Server not viewable/joinable due to mod? (Super Structures)

Kline

Server not viewable/joinable due to mod (Super Structures)

I'm essentially at a loss as to what the issue is at this point. When Ark server version updated to 309.4 a few days ago, the server broke. Couldn't get it viewable/joinable in the server list in-game on Ark.

Server is updated to 309.53 now, all should be well. But, it isn't. When Super Structures is included in the load order for the server, it can't be seen in the server list in-game nor can it be joined from direct connect via Steam server viewer. Server reports 309.53 as the version.

This is a Linux server being handled using Pterodactyl. All mods are updated via SteamCMD or by manually uploading using the web interface or via sftp. Server has 41gb~ of storage and 6gb of memory allocated to it. Self hosted, no hosting service.

What has been done so far:

• Mod deleted from server and redownloaded using SteamCMD
  • Mod deleted from server and manually uploaded via Pterodactly web interface
  • Mod deleted from server and manually uploaded via ftp client
  • Saved Ark from earlier in March used instead of the most current save, didn't work, uploaded mod manually again, still didn't work.
  • Have tried using mod files from other people, including uploading from a different machine (just trying everything)
  • Removed ONLY super structures from load order, can load in when it isn't included. 
  • Ran this ./steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /mnt/server +app_update 376030 validate +quit

I may have forgot to list something here that has been tried but I think I got everything. If something is mentioned by someone that I forgot about trying I'll mention it and update the list.

Very appreciative of any help here.

I have Windows, not Linux, but am running the SS Mod.

Just checked all of my servers, and though I had a little bit of a connection issue initially, they are all showing in the list and can be played.

Your issue definitely appears to be related to the mod though. Are you getting any errors in the logs? Made any changes to the ini files recently?

On 4/4/2020 at 11:01 PM, SylenThunder said:

I have Windows, not Linux, but am running the SS Mod.

Just checked all of my servers, and though I had a little bit of a connection issue initially, they are all showing in the list and can be played.

Your issue definitely appears to be related to the mod though. Are you getting any errors in the logs? Made any changes to the ini files recently?

No Ini file changes recently to my knowledge. And I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the logs

1 hour ago, GOFYURS said:

I have found this happen when the mods get out of sync, ie the client and server and running different versions of the mod.

Check both versions to ensure they are the same, then check for corrupted files.

I've tried reuploading the mod directly from my game install via FTP and pterodactyl web interface across two different machines both before and after reinstalling them client side

Archived