I want to DIE

Bow3

Suggestion

23 replies to this server topic

16 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

A suicide command will not be added because of the PvP content.

Other games have a "help I am stuck" option

It often costs some in-game currency, and it reports the XYZ coordinates to the developer so they can inspect the issue themselves, and often alqo logging the controller commands for X time prior to the player getting stuck (which wouldn't help ark as often it is pushed by wild Dino)

Some games use it as a suicide option, others use it as a nudge along 1,2 or 3 of the XYZ coords, then you need to confirm you are unstuck before you can go free.

7 hours ago, Lowly said:

Other games have a "help I am stuck" option

It often costs some in-game currency, and it reports the XYZ coordinates to the developer so they can inspect the issue themselves, and often alqo logging the controller commands for X time prior to the player getting stuck (which wouldn't help ark as often it is pushed by wild Dino)

Some games use it as a suicide option, others use it as a nudge along 1,2 or 3 of the XYZ coords, then you need to confirm you are unstuck before you can go free.

Ark dosen't have in-game currency.

Ark does have PvP where you can keep a player handcuffed and drugged though. So this would be negated by a stuck/suicide feature.

Well beginners don’t have grappling hooks and beginner is the first 30 hours of play time!

so no, also some people don’t carry a grappling hook all the time, anyway there just shouldn’t be a place you can’t get out of just starting with nothing, or can’t kill yourself on any map in any game!

why do you think he is still in the hole?

20 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Well beginners don’t have grappling hooks and beginner is the first 30 hours of play time!

so no, also some people don’t carry a grappling hook all the time, anyway there just shouldn’t be a place you can’t get out of just starting with nothing, or can’t kill yourself on any map in any game!

why do you think he is still in the hole?

I think there are commands to get location information for the devs, then submit a bug report.

Your 2nd sentence didn't make any sense. There are definitely some harvestable rocks you can get stuck between, but they are harvestable. It's a survival game, you should remain aware of your surroundings. 

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

I think there are commands to get location information for the devs, then submit a bug report.

Your 2nd sentence didn't make any sense. There are definitely some harvestable rocks you can get stuck between, but they are harvestable. It's a survival game, you should remain aware of your surroundings. 

Well if there is a command to locate that’s ok, 

what i was saying, is in no game should there be a space you can’t get out of if you don’t have any items. Also you can’t break rocks with your hands, and also 1 spot in particular is the rocks in a sort of triangle formation and if you step in the center yo can’t move because the angle is JUST step and weird enough you can’t get out, the rocks are part of the landscape and are non-harvestable, another spot is just a hole that has a slight L shape so it looks like a cave but when you enter you find it’s just an L and you can’t get out

1 hour ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Well if there is a command to locate that’s ok, 

what i was saying, is in no game should there be a space you can’t get out of if you don’t have any items. Also you can’t break rocks with your hands, and also 1 spot in particular is the rocks in a sort of triangle formation and if you step in the center yo can’t move because the angle is JUST step and weird enough you can’t get out, the rocks are part of the landscape and are non-harvestable, another spot is just a hole that has a slight L shape so it looks like a cave but when you enter you find it’s just an L and you can’t get out

This should be in a bug report with details for the devs. Not a complaint or fix bugs suggestion request.

I already explained why a suicide command wouldn't be added.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

This should be in a bug report with details for the devs. Not a complaint or fix bugs suggestion request.

I already explained why a suicide command wouldn't be added.

I understand about the suicide command, also I couldn’t find a general bug report, only “PC bug report”

16 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Ark dosen't have in-game currency.

Ark does have PvP where you can keep a player handcuffed and drugged though. So this would be negated by a stuck/suicide feature.

1.Ark now does have in-game currency in the form of hexagons

2. Don't allow player to use "help I am stuck" to die or teleport/nudge player when handcuffed, caged, trapped inside player base, other scenario you come up with that would negate PvP situations, bit only let it report the players location and surrounding structures to Devs in those situations to see if it is an abuse of ToS or truely a player stuck in terrain.

Both counters to the reasons you offer up, I look forward to more ideas from you so we can develop counters or work around so they do not break existing gameplay mechanics but add features to the game. Also feature suggestion shouldn't be in bug report, suggesting a feature that reports players XYZ coordinates by the press of a button on the start menu should be in features request, actual reporting of those locations where people get stuck shouldn't be in the bug report section of the forum but submitted to the bug report Google document link. For direct bug report submission

15 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Second comment, on aberration, there is a set of rocks atop a waterfall, not far out of portal, it is possible to get stuck in between terrain, floating, no harvestable rocks, the dip is low that wild Dino's walk past and do not agro as you are out of line of sight,I have sat there for 1 hour 20 minutes and not died, it is not possible to eat poop not jump out. It is a rather common place to get stuck on aberration. Scorched earth has similar places but not usually near easy spawns, the island has a couple similar not near easy spawns, the locations I talk of hear and not between harvestable rocks but between non harvestable terrain. My question is this, do you feel these places should be designed intentionally into a game because it is a survival game? My follow up question is as follows, what is the object of a survival game? I have made a character and then logged off, come back a year later they are still alive, survival for 1 year is easy and boring as all I needed to do was not load the game up

On 4/5/2020 at 4:55 PM, Bow3 said:

I want to DIE

Yet again I am stuck in a hole (Chasing my Yuti that's stuck in the mesh) and I want to die. HLNA is too close to work. I just want to die, not wait half an hour punching the sky. please add something.

Half an hour is probably optimistic, unless you were lucky enough to start off with low food.

While I was trying to tame my first bloodstalker, I got stuck on a knot / junction about two thirds of the way up one of the large trees. My climbing hook had broken, and I was trying to jump over the 'knobbles', to get around to the south side of the tree so i could parachute down without hitting any other branches. Unfortunately, I became stuck between two 'knobbles'.

Whilst stuck in the falling/flying animation, you can't teleport. You also can't regenerate stamina (thus using up food). You also can't eat items in your inventory or from your hotbar, so no opportunity to spoiled meat / poo. Given that it rains pretty often in the bog, sadly dehydration wasn't an option either.

It took nearly 8 hours for me to die. It's surprising how slowly food goes down when you aren't moving :/ Believe me, I feel your pain. All I can suggest is to go watch netflix for a while.

7 hours ago, Lowly said:

1.Ark now does have in-game currency in the form of hexagons

2. Don't allow player to use "help I am stuck" to die or teleport/nudge player when handcuffed, caged, trapped inside player base, other scenario you come up with that would negate PvP situations, bit only let it report the players location and surrounding structures to Devs in those situations to see if it is an abuse of ToS or truely a player stuck in terrain.

Both counters to the reasons you offer up, I look forward to more ideas from you so we can develop counters or work around so they do not break existing gameplay mechanics but add features to the game. Also feature suggestion shouldn't be in bug report, suggesting a feature that reports players XYZ coordinates by the press of a button on the start menu should be in features request, actual reporting of those locations where people get stuck shouldn't be in the bug report section of the forum but submitted to the bug report Google document link. For direct bug report submission

I think close to enemy base, like the build mechanism .

Interesting comments ty.

I do still believe that PVE and PVP are very different games that are played on the same field.  They should be treated as completely separate and compromise should never be an option.

I like the idea of a database to collect the X Y Z cords of holes, mesh, etc. This should be available with a click or two during game play.

Some people here have a negative / submissive feel to their posts. look to the future, imagine and have hope. :)

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Bow3 said:

And now I'm stuck in an Air Conditioner waiting to die. I should have been aware of my surroundings or carried some grappling hooks. Silly me!

Suicide button FFS.

Re-log. Sometimes it is just your client that de-synced, or the simple fact of becoming a ragdoll your body pop out when you re-log.

Archived