does sound very reasonable for the Yuty(One of the creatures I really have yet to use, just judging based on what I've seen.) I had just assumed A felt nice due to the power of it and it's extremely useful ability, but since you brought that point up, S tier sounds very suiting.

I feel like doing separate tier lists for other maps would be too cluttered and complicated. Creatures unique to a map are ranked solely on it's utility in that map.(So Aberrants and Scorched Earth natives aren't tiered for use in each other's maps or the Island/Center/Ragnarok) Perhaps I could do little footnotes if it's utility in a different map is different or even add it in that specific tier but as a variation such as "Aberrant Megalosaurus" or "Scorched Earth Tapejara" for example. What do you think?

Also, I'm trying to be a little hesitant with some creatures. Carnotaurus being an example for it being recently discussed, is stronger than most C tier nominees, but it's not exactly B tier material compared to the others in there. Perhaps some Borderline tiers could be made for that? Like A/S Borderline, B/A Borderline, etc... Creatures stronger than a certain tier but largely outclassed by the above tier.

Also, please, please let me know about any creatures you disagree with my initial thoughts on, or any creatures in the current list itself.

Really glad that we're getting some discussion going on here!

For the creatures where map does make a huge difference, I'd just add an addendum on the end. For instance, Megalosaurus on PvP might earn B tier as you identified, but on Aberration it's clearly far more useful, so your note in the PvP section could look something like this:

Megalosaurus (While it is only useful at night, during that time it is a monster during raids and other PvP activities.) (On Aberration, the lack of sleep mechanic moves this creature to the S Tier).

That'd probably be the easiest and most efficient way to do it. Most creatures aren't going to be that affected, so the handful of exceptions are probably just as easy to list in that way. It'd really only apply to creatures with specific map mechanics, anyway, so like a Tapejara on Scorched vs on other maps isn't really going to change, but a Jerboa or Glowpet would change quite significantly.

I think it'd be helpful to do as you say, though, and list B/C categories, or just specify creatures that sit on the edge of a tier with a + or -. For instance, with your Carno example, you could list it as a C+ (just put before or after its name) to indicate that you put it in C tier, but it could border into B tier. Either way, but I think it'd help resolve some of the issues there. I.e. for the PvP ranking for Pegomastax (just an example, not necessarily arguing this is where it should be):

Pegomastax (F+): Weak and frail, the Pegomastax has little use in PvP aside the occasional troll theft.

Thus you provide your justification for its tier, but also acknowledge that it could conceivably be moved into D tier if someone was able to effectively use the theft mechanic to disrupt enemy PvP

4 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

For the creatures where map does make a huge difference, I'd just add an addendum on the end. For instance, Megalosaurus on PvP might earn B tier as you identified, but on Aberration it's clearly far more useful, so your note in the PvP section could look something like this:

Megalosaurus (While it is only useful at night, during that time it is a monster during raids and other PvP activities.) (On Aberration, the lack of sleep mechanic moves this creature to the S Tier).

That'd probably be the easiest and most efficient way to do it. Most creatures aren't going to be that affected, so the handful of exceptions are probably just as easy to list in that way. It'd really only apply to creatures with specific map mechanics, anyway, so like a Tapejara on Scorched vs on other maps isn't really going to change, but a Jerboa or Glowpet would change quite significantly.

I think it'd be helpful to do as you say, though, and list B/C categories, or just specify creatures that sit on the edge of a tier with a + or -. For instance, with your Carno example, you could list it as a C+ (just put before or after its name) to indicate that you put it in C tier, but it could border into B tier. Either way, but I think it'd help resolve some of the issues there. I.e. for the PvP ranking for Pegomastax (just an example, not necessarily arguing this is where it should be):

Pegomastax (F+): Weak and frail, the Pegomastax has little use in PvP aside the occasional troll theft.

Thus you provide your justification for its tier, but also acknowledge that it could conceivably be moved into D tier if someone was able to effectively use the theft mechanic to disrupt enemy PvP

Yeah I think that sounds like a great idea for the difference in utility based on map. I'll get started on that ASAP!(I'll also credit you for the idea/suggestion at the bottom of the initial post!)

I think + and - would work nicely. That'll take a little more time to work out,(As keeping it alphabetical and in A+, A, and A- separately would need to be done.) but sounds like the most efficient way to do it. For example some creatures like Basilosaurus are phenomenal in PvE but due to some flaws like it being sea bound and it losing health at deeper levels keep it from being S tier material, but it's much better than a lot of A tier creatures.

Also don't refrain from posting your thoughts about creatures and sparking more discussion, the faster this list can be organized and put into shape, the better for people who want a good idea of what they may want and not want to bother taming!

35 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

Also don't refrain from posting your thoughts about creatures and sparking more discussion, the faster this list can be organized and put into shape, the better for people who want a good idea of what they may want and not want to bother taming!

I'll go through later when I have some time and try to do a comprehensive critique :)

S teir/PVE Therinzinosaurus

the ability to "train" the theri into making it better at harvesting certain resources, in addition to it's incredibly high damage, mean that's it's one of the best harvester for anything that isn't a rock.

A tier/PvE: giant bee

while it's combat utility is *very* limited, the ability to turn it into a hive and produce honey for things like Sweet Vegie cakes are what make this insect worth taming

S tier/PvE: Doedicerous

the Doedic's high stone harvesting ability and weight reduction, along with it's roll that gives it a surprising amount of speed, are what gives the doedic it's place on this list

Okay, a few more items for you :) I'll do more later, but I am a little time limited

Creature Name: Bronto
Tier List: PvE
Ranking Changes: S > B+
Reasoning: It probably shouldn't have ever been in S tier to begin with, but in general, the Bronto struggles due to the Paracer basically doing everything better. In theory, the Bronto is better because of better weight and larger platform, but in practice, the Paracer platform and weight stats are more than sufficient for the bulk of activities. Moreover, the Paracer is much faster, has better Stamina economy, and is generally more effective at defending itself than the Bronto due to better ROF. Granted, the Bronto does harvest berries and thatch very well, but because of the aforementioned speed and stamina issues, it's far more effective to use a male Megaloceros or a Therizino.

Creature Name: Direbear
Reasoning: I'm calling this change in advanced in anticipation for the TLC update, so your call on whether you want to bump it up now or later. Basically, all the current upsides, plus being able to harvest Honey effectively... This is a very good tame. Absolutely a must-tame.

Creature Name: Argentavis
Ranking Changes: B > A
Reasoning: It's the ARK work horse, and honestly a much more useful tame than the Quetzal at the moment. Good weight, excellent Stamina as far as flyers go, and pretty good at fighting. It also picks the most creatures in the game after the Quetzal and Wyvern, so it's pretty handy for taming or just getting stuff around the map. It's only real downside is speed, which is also a problem for...

Creature Name: Quetzal
Reasoning: The flyer nerf hit this dude really, really, really hard. It's basically a sky Bronto, and it suffers similar issues. Despite good weight, good Health, good platform building, its god awful speed and stamina really limit the utility of this creature. This doesn't necessarily factor into the rankings, but Quetzals are also much rarer and rather difficult to tame, so the practicality of these mounts is fairly low relative to their usability. Most of their essential functions (carrying creatures, hauling weight) can be better performed now by a Weight Wyvern or an Argentavis.

Creature Name: Wyvern
Ranking Changes: B > S
Reasoning: Basically, they're the strongest PvE mount in the game. No saddle, sure, but they do very good damage with and without their breath, and they are the only creature in the game which can handle the Giga, Titan, Alpha Rexes, etc. with minimal to no risk at all. AFAIK, they have the best speed among flyers (maybe only slightly out-paced by the Ptera), and when they aren't abusing their breath, they have pretty good Stamina as well. They also pick up basically everything a Quetzal picks up, and considering their greater speed, they can be pumped on Weight to turn them into pretty effective beasts of burden.

Creature Name: Liopleurodon
Ranking Changes: D > F+
Reasoning: Yes, its loot buff mechanic is rather good, but realistically, you're fairly likely to only get a handful of loot crates. Because of the slow speed of the tame, you're going to be forced to ride a different mount to get to loot crates, but because of the buff timer it's likely you'll only get one or two boosted crates. The roll can also worsen your loot, depending on what's in the crate, so it's not always a good thing. Also, many of the items are things you can get fairly easily in high quality anyway from caving, which with a mount is generally easier than tracking down one of these creatures, taming it, and going on a mad dash to try to scrape out some better loot. IMHO it's the worst designed creature in the game right now mechanically

21 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

S teir/PVE Therinzinosaurus

the ability to "train" the theri into making it better at harvesting certain resources, in addition to it's incredibly high damage, mean that's it's one of the best harvester for anything that isn't a rock.

A tier/PvE: giant bee

while it's combat utility is *very* limited, the ability to turn it into a hive and produce honey for things like Sweet Vegie cakes are what make this insect worth taming

S tier/PvE: Doedicerous

the Doedic's high stone harvesting ability and weight reduction, along with it's roll that gives it a surprising amount of speed, are what gives the doedic it's place on this list

I do believe the Therizino and Bee are placed in those tiers via my initial thoughts, so I'm thinking that they definitely belong there. Also the Doedicurus is S tier by default! ^^

19 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

Okay, a few more items for you :) I'll do more later, but I am a little time limited

Creature Name: Bronto
Reasoning: It probably shouldn't have ever been in S tier to begin with, but in general, the Bronto struggles due to the Paracer basically doing everything better. In theory, the Bronto is better because of better weight and larger platform, but in practice, the Paracer platform and weight stats are more than sufficient for the bulk of activities. Moreover, the Paracer is much faster, has better Stamina economy, and is generally more effective at defending itself than the Bronto due to better ROF. Granted, the Bronto does harvest berries and thatch very well, but because of the aforementioned speed and stamina issues, it's far more effective to use a male Megaloceros or a Therizino.

Creature Name: Direbear
Reasoning: I'm calling this change in advanced in anticipation for the TLC update, so your call on whether you want to bump it up now or later. Basically, all the current upsides, plus being able to harvest Honey effectively... This is a very good tame. Absolutely a must-tame.

Creature Name: Argentavis
Ranking Changes: B > A
Reasoning: It's the ARK work horse, and honestly a much more useful tame than the Quetzal at the moment. Good weight, excellent Stamina as far as flyers go, and pretty good at fighting. It also picks the most creatures in the game after the Quetzal and Wyvern, so it's pretty handy for taming or just getting stuff around the map. It's only real downside is speed, which is also a problem for...

Creature Name: Quetzal
Reasoning: The flyer nerf hit this dude really, really, really hard. It's basically a sky Bronto, and it suffers similar issues. Despite good weight, good Health, good platform building, its god awful speed and stamina really limit the utility of this creature. This doesn't necessarily factor into the rankings, but Quetzals are also much rarer and rather difficult to tame, so the practicality of these mounts is fairly low relative to their usability. Most of their essential functions (carrying creatures, hauling weight) can be better performed now by a Weight Wyvern or an Argentavis.

Creature Name: Wyvern
Ranking Changes: B > S
Reasoning: Basically, they're the strongest PvE mount in the game. No saddle, sure, but they do very good damage with and without their breath, and they are the only creature in the game which can handle the Giga, Titan, Alpha Rexes, etc. with minimal to no risk at all. AFAIK, they have the best speed among flyers (maybe only slightly out-paced by the Ptera), and when they aren't abusing their breath, they have pretty good Stamina as well. They also pick up basically everything a Quetzal picks up, and considering their greater speed, they can be pumped on Weight to turn them into pretty effective beasts of burden.

Creature Name: Liopleurodon
Ranking Changes: D > F+
Reasoning: Yes, its loot buff mechanic is rather good, but realistically, you're fairly likely to only get a handful of loot crates. Because of the slow speed of the tame, you're going to be forced to ride a different mount to get to loot crates, but because of the buff timer it's likely you'll only get one or two boosted crates. The roll can also worsen your loot, depending on what's in the crate, so it's not always a good thing. Also, many of the items are things you can get fairly easily in high quality anyway from caving, which with a mount is generally easier than tracking down one of these creatures, taming it, and going on a mad dash to try to scrape out some better loot. IMHO it's the worst designed creature in the game right now mechanically

No worries! Take your time!

I definitely see what you mean by the Bronto, Paracer, Quetzal, and Argentavis. I honestly placed the Bronto that high due to past experiences with it and since nothing had changed with it I assumed it'd rank the same, but those are very valid points.

Wyvern also makes sense too. I think I originally had them in A tier but heard they weren't as good as they used to be? Those points absolutely make sense though.

Oh that does make sense for the Lio. I didn't know originally how good the increase was, but that really makes sense.

Also, I'm waiting for changes to drop to make changes to the tiering for the first wave of TLC updates! ;)

33 minutes ago, FaneBlackwing said:

I do believe the Therizino and Bee are placed in those tiers via my initial thoughts, so I'm thinking that they definitely belong there. Also the Doedicurus is S tier by default! ^^

No worries! Take your time!

I definitely see what you mean by the Bronto, Paracer, Quetzal, and Argentavis. I honestly placed the Bronto that high due to past experiences with it and since nothing had changed with it I assumed it'd rank the same, but those are very valid points.

Wyvern also makes sense too. I think I originally had them in A tier but heard they weren't as good as they used to be? Those points absolutely make sense though.

Oh that does make sense for the Lio. I didn't know originally how good the increase was, but that really makes sense.

Also, I'm waiting for changes to drop to make changes to the tiering for the first wave of TLC updates! ;)

The Bronto has mostly suffered because other creatures have gotten better while they haven't. Wyverns suffered a bit from the flyer nerf, but in PvE they're still by far one of the best tames you can possibly have. In PvP they're less useful, particularly post-nerf.

Update time!

Every creature has been placed into a tier, it's up to the community to decide if the placements are accurate enough until we start to dive into adding + and - to each tiers.

I'll give it a couple weeks or so to see if anyone disagrees on certain placements and then I'll begin the additions of + and -

I've also added in a prospected changes down at the bottom for creatures receiving buffs/nerfs in the future. These changes will not go into effect immediately after the updates, but it will take some time for everyone to adjust and utilize the new changes, and because of that so will the tier changes.

I'll be updating the initial post sometime soon making the introduction and rules on tiering a little more clear and easier to access.

On 20 January 2018 at 6:12 PM, FaneBlackwing said:

Updated the list with some more creature placements.

Remember to post if you disagree with anything officially listed right now, and don't be afraid to make comments about the unranked creatures as well! :)

A good list but I think the ocean tames need tweeking 

Ichthy  pve B tier a max movement speed ichthy is one of the fastest tames on the game easy to tame easy to replace you'll be able to outrun anything in the ocean just be careful not to get hit.PVP D they don't have much use outside of being fast and disposable 

mosasaurus and plesiosaur PVE C tier. these guys use to be kings of the ocean nowadays they're useless take one out and I doubt you'll make it halfway round the map before a jelly stuns you or a squid grabs you and your precious tame is sushi. I'd bump them up to B tier for PVP they have a platform so you can box the rider and soak bullets with them 

Basilosaurus PVE A+ tier theyre immune to jellys  unpickable by squids and even give you a thermal buff this makes them one of the best black pearl gathers alpha killers ocean drop hunters ect if you need to do anything in the sea a basil will be able to do it .  PVP B  theyre fairly tanky hit reasonably hard they regen health pretty quick st the surface too. 

TUSO PVE S tier these boys are the new kings of the ocean.  anything ocean related a Tuso does it best. they can kill all other sea creatures with ease they're fast , immune to jellys, to big for another squid to pick. if your heading into the ocean for any reason a Tuso is probably the best tame to use.

PVP S tier they can drag rexes paracers and anything smaller to the depths to drown them they enrage Gigas in a couple of hits you can pick people off flyers and max torpor/ kill them in seconds they have 8x the base damage of a Rex they're ridiculously hard to counter there attack has a crazy range, enough to kill tames on the beach, their only drawback is being limited to the ocean 

Basilosaurus: S tier: there high bulk, good damage, great attacking hitbox, immunity to CC such as cnidrians and tusos, AND increased HP regen when near the surface easally make these one of, if not the best ocean mount in the game.

Thyla: A+/S tier In addition to having decent HP and damage, there high speed and ability to climb over cliffs and ledges that other dinos would have to go around make them one of, if not the best traveling mounts on the ARK sense the flyer nerf of '17.

Quetzal: B tier. While they do hold a niche in cargo, There painfully slow speed and horrible stam forcing them to land every few seconds makes them extreamly clunky to use. For farming you may find yourself better off using a wyvern for there higher speed and stam, while for transport you'd be better off using, well, a lot more dinos, but here i'm going to name the basilisk, due to there high-speed, burrowing ability to avoid enemies as effectively as flight, there 75% weight reduction on stone, and the fact that they have the highest non-titan base weight.

10 hours ago, TBoa said:

A good list but I think the ocean tames need tweeking 

Ichthy  pve B tier a max movement speed ichthy is one of the fastest tames on the game easy to tame easy to replace you'll be able to outrun anything in the ocean just be careful not to get hit.PVP D they don't have much use outside of being fast and disposable 

mosasaurus and plesiosaur PVE C tier. these guys use to be kings of the ocean nowadays they're useless take one out and I doubt you'll make it halfway round the map before a jelly stuns you or a squid grabs you and your precious tame is sushi. I'd bump them up to B tier for PVP they have a platform so you can box the rider and soak bullets with them 

Basilosaurus PVE A+ tier theyre immune to jellys  unpickable by squids and even give you a thermal buff this makes them one of the best black pearl gathers alpha killers ocean drop hunters ect if you need to do anything in the sea a basil will be able to do it .  PVP B  theyre fairly tanky hit reasonably hard they regen health pretty quick st the surface too. 

TUSO PVE S tier these boys are the new kings of the ocean.  anything ocean related a Tuso does it best. they can kill all other sea creatures with ease they're fast , immune to jellys, to big for another squid to pick. if your heading into the ocean for any reason a Tuso is probably the best tame to use.

PVP S tier they can drag rexes paracers and anything smaller to the depths to drown them they enrage Gigas in a couple of hits you can pick people off flyers and max torpor/ kill them in seconds they have 8x the base damage of a Rex they're ridiculously hard to counter there attack has a crazy range, enough to kill tames on the beach, their only drawback is being limited to the ocean 

Noted! I do believe the Ichthy is D tier in PvP and the Basilosaurus is A in PvE and B in PvP. Those points about the Tuso are very, very excellent. I was unaware they were so powerful in PvP since most sea tames are somewhat mediocre in PvP.

6 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

Basilosaurus: S tier: there high bulk, good damage, great attacking hitbox, immunity to CC such as cnidrians and tusos, AND increased HP regen when near the surface easally make these one of, if not the best ocean mount in the game.

Thyla: A+/S tier In addition to having decent HP and damage, there high speed and ability to climb over cliffs and ledges that other dinos would have to go around make them one of, if not the best traveling mounts on the ARK sense the flyer nerf of '17.

Quetzal: B tier. While they do hold a niche in cargo, There painfully slow speed and horrible stam forcing them to land every few seconds makes them extreamly clunky to use. For farming you may find yourself better off using a wyvern for there higher speed and stam, while for transport you'd be better off using, well, a lot more dinos, but here i'm going to name the basilisk, due to there high-speed, burrowing ability to avoid enemies as effectively as flight, there 75% weight reduction on stone, and the fact that they have the highest non-titan base weight.

Can you specify which tier list? As in PvE/PvP? I'm assuming you mean PvE though.

I'll definitely take these into consideration for sure though, but do note any creature is rated based on their home map. This means the Griffin would be rated on utility in Ragnarok, the Thorny Dragon/Mantis/Etc... on Scorched Earth, Ravager/Basilisk/Rock Drake/etc... on Aberration, and Rex/Ptera/Trike, etc... on The Island. Of course if they have higher or lower utility on another map that is very notable it'll receive a mininote like the Megalosaurus already has for Aberration! ^^

2 hours ago, FaneBlackwing said:

Noted! I do believe the Ichthy is D tier in PvP and the Basilosaurus is A in PvE and B in PvP. Those points about the Tuso are very, very excellent. I was unaware they were so powerful in PvP since most sea tames are somewhat mediocre in PvP.

Can you specify which tier list? As in PvE/PvP? I'm assuming you mean PvE though.

I'll definitely take these into consideration for sure though, but do note any creature is rated based on their home map. This means the Griffin would be rated on utility in Ragnarok, the Thorny Dragon/Mantis/Etc... on Scorched Earth, Ravager/Basilisk/Rock Drake/etc... on Aberration, and Rex/Ptera/Trike, etc... on The Island. Of course if they have higher or lower utility on another map that is very notable it'll receive a mininote like the Megalosaurus already has for Aberration! ^^

PvE Tier list, yes. and acouple more

Beezlbufo: C tier: While it's ability to get CP is nice, the fact that it can only do so from small bugs, which in the form of ants are uncommon and in the form of Megurna are uncommon unles you go into the highly-hostile swamp. and even then at mid0late game the amount of CP you get is a bit to low to justify using it over a megatherium/saber/direwolf for chiten and a Doedic for stone.

Phoenix: B+ tier: While it's ability to smelt metal and meat is nice, it's abismaly low weight means that you'd have better luck carrying the materials back to base and processing them there.

also, as for the Basilisk, i'd make it B or C on Aberration, and S on not aberration, due to the fact that the Basilisk's lack of vertivle mobility and crappy turn radius conflict with Aberration's design

On 1/27/2018 at 6:00 PM, Umber0010 said:

PvE Tier list, yes. and acouple more

Beezlbufo: C tier: While it's ability to get CP is nice, the fact that it can only do so from small bugs, which in the form of ants are uncommon and in the form of Megurna are uncommon unles you go into the highly-hostile swamp. and even then at mid0late game the amount of CP you get is a bit to low to justify using it over a megatherium/saber/direwolf for chiten and a Doedic for stone.

Phoenix: B+ tier: While it's ability to smelt metal and meat is nice, it's abismaly low weight means that you'd have better luck carrying the materials back to base and processing them there.

also, as for the Basilisk, i'd make it B or C on Aberration, and S on not aberration, due to the fact that the Basilisk's lack of vertivle mobility and crappy turn radius conflict with Aberration's design

I think Beelzebufo is fine in B tier, it provides mobility and torpor damage alongside the Cementing Paste gathering, and the Achatina is in C tier already. It's not the best in B tier, but it's also better than many of the C tier tames. Possibly a B- when I start adding those in?

Hmm... That is very true for the Phoenix. Plus, industrial items are much better at smelting/cooking.

While that's true about the Basilisk, it provides waaaay more than just mobility. High damage, torpor damage, and the best carry weight second to the Titanosaur. Not many creatures in Aberration rival it in all the things it does except the Rock Drake.

EDIT: Added in + and - for F tier in PvP and PvE to give everyone an idea of what they'll look like for the higher tiers. :)

Achitna: A, if not S tier in PvE: While the upkeep is expensive (though once you can get the stuff to make cakes, they're not that hard to produce. the really only hard thing it Sap, which is slow and limited to 20 per tap) the amount of CP you get from them is quite a lot. if you can get a a few of them, let's just say 5, then every hour you can get 300 CP from them. which is quite a lot. that's 12 stacks of Chitin/Keratin and 24 stacks of stone (mind you, that is with the Morter and pestal, but even with the chem bench that's still 800 chitin/keratin and 32 stacks of stone). And while i doubt you take it into account, with S+ on the server you don't have to worry about emptying snails, which makes them produce even more.

3 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

Achitna: A, if not S tier in PvE: While the upkeep is expensive (though once you can get the stuff to make cakes, they're not that hard to produce. the really only hard thing it Sap, which is slow and limited to 20 per tap) the amount of CP you get from them is quite a lot. if you can get a a few of them, let's just say 5, then every hour you can get 300 CP from them. which is quite a lot. that's 12 stacks of Chitin/Keratin and 24 stacks of stone (mind you, that is with the Morter and pestal, but even with the chem bench that's still 800 chitin/keratin and 32 stacks of stone). And while i doubt you take it into account, with S+ on the server you don't have to worry about emptying snails, which makes them produce even more.

I think S tier is a little much for the Achatina considering it's food source being strictly sweet veggie cake is a really large flaw.(Most S tier have few flaws or none at all) A tier does sound like a great spot. I placed in B just to be a little safe. Do you think it should be +, -, or standard A tier?

i think that either standared or + would work, because as i said, once you get the infrastructure, Sweet veggie cakes are not hard at all

EDIT: it turns out that SVCs take 4 sap and not the 7 i thought. which means that 4 taps can get you 20 cake each time they fill up/ Also, i should probably mention that the cakes restore a lot of the snail's food, so it won't be eating them like other dinos eat rexes or berries

Archived