Island bosses

Nikolasger

Dragon is a roulette with spinos. Your stats is good for Broodmother and that useless ape, but Dragon you gonna kill it only if you are lucky. Probably the most important question is: what saddles you have? Primitive you probably wont survive Broodmother - and Dragon is impossible. Snino saddles are crazy expensive without Gachas too - i personally never use them.

For general boss fights you want rexes. And good saddles (they don't use pearls or paste, meaning way less farming to craft those). I would recommend you to farm some saddles in Genesis while the loot (and all the rest) is broken - Hide and Sink in the ocean you can get saddles for life. 

And get a mate boost for your yuti for the Dragon - this boss is broken AF against carnivores. And you can probably invest in herbivores (like Therizinos) for this one fight - they will be usefull later too.

20 minutes ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

For general boss fights you want rexes. Therizinos

Far superior boss fighters, less mutations required for alpha fights and the saddle BP is much easier to acquire.

Alpha monkey can be done with tamed rex equipped with prim saddles. He's that easy.

Brood hits like a truck, but most of the fight depends on your ability to circle her properly and get her attention around to spread the damage.

Dragon is a DPS check, plain and simple. He will set your tames on fire every 30s, losing 20% hp over the next 20s. With carnivores and without a pig, you essentially have 150s to kill him (964k hp), minus the PTs/dimorph waves and its fireballs.

47 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Far superior boss fighters, less mutations required for alpha fights and the saddle BP is much easier to acquire.

(...)

One thing i like about them is how small (when compared with any of the other options) and maneuverable they are - and cakes. I like the idea to breed rexes to start the bosses because later you gonna need a good one to clear the path in the tek cave.

3 hours ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

Dragon is a roulette with spinos. Your stats is good for Broodmother and that useless ape, but Dragon you gonna kill it only if you are lucky. Probably the most important question is: what saddles you have? Primitive you probably wont survive Broodmother - and Dragon is impossible. Snino saddles are crazy expensive without Gachas too - i personally never use them.

For general boss fights you want rexes. And good saddles (they don't use pearls or paste, meaning way less farming to craft those). I would recommend you to farm some saddles in Genesis while the loot (and all the rest) is broken - Hide and Sink in the ocean you can get saddles for life. 

And get a mate boost for your yuti for the Dragon - this boss is broken AF against carnivores. And you can probably invest in herbivores (like Therizinos) for this one fight - they will be usefull later too.

Have to say, seems the Therizinos are one of the better dinos to go with on most bosses. Add a boar for the health boost and a yuty for boosting, and its a solid tameing team strat.

3 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Yeah but navigating the tek cave with a full rex crew is a nightmare. :(

No, one for you ride and clear the cave (only the cave part because of all the purlovias, kapros and microraptor). I used therizinos, allos (heavily mutated are pretty good too) and daeodons (riding a Yuti and a second rex just to mate boost my main rex) for the fight xD. Is impossible to pass an army of rexes in that little hole they call "the entrance"... even with two rexes is infuriating... LOL

21 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Have to say, seems the Therizinos are one of the better dinos to go with on most bosses. Add a boar for the health boost and a yuty for boosting, and its a solid tameing team strat.

Pigs, Yuti and cakes and you just need to watch with no fear.

Archived