This ENTIRE DLC is one big BUG.

Rio4201

• Element nerf by 33%? Seriously?
  • Metal trap on the back of a turtle, guess what, EVERYTHING swims through it as if it doesn't have physics at all. /FAIL
  • Try hitting anything with a Basil, it's complete and total luck that you even hit it. 3 friggin eels on me for over an hour because I couldn't land a solid hit on one. 
  • Ocean Platforms that can be instantly destroyed and that for whatever reason, destroy the structures on adjoining platforms if demolished. There's a winner.
  • Blueprints? Yeah.. whatever Wildcard.
  • Titanosaur saddles in triplets off missions (this one makes me want to smack all of you.)
  • Ocean Platform height issues, another swimmingly thought out design. smh.. maybe you should call them kiddy pool platforms since you can only build them in waste high water.
  • Magmasaur Den, seriously? we killed around 60 Magmasaurs just to get to the element nodes in that pool and you have the gall to nerf element? After all that?
  • Creature spawns are a complete sham and seem to work when they want to. Looking for a Basilisk? good luck, I combed the entire volcano area on our server and found (2).
  • Dupers gone wild, Wildcard needs to grow a pair and region lock these idiots, or send the legal team after whoever. 
  • Griefing, yes its still a thing geniuses, pillaring, boxing in people's oil wells, etc etc.

I'm seriously just about over Ark and this game studio, I was really hoping to see an improved game with a fresh new direction, we got a somewhat different but just as broken release new release, conceptually it sounds fun and was fun to play, but now the issues outweigh the entertainment. I'm calling it like I see it, and this expansion sucks.

Impossible to do a mission as there are so many rollbacks and with a ping equal or above 250, and as always, just during the X3 event. but we’re used to it now I think it’s the will of the developers, so I share your opinion Rio4201, I’ve been playing this game for 5 years, I have more than 14000 hours of play, since the beginning we’ve been told that the game is going to get better, that the game is new and so it takes a little time to be perfected, but nothing is rollback, untimely deco, and even old bugs appear, it’s pitiful, it looks like the game is coded by students, we’re just above a Tetris. Yet it’s a game that has potential, instead of wasting money on fittest gifts, they would have been better off paying quality programmers with that money. I invite exasperated people to put a +1 to make these people realize that we are saturated and that we are tired of being taken for a ride with the expectation of hypothetical improvements. 

I agree that this DLC is a total mess.... 

But what I don't understand is why people cry about element nerf... It has never been easier on any other map to get element, you can literally farm hundreds of elements in minutes in the volcano... killing magmasaurs are so easy aswell and it provides insane amount of xp at the same time.. 
A mek destroys every magmasaur and is basically free to craft on genesis since it's so damn easy to get ressources on this DLC. If you don't have a mek, use a rex or even a magmasaur can kill them easily...

1 hour ago, ZyraSeedling said:

-33% element shards AND +33% mining drill harvest. I think they are juat trying to get players to use the drill vs anky.

(...)

This does not mean that the drill will still harvest the same. It's mining less shards and basically the same for all other stuff - this 33% buff is kinda irrelevant or was not properly applied.

Spent 8 hours on genesis today and...

... only saw 1 dilo, 1 rhino, 1 megatherium, 1 stego, 1 rex, and a raptor in all that time across the entire map.  It was a barren wasteland.  Though, I have to admit, without seeing any dino's anywhere for hours on end then teleporting and a Rex being right there, did make me jump.

after the last patch,  Lag increased 2x and dinos are next to non-existent, what ever did you break with this patch wildcard?

2 hours ago, caleb68 said:

Spent 8 hours on genesis today and...

... only saw 1 dilo, 1 rhino, 1 megatherium, 1 stego, 1 rex, and a raptor in all that time across the entire map.  It was a barren wasteland.  Though, I have to admit, without seeing any dino's anywhere for hours on end then teleporting and a Rex being right there, did make me jump.

after the last patch,  Lag increased 2x and dinos are next to non-existent, what ever did you break with this patch wildcard?

From my SP experience, in Genesis you need a restart to repopulate the server. When you wipe wild dinos you need to logout or absolutely no dinos spawns (i checked with the S+ transmitter, is ZERO spawns - and even when you log back in dinos only spawns in your little "box", the other biomes will not spawn anything until you load the area).

Meaning, that in SP is the absolute opposite - you have way to many spawns. Everything respawn all the damn time, there is no place empty, not even the walls and they are spawning inside my base all the time in every single login - i had to put two turrets because of all the damn yuti/chalico/theris spawning where they are not supposed too... seriously, i tamed like almost 30 therizinos (130-150), so many rhinos (i lost count of those) and a F* army of Yutyrannus... in 3 days...

1 minute ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

From my SP experience, in Genesis you need a restart to repopulate the server. When you wipe wild dinos you need to logout or absolutely no dinos spawns (i checked with the S+ transmitter, is ZERO spawns - and even when you log back in dinos only spawns in your little "box", the other biomes will not spawn anything until you load the area).

Meaning, that in SP is the absolute opposite - you have way to many spawns. Everything respawn all the damn time, there is no place empty, not even the walls and they are spawning inside my base all the time in every single login - i had to put two turrets because of all the damn yuti/chalico/theris spawning where they are not supposed too... seriously, i tamed like almost 30 therizinos (130-150), so many rhinos (i lost count of those) and a F* army of Yutyrannus... in 3 days...

well this post your qouting got merged to this thread without any notification... apparently a modrator felt that me talking about all the bloody dino's missing on the official servers needed to be added to this thread.   Good stealth merge Moderator (not even a notification about the merge). 

Official servers are void of dino's on more then one of the official genesis maps as several of my friends who are playing on other maps have asked the same.  Makes it darn near impossible to raise any dino thats a meat eater.  and we pretty much have all our dino's who are put away in pods because of this.  I haven't been able to touch any of my baby rexs either due to their being no meat around for me to feed them.

Now my Genesis is a fairly active server so the  only spawning in your little 'box' doesn't really work, people have been running all around the map looking for meat to eat but are coming up empty.   The only thing anyones been able to raise are berry eaters and magmasaur.

I'd like to point out that the Volcanic eruptions are great and all, but if you are going to allow all these jerks dupe, lag the server to hell and back and crash our servers, it would be nice if the eruptions didn't dismount and kill you instantly. I lost a full load out 3 dinos and gear because these idiots are duping on our server and the volcano was erupting when they crashed us. I'm getting tired of this bull, its your responsibility to take care of these idiots not ours. Take care of it. No more BS excuses, no more wringing your hands like a bunch of nervous teenagers during a school dance, put the hammer down and start banning these jerks. Better yet, fix your dang code, this wouldn't even be an issue if you hadn't screwed up in the first place and allowed them the ability to dupe. This is ALL your fault Wildcard,  bad programming is what enabled these people to do this in the first place.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:11 AM, Rio4201 said:

• Element nerf by 33%? Seriously?
  • Metal trap on the back of a turtle, guess what, EVERYTHING swims through it as if it doesn't have physics at all. /FAIL
  • Try hitting anything with a Basil, it's complete and total luck that you even hit it. 3 friggin eels on me for over an hour because I couldn't land a solid hit on one. 
  • Ocean Platforms that can be instantly destroyed and that for whatever reason, destroy the structures on adjoining platforms if demolished. There's a winner.
  • Blueprints? Yeah.. whatever Wildcard.
  • Titanosaur saddles in triplets off missions (this one makes me want to smack all of you.)
  • Ocean Platform height issues, another swimmingly thought out design. smh.. maybe you should call them kiddy pool platforms since you can only build them in waste high water.
  • Magmasaur Den, seriously? we killed around 60 Magmasaurs just to get to the element nodes in that pool and you have the gall to nerf element? After all that?
  • Creature spawns are a complete sham and seem to work when they want to. Looking for a Basilisk? good luck, I combed the entire volcano area on our server and found (2).
  • Dupers gone wild, Wildcard needs to grow a pair and region lock these idiots, or send the legal team after whoever. 
  • Griefing, yes its still a thing geniuses, pillaring, boxing in people's oil wells, etc etc.

I'm seriously just about over Ark and this game studio, I was really hoping to see an improved game with a fresh new direction, we got a somewhat different but just as broken release new release, conceptually it sounds fun and was fun to play, but now the issues outweigh the entertainment. I'm calling it like I see it, and this expansion sucks.

True. 

When did ark players loose their spine and balls? It's a fantastically complicated game that most gamers wont touch due to the seemingly perpetual glitchyness and other problems, the more complex it gets the more the more fun you can have with it, especially if you are a typical masochistic arker, unless you get castrated from getting arked to much, and a glitch finally is the straw that breaks your back I guess. Wonder how much of my crass language is going to get dilloed out lol.

Edit: yay none of it! :P

22 hours ago, caleb68 said:

sense i can't find any meat anywhere, this is all i've been doing:

Meat has never been easier to get: 

1. Start a mission with lots of mobs spawning (gamma works best). I can recommend the pollen mission in bog.  

2. If you have hexagon points, you can just buy it in the store. 

3. If you are really desperate, there is about a million of coel fish in the water. Just swim and bite, don't even look at the screen... 

5 minutes ago, TraXz said:

Meat has never been easier to get: 

1. Start a mission with lots of mobs spawning (gamma works best). I can recommend the pollen mission in bog.  

2. If you have hexagon points, you can just buy it in the store. 

3. If you are really desperate, there is about a million of coel fish in the water. Just swim and bite, don't even look at the screen... 

I shouldn't have to do missions just to get meat to feed my dinos.

And as I stated before, there weren't ANY dino's anywhere on the map, including fish.

As soon as 3.5x was shut off on our server, dino's started spawning in left and right.

Just now, caleb68 said:

I shouldn't have to do missions just to get meat to feed my dinos.

And as I stated before, there weren't ANY dino's anywhere on the map, including fish.

As soon as 3.5x was shut off on our server, dino's started spawning in left and right.

- You can literally just cancel the mission when you have enough meat. I don't see the problem here, instead of looking all over the map for things to kill, you can just start a mission and the "meat" will come right to you. On gamma you can basically 1-shot everything. I see it as a step in the right direction, since gathering meat is super boring.

- Yep we are all aware of mobs not spawning. The reason mobs spawned in again, was because the server did a reset and not because of boosted rates. Even tho boosted rates makes it lag more and then the server can't handle anything. 

Just now, TraXz said:

- You can literally just cancel the mission when you have enough meat. I don't see the problem here, instead of looking all over the map for things to kill, you can just start a mission and the "meat" will come right to you. On gamma you can basically 1-shot everything. I see it as a step in the right direction, since gathering meat is super boring.

- Yep we are all aware of mobs not spawning. The reason mobs spawned in again, was because the server did a reset and not because of boosted rates. Even tho boosted rates makes it lag more and then the server can't handle anything. 

The server never was reset, we continued to play after 3.5x was shut off, it was not restarted for a reset to take place.

Just now, caleb68 said:

The server never was reset, we continued to play after 3.5x was shut off, it was not restarted for a reset to take place.

Oh okay, well it just proves that the servers can't handle those stupid events they are making. :D
Our genesis server went down and when it came back up a lot of mobs has spawned. I thought every server did that. 

1 minute ago, TraXz said:

Oh okay, well it just proves that the servers can't handle those stupid events they are making. :D
Our genesis server went down and when it came back up a lot of mobs has spawned. I thought every server did that. 

yeah didn't happen with ours, but it did start spawning things in every biome as soon as the event ended.  I doubt that it was the event itself that caused the issue, as they have never had problems like this before (even during the charity event with 9x going on).  this is something else, some bug causing the problem, which seems to be linked to one of the multiplers they shut off (xp, taming, or breeding).  I'm wondering whats going to happen from the 7th to the 27th, being it will be 2x everything during that time for the egg excellent event, how long will it take before no dino's are spawning again.

I really am not trying to be the bad guy, I'm just really tired of what should be a fun experience, turning into something frustrating.  Last week and a half, we've had dupers on the server around 10pm until early early in the morning crashing, lagging, and just causing major mayhem. We had a few on today, lagged the server out during a mission in Lunar biome, got us all killed, lost dinos, lost gear, one guy lost his tek armor. It's really counterproductive of being fun when things like this get in the way of all that.  I lost 3 dinos and a great desert set after they duped and lagged the server during a volcanic eruption, of course the minute the server lagged us all out, we dismounted and were burned to cinders. Everyone I was with came back, but I landed beneath the mesh and lost everything. It's completely frustrating.  Those meteor strikes in Lunar, that's by far the most annoying and not fun thing going on in there, its more than enough to have raptors, rexes and whatever else trying to munch on you, but let's drop a meteor on our head's as well?  I saw my entire party get nailed by it tonight and it was sadly disheartening, I managed to steer clear by sheer dumb luck as I missed my jump to the next plateau heh.  Going in to the racing missions, that's a complete train wreck, between the terrible server performance, duping and insanity of getting stuck on geography that a rhino or sabercat should be able to easily traverse, it's maddening lol.  Another keen example, we were doing Moedor last week, that stupid whirlpool shoved one of our guys into a low hanging ledge near the bottom, his imprinted Mosa was anti-meshed, then he was. Complete disaster.  What started out as a great adventure was ruined by issues that I personally feel we shouldn't be having.   In any case, I didn't mean to necro this thread, but my frustration levels are through the roof after issue after issue after issue today and figured I'd vent here. 

Archived